Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
thedraw,

Hello And Welcome :wave:

MON5982/3 Is Operated By An Airbus A321-200, More Information On This Aircraft Type, And Airline Can Be Found On Our What Aircraft? Thread

IFE Should Be Available To You And Is As Follows
partybou-uk wrote:
A300 / 757 / 767 / A320 / A321 / A330 Main Screen

O/B

THE YOUNG VICTORIA

Showing time: 100mins.
Drama. Starring: Paul Bettany, Jim Broadbent, Emily Blunt

THE PROPOSAL

Showing time: 108 mins
Romantic Comedy Starring: Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds, Malin Akerman

**NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2

Showing time: 105 mins
Action/Comedy. Starring: Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Robin Williams

I/B

X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE

Showing time: 108 mins
Action/Thriller Starring: Hugh Jackman, Live Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds

GHOSTS OF GIRLFRIENDS PAST

Showing time: 100 mins
Comedy Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Garner

**THE SECRET OF MOONACRE

Showing time: 103 mins
Adventure/Fantasy Starring Loan Gruffudd, Dakota Blue Richards, Tim Curry
As well as a film being shown, you will also have the opportunity to watch popular TV programmes such as The Simpsons, Gavin & Stacey, My Family, Black Adder etc. depending on the duration of your flight and how long the chosen film lasts.

Gower

PS, IFE Listings Provided By partyboy_uk
Thank you very much, you're so quick and helpful.
Hi again,
Going Egypt on 12th october, the flight is 9.00am do we get free meals and drinks or do we have to pay for them?.
Mi$$y,

I can tell you that on your flight to Egypt, you will receive a meal and tea or coffee as part of the ticket price. Any other food and drink you will be able to purchase onboard.
Apologies if I've already asked this. In the premium cabin, is there an option to pick particular seats? I assume if there is, it will be an extra charge?
Mobor One,

Monarch don't offer a select your seat service on charter flights.

Darren
Hi there,

Just wanted to say that our flight to Corfu from Gatwick at the end of August went very smoothly. No delays,really nice check-in man,who let us check in early!!! Lovely cabin staff,and the best food I have ever tasted on an aeroplane,and we didn't even pay for meals,but were offered them anyway!! Slight delay on the way back home,but it was due to a technical fault earlier on in the day. Wasn't too much of a problem.

Well done Monarch!!! Will definately fly again with you!! :cheers
Sorry I've asked this question in the 'hold luggage' thread but i need an answer ASAP

I'm getting really confused after reading through this thread, I fly to Egypt this monday with Monarch, the tickets states 20KG baggage allowance, on the back of the ticket it says no more than 5KG for hand luggage.

Can someone please tell me ASAP does that mean I get 20KG hold luggage and 5KG hand luggage or does it mean 15KG hold and 5KG hand luggage = 20KG.

thank you.
Mi$$y,

Refer to your post on the HOLD LUGGAGE: contents, allowances, excess baggage, Q&As. Please only post on one of the threads to avoid duplication, we read them all!!!

Darren
Sorry Darren

I wasn't sure which thread would get the quickest reply as it was to do with Monarch and luggage

Sorry again.
This means 25kg in total,5kg for hand luggage and 20kg for hold!!!

Enjoy your holiday in Egypt :wave:
susie.m wrote:
This means 25kg in total,5kg for hand luggage and 20kg for hold!!!

Enjoy your holiday in Egypt :wave:

Gosh i'm more confused than ever now, Darren said it was 15KG hold and 5KG hand luggage :que

And thank you I will enjoy it :D
Mi$$y

lets try to straighten this one out.

Baggage allowance can be confusing and therefore a nice revenue stream for the airlines, if youve been caught out and had to pay charges at the check in desk then you will know what I mean.

Monarch charter filghts (i.e MON flight number prefix ) allow passengers a total of 20Kgs each and this has to include the 5Kgs of hand luggage.

If in any doubt pack light and dont rely on your household scales to be in sync with the airports.

Here is the link to the relevent Monarch page for reference

Hope this helps
Have a great time
Andy

http://www.monarch.co.uk/faq/flights/baggage/hold-checked-in-baggage-charges-charter
acorns8 wrote:
Mi$$y

lets try to straighten this one out.

Baggage allowance can be confusing and therefore a nice revenue stream for the airlines, if youve been caught out and had to pay charges at the check in desk then you will know what I mean.

Monarch charter filghts (i.e MON flight number prefix ) allow passengers a total of 20Kgs each and this has to include the 5Kgs of hand luggage.

If in any doubt pack light and dont rely on your household scales to be in sync with the airports.

Here is the link to the relevent Monarch page for reference

Hope this helps
Have a great time
Andy

http://www.monarch.co.uk/faq/flights/baggage/hold-checked-in-baggage-charges-charter

Thank you for your fast reply

As its a combined weight could I do 18KG hold and 2KG hand luggage or does it have to be 15KG hold and 5KG hand luggage?.
yes you could as long as the hand baggage does not exceed 5kgs
We're flying Monarch to Goa (definitely long haul, not sure about Egypt) on a package booked with Monarch (ex Cosmos) and our luggage allowance is 20kgs hold, 5kgs hand.
I couldn't find anywhere on the website where it gave luggage allowance so I emailed Monarch customer services and got a quick reply back confirming:
"Your luggage allowance is 20kgs for hold luggage and 5kgs for hand luggage".

To be honest, if I saw 20kgs stated on my ticket, I'd expect that to be my hold allowance only.
I'd be inclined to contact Monarch to confirm your allowance.
I'd guess you'd be really annoyed if you chucked out 3kgs and then found you were 5kgs underweight.

Monarch replied to me within 30 minutes.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.