Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
monsoon
86 Posts
Hello everyone, I am now a member of the monsoon club, arrived on Fri, there hasn't been too much rain, and it is still very hot, there are hardly any taxis in the Candolim area, and very few shops/ restaurants up this end, although calangute and Mapsua seem busy, It is a nice time to visit, roads are quiet, and not 1 seller on the deserted beach.
Love Lin
Sounds great Lin, would love to visit during the monsoons. have a great time :D
What's the humidity like ?

john
Hi Noggin really envy you, it must be about 35years since my last monsoon I,d be interested to hear of the state of the beach at Sinquern as one post said it had been washed away, it certainly took some damage last monsoon, also how is the River Princess surviving, the goverment has gone strangley silent on the subject, likely hoping the monsoon will break her up and then they can blame something else, rather than their own incompitence Alan
The monsoon doesn't sound nearly as rainy as I thought it would be. Is July/Aug the wettest? On our first visit to Goa we met an English guy who'd lived there 5 years and he said he couldn't face another monsoon. Maybe he was just homesick. We normally go on hols at the end of the season (Mar/Apr) as we don't like it to be too busy but reading the posts it appears that there is quite a bit going on in Goa after May.
It has it's up's and down, sometimes it throws it dows and everything is damp and horrible, other times it has nice sunny breaks which make the whole experience so much nicer
Hi gramps....i will let you know about the things you asked....
We arrive in Mumbai on 21 July , then we will be in Goa from the 23 July for 2weeks...i will try to keep everyone updated as often as possible.. :wave
The humidity is very high at the moment, 89% today, has been as high as 97%. It is very hot too. We are told by the locals that there usually is more rain then we have had so far, when it does rain it cools down quite a bit and is very pleasant. We went for a walk on the beach today- I can understand why they pull the shacks down, they would have been washed away by now!
can you still get a decent tan going in the monsoon season? :tup
As my place is near the beach it is very breezy and does not seem humid at all, and I dont need the fans at night, but once you get into the town you will notice the humidity, although so far I don't think it is too bad.
It rained yesterday around 8pm for 2 mins.
The river princess is still sitting loud and proud on Candolim beach, I think the goverments new policy is to ignore it and it will go away.
You would still be able to get a tan, but the beach is a bit windy, round a pool is poss the best option.
Lin
:) well Noggin must be there now, lucky so & so; spoke to our friend in Candolim this morning and he says that it was raining, still wish i was there. Maybe linB can give us more information while we wait for Noggin to report back :wink:

Jayne :wave
Hi Jayne, yes it has been raining on and off all day,and quite a while yesterday as well, but it is still hot and humid. It doesn't seem to make much difference to anyone, life carries on as normal.
Its nice to see all the greenery washed clean of the orange dust, and the roads are so quiet, there seems to be more cows on the roads than cars,

Lin
I had an e-mail from a friend in Calangute last week who said that the rains were few and infrequent...........what a difference a few days can make!!

GFF xx

http://www.newkerala.com/news4.php?action=fullnews&id=4031
How is the monsoon progressing in Goa this year? I know it started of pretty sparse but it seems to have taken off lately. Has anyone heard of Noggin who was going out to Goa for his first Monsoon? Iv'e not heard anything of him since his return or have I missed his reports Alan
Dont think he has been back in alan since he went on his monsoon trip!
Hi.....
sorry ive been away from the site for a while....change of jobs etc..
Goa/Mumbai in monsoon....fantastic......its the 11th time ive been to Goa and the best...everything so green and fresh....,not too much rain but when it did it was fun!!!! honest...
Alot of building work going on in Goa...."holiday" street in Candolim looks like a bomb has hit it and a building site in one....everything boarded up and not a single person down there.....but friends asure me it will all be done by November....
Calangute was just like normal but with only a handful of white faces....the first week we were there , there were no shacks on the entire beach....the second week we found two !!!
We will be going again in next monsoon.....anyone want any help or information about monsoon travel...please get back to me and i will try to help....happy holidaying Goa fans......Noggin.
Nice to hear from you Noggn, I thought the monsoon had washed you away! Glad you enjoyed it. Did you manage to get down to the Sinquerm end of the beach ?, reports indicate it's in an auful state You have made me think, it's many a year since I spent a monsoon in India, and then I was working. It sound like Goa will be like it was like years ago, mabey next year we'll give it a try. Alan
Hi gramps...its nice to be back on site....
Yes..went down to Sinquerm....the sea was all way in to the wall ???? No sand visible at all....i have heared people say it happens every year and the sand gets washed back...will have to wait and see....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.