Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
milliemeg, I can see that your flight will definitely be operated by an A330-200 and will be non-stop. You can get more information on this aircraft in Dazbo's What Aircraft? Guide.
New IFE Features for November and December:

A300 / 757 / 767 / A320 / A321 / A330 Main Screen

O/B

500 DAYS OF SUMMER

Showing time: 94 mins.
Comedy/ Drama Starring:Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Zooey Deschanel, Geoffrey Arend

THE TIME TRAVELLERS WIFE

Showing time: 108 mins
Drama Starring: Rachel McAdams, Eric Bana, Arliss Howard

**ICE AGE 3

Showing time: 93 mins
Animation/ Adventure Starring: Ray Romano, John Leguziamo, Denis Leary

I/B

JULIE & JULIA

Showing time: 120 mins
Comedy/ Romance Starring: Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, Stanley Tucci

LAND OF THE LOST

Showing time: 97 mins
Comedy/ Adventure Starring: Will Ferrell, Danny McBride, Anna Friel

**UP

Showing time: 96 mins
Animation/ Adventure Starring: Edward Asner, Christopher Plummer, Jordan Nagai

A330 Premium Programme (passengers are able to select which film they view)

O/B

TRANSFORMERS 2 (Action Channel)

Showing time: Approx. 150 minutes

Action/ Adventure starring Shia LaBeouf, Megan fox, Josh Duhamel

ADAM (Light Entertainment Channel)

Showing time: Approx. 99 minutes

Comedy/ Drama starring Hugh Dancy, Rose Byrne, Peter Gallagher

THE SOLOIST (Drama Channel)

Showing time: Approx. 117 minutes.

Drama staring Jamie Fox, Robert Downey Jnr

**DR DOOLITTLE: MILLION DOLLAR MUTTS (Children Channel)

Showing time: Approx. 87 minutes

Comedy staring Kyla Pratt, Judge Reinhold, Tegan Moss

I/B

G.I. JOE: RISE OF COBRA (Action Channel)

Showing time: Approx. 120 minutes

Action/ Adventure starring Tatum, Dennis Quaid, Joseph Gordon-Levitt

I LOVE YOU BETH COOPER (Light Entertainment Channel)

Showing time: Approx. 98 minutes

Comedy starring Hayden Panettiere, Paul Rust, Jack Carpenter

ANGELS & DEMONS (Drama Channel)

Showing time: Approx. 139 minutes

Crime/Drama/Mystery/Thriller starring Tom Hanks, Ewan McGregor, Ayelet Zurer

**MONSTERS Vs ALIENS (Children's Channel)

Showing time: Approx. 94 minutes

Animated Comedy starring Reese Witherspoon, Hugh Laurie, Will Arnet, Seth Rogan

** denotes films shown on flights with a higher number of children

As well as a film being shown, you will also have the opportunity to watch popular TV programmes such as The Simpsons, Gavin & Stacey, My Family, Black Adder etc. depending on the duration of your flight and how long the chosen film lasts.
My apologies Mobor One,

I have updated the post to show that the A330 listing made separate on the post is in fact the listing for the Premium cabin.

The 767 will be operating flights on behalf of Air Mediterranée in an all economy configuration over the winter period before returning to Thomas Cook around March time I believe, and so will not have a premium cabin. Only one of the A300-600 a/c will be configured to ABX with a premium cabin this year and all preimum passengers are provided with digeplayers for their entertainment. The selection of films available is I believe the same as the option of films given at the head of the listings.

I hope this helps :)
Thanks partyboy and dazbo,one more question...I want to book carpark but do not know yet if we go from Gatwick north or south,do you? We are on flight MON2490 on 2nd Jan to Goa. Thanks
monarch use the South terminal

for parking i always use http://www.cophallfarm.co.uk/

wizard
The last few times we flew with Monarch you were able to check in at any time (Gatwick) and at any desk. Do you know if they still do that or if they have strict check in opening times and desks allocated?

