Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thank you for your replies

I booked it with first choice, i've just looked at their website and it says 20KG baggage allowance

I'm going to take 19KG hold and 2-3 KG hand luggage, if I get there and they tell me I have gone over my limit I will complain as the ticket states 20KG and it says the same on first choices website

I will let you know what happens on my return :yipee
Mi$$y.

Just look at the 3rd papragraph on First Choice wesite.

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/help/luggage/baggage-allowance/

It does state to check your tickets.

Angie.
Hi

We are flying with Monarch from Manchester on 4th December & I'm a bit confused as to whether its a direct flight or stopping off at Bahrain, does anyone know? :que

Thanks
AJ
ameliajane,

It Would Help If You Could Give Us A Destination To Where You Are Flying :que And Also Your Flight Numbers If You Have Them

Gower
ameliajane,

As Gower mentions, it depends which flight you are on (flight number) whether you have a technical stop onroute to Goa or not. If flights are operated by the Airbus A330-200, the flight will be non-stop. If it's operated by the Airbus A300B4-605R, you'll have a fuel stop in Bahrain as they don't have the range to make it non-stop.

Darren
We are flying with Monarch from Manchester on 4th December & I'm a bit confused as to whether its a direct flight or stopping off at Bahrain, does anyone know?

I think you're asking if it's a NON-STOP flight, not DIRECT.

Non-stop is exactly what it says, it takes off from your departure airport and doesn't stop until you reach your final destination.

Direct flights may stop for refuelling or to pick up extra passengers.

If you're keen on one or the other type of flight, do make sure you are clear about what you want.
In my experience not all travel agents are clear about the distinction.

I'd guess if you're taking about a stop in Bahrain, you may be flying to Goa.
I'm new to this forum and wondered if anyone could help? We've booked economy chartered flight from Gatwick to Goa in March with Monarch (MON4372/3). Considering whether to try and book extra legroom seats. Does anyone know what type of aircraft it will be, what the facilities are like, anything else we should know. We've got inflight meal included - does this mean just one, any drinks included??? Any help would be appreciated.
Monarch flights are much maligned by many HT'ers but I guess they are a means to an end. It is not the most comfortable of flights, particularly if you are tall but then I didn't think Thomas Cooks flight was anything to write home about either. If I remember rightly you will get a breakfast and a dinner (unless this has changed) but I wouldn't get too excited about the fayre on offer, tea and coffee with your meals included but nothing else complimentary. Monarch got us there safely and on time many times and for this I was always grateful.

I think they use the 320 Airbus but as I'm no expert on this subject your best bet would be to ask Dazbo who will be able to answer your question in depth.

Hope this helps a little :tup Fizz
Some very helpful people on the flight forum which I suspect this topic will be moved to.They will give you all the help you need.

Monarch......never ever ever.

Papa
hairy_lairy,

Welcome onboard :tup
You don't say what dtes you are flying. Monarch normally use an Airbus A330-200, or an Airbus A300B4-605R. You'll find further aircraft details on our What Aircraft? guide. Flights with Monarch are pretty basic compared to the other charter carriers with seat pitches of 30" in economy. They are fine for the average person, but if you're on the tall side of have long legs, extra legroom seating is certainly worth considering. You'll normally get a meal followed by a snack before landing. These are served with tea, coffee or squash. All other drinks are extra cost.

Darren
Thanks both for your reply. The flight leaves gatwick 11 March and returns 26 March 2010
hairy_lairy,

Please quote flight numbers when you can. Your flight numbers are: LGW-GOI-LGW (MON4372/3). Looking at the flight times, the flight is operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R with a technical stop in Bahrain. However, this can change so you might want to ask again closer to the time.

Darren
OK. The answer is probably "no", but I'll ask anyway.
If you get free bar service in the premium cabin, does that mean I can have pringles too, or just drinks?
Mobor One,

Drinks are complimentory (not really free as you've paid to upgrade!), but snacks are at extra costs.

Darren
Hi flying Mombassa(Kenya) with monarch flight number mon6524 can you tell me what plane it will be, and is it worth upgrading to premier class,thanks
JANTY,

You don't say when you're travelling, presumable winter 09? Your flights should be operated by an Airbus A330-200, possibly the Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft details on our What Aircraft? guide. Whether to upgrade to premium or not is a personal choice. If you want increased luggage allowace, seat back IFE and extra seat pitch, then you might find it worthwhile. If you just want increased seat pitch, extra legroom seats might be worth looking at.

Darren
I'm traveling to Goa on Nov 12th MON4372 ..... 13.50.
When will the main meal be served as I would like to have a proper lunch at Gatwick.
So will it be a late lunch or dinner?

Thanks
maxi,

Welcome onboard :tup
Meals are normally served around 2 hours after take off. You should be served a diner, although it's probably not much different to the lunch menu!

Darren
Hi,our TC holiday flights to Goa have been changed to Monarch..MON2490 and MON2491 on Jan 2nd 2010.
Will these flights stop in Bahrain or will they be non stop to Goa? Thanks,Paula
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.