Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I like the window seat as well, but I also get a bit claustrophobic, so I'd rather just have my partner sitting next to me, rather than being crammed in a row of 3. The flight is about 10hrs. I've got the rush-hour traffic to consider, but I should be there between 6 and 7pm.
Shell, if you do not mind paying the cost for extra legroom then I think you would be best advised to pay for this in advance. If you do not pay in advance and you get to the check-in desk and all of the extra legroom seats have already been paid for (quite possible on a long-haul flight), then you will not be given one of the seats you mention. If you have already paid for extra legroom seats when you get there and then make your request to be sat in one of the seats next to the window at the rear of the aircraft then I think you would stand a much better chance. Good luck! :tup
Hi,

We are flying Gatwick to Paphos on 20th Sept, MON1734, could anyone tell me what plane we will be on please?

Thanks
Tahiti, welcome to the forum!

Your flight is operated by an A300B4-605R. For more information on this aircraft visit the What aircraft? Guide.

Have a great holiday :)
I am flying out to Larnaca a week today.
LTN-LCA-LTN (ZB856/7) A scheduled flight.
Am I right in assuming that we don't get any food on a scheduled flight... unless you actually buy it from the menu onboard..? Sorry to appear so stupid, but I wasn't sure. If this is the case, am I allowed to take some food with me in the hand luggage? I know my liquids are limited, so I will just have to buy drinks on board, but I was dreading the thought of having to buy 5 meals!
I have been looking at the FAQ's on the site, but cant see the mention of food.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks
Hello Traceyhf1,

I know it has been discussed on this forum before but don't worry I can tell you that you are correct, meals are not included but can be purchased onboard. You are able to take your own food on without any problems and, like you say, drinks may be limited when passing through security. Just in case, I can also let you know that you are not allowed to take hot drinks onboard with you but if you do want a hot drink then these can also be purschased on your flight. Have a great holiday :sun2
Thanks for your reply partyboy, off to look the A300 up now, and look back on here to see which are the seats I want to try to get at check in.

Two more sleeps until Paphos!
tahiti,
We have a great guide for information on aircraft which can be located here: What Aircraft Guide
Hi All
Has anyone any idea why yesterdays Monarch Luton to Dalaman flight was delayed please?
TF
Hi

I am looking to fly with Monarch next year to Mexico from Gatwick. Please can you advise me what the seat pitch is in economy?

Also is it worth the upgrade to premium?

I ask this I know from Thomson / TC with 33" in economy there is no real point to me in the upgrade.

Thanks
Monarch Airlines (MON/ZB):
Long haul: Airbus A330-200. Configuration: Economy 3-3-3 (rear 8 rows 2-3-2) with 30" seat pitch, IFE via ceiling mounted CRT screens over the isles. Premium Economy 2-4-2 with 34" seat pitch, seat back IFE. Boeing 767-300/ER. Configuration: Economy 2-4-2 with 30" seat pitch, IFE via ceiling mounted CRT screens over the isles. Premium Economy 2-3-2 with 34" seat pitch, seat back IFE (via portable Digi-players)

taken from our what aircraft thread

wizard
djmoomin,

The aircraft used is as Wizrd shows above from our What Aircraft? guide. Seat pitch is 30" with Monarch so you might want to consider extra legroom seating. Premium is 34" seat pitch so offers the same sort of seat pitch as extra legroom (exit rows being the exception), but you have the benefits of seat back IFE, complimentory drinks, inceased luggage allowance etc. It's personal choice whether you think it's value for money or not. If you just want a bit more seat pitch, go for extra legroom.

Darren
I recieved my tickets today, on the flight coupon it says to reconfirm all your flights 48 hours before departures.

I went onto Monarchs website and registered, I tried to login with my details and I got this message 'Please try again and ensure you are entering the email address used to make your booking and that the booking reference number is correct'.

I booked through a travel agent not online, I didnt have to give them my email address :que :que
Mi$$y,

As BY-TOM-AMM-FCA Says, The Best Thing To Do Would Be To Contact The Travel Agent Through Which You Booked The Holiday, They Should Be Able To Advise You Appropriately

Gower
Thank you for the replies

I went to the travel agents and they said I don't need to do anything as I booked a package holiday.
hello :)

my first time here so be gentle

is there anywhere i can find out what films/entertainment will be on a premium Monarch flight from LGW to Male later this month please

Thank you

:thanks
marmy,

Welcome To The Forums :wave:

IFE For October Can Be Found Here, (Post By Partyboy-uk)

If There Is Anything Else, Just Pop Question On

Gower
Hi

i wonder if you could tell me which aircraft is used on flight MON5982/3 LGW to Heraklion i am due to go on this flight on Friday, also do you know if there willbe in IFE?

Many thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.