Another question. Trying to look for Goa 2010 / 11 but the Monarch site only offers flight up until the end of November 2010. Any ideas when December will be availalbe, or what is happening?
Mobor One,

Same as before, you can use any desk and are fine checking-in in 3 or 4 hours before your flight departs. I would imagine they are still deciding what they're doing in Winter 2010 yet and will release flights once decisions have been made.

Darren
Thanks Darren.

Can you tell them to hurry up? I want to book!!! ;)
Darren
MON2491 - Gatwick - Do you know where the flight will be coming in from? Just to I can keep an eye on the screen to make sure it lands on time :tup
Hi Guys, Im hoping to fly with Monarch in the new year, on the booking form it says when booking a seat that some seats marked with the letter ( i ) are suitable for adults with children ,what does that mean, is it worth booking the extra leg room ?
boomersdad,

I can see what you are talking about on the seating maps for Monarch when you proceed to making a seat reservation online. I must say that the location of the seats marked with an "i" (for infant - children under 2) does appear quite random in my opinion.

I can say however that there are certain seats on a plane that are not suitable for adults with infants because these are designated as emergency exit seats and can only be used for able-bodied passengers 16+ and for obvious reasons anyone travelling with an infant would not be allowed to sit here. You may also notice that those seats marked with an "i" are adjacent to a window (or the middle of the centre aisle on widebodied aircraft). This is to accommodate passengers travelling with an infant that may also want to use a car seat. Due to the obstruction the car seats may cause to other passengers in an emergency, these passengers must occupy a seat next to the window or in the middle of the centre aisle. Due to the positioning of the seatbelt and which direction the buckle is released from, those seats allocated for infants travelling in car seats are usually allocated on one particular side of the aircraft, which can vary from one aircraft to the next.

As for legroom... well, that is really a matter of personal choice. You didn't mention where you were flying to but I would certainly recommend it if you are travelling long haul. Short haul seating with Monarch is very similar to most of the other charter airlines so if you can cope with that then you should be ok. On the other hand if you enjoy your plane journeys and like to make it an extra part of the holiday then why not plunge for a bit of extra legroom and, in most cases, be seated towards the front of the aircraft.

If you have any more questions then please do not hesitate to ask. If not, then have a great holiday!!!
Hi Partyboy,

Am I correct in assuming that unless you have reserved your seats online, the seating is not pre-assigned a few days before like Thomson/First Choice so you have to turn up as early as possible to get some sort of choice of where to sit?
sydney,

That's correct although I wouldn't say you need to turn up especially early. 2 - 2.5 hours before for a short/mid hul flight is average. It's only when you are amungst the last to check-in when seats are becoming limited that you'll run the risk of getting split up, unless you want to sit in a particular part of the aircraft.

Darren
Thank you Darren.

We are flying to Goa on 12th December and as I become so excited we have to leave the house really early. We will probably be there about 5 hours before take off. One year, we arrived so early the flight hadn't opened and we had to mooch about a bit first.
For those people travelling on Monarch Scheduled (ZB flight number) flights, there is a new menu from which you can purchase hot and cold food. There is now also the option to purchase meal deals. Click here to see the new menu.
We are flying to Goa on the 12th December MON2490 dep 18:50.

We don't know whether to have a light snack type lunch when we arrive at the airport or to have a more substantial meal. If we are taking off around 18:50 would we have a meal/snack around 1 hour or 2 hours after takeoff?
Sydney, you will be served a meal (roast chicken in standard cabin or a choice of chicken or beef in preimum) about 2 hours after take off. Before the meal service you will also be given the opportunity to purchase snacks, confectionary and drinks. If you feel that this is too long to wait then you may want to consider something a bit more substantial to eat. Of course, you may also want to consider the possibility that the food onboard is not to your taste. I am sure there are plenty of places in Gatwick to grab a bite to eat. Otherwise, you may want to bring something to eat on the plane from home if you want to save those pennies for your holiday. Whatever you choose, have a great holiday!! :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.