Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
mozzies
81 Posts
:D I have done a little research on repelants and have tried jungle formula it is recomended by the forest comision and seems to work.
We experianced mossies on the second week of our hol in sunny beach last year start of july really bad. though this was due to the heavy rain of teh previous week before we went. the eggs take 7 to 10 days to hatch so worth keeping an eye on teh weather before u travel :wink:
ewa we were there in july last year our second week was shocking due to the mozzies the last couple of nights you couldn't even go for a walk there were that bad hoping it's not the same this year :shock:
brought back for Jones32 :D
i have just got back and after being there a fortnight managed not to get bit till the night before we left,,, my ankle blooned up and was really sore but better at the end of the holiday then at the start,,,,,then at the airport while waiting in line we got attacked and i was eaten,,,i have been home for 2 days now and i have had to go the doctors who was considering sending me to hospital,,, this is the worst reaction i have ever had,, i have about 60 bites on both legas and a fewon my arms,,one leg has swollen so big and the other is satrting to swell
i am misserable and in pain,,,ouch :cry:
That sounds nasty col73, hope you're ok.
Guess we need to make sure we've got mozzie repellant on until the last minute :(
T.C
two garlic pills a day for a month before you go. Mozzies hate them :D
Fiona, Good old Marmite on a slice of bread each day, never any problems over past ten years. slightly off subject, would you like to delete the "Bratislava Hotel" Albena, as it no longer exists. Tonyt.
thanks Tony - will do
someone told me their friend is just back from sunny beach and they got bitter 14 times in 1 hour. :x
Hi guys, does anyone know if there is much of a problem with mozzie's in sunny beach at the moment. Want to be prepared this year and with the recenct heat wave i suspect they may be a problem. We go on the 13th August for 2 weeks :sun
I am well prepared for the mozzies a few drops of lemon grass in my suntan lotions and aftersun and they do not go near me
at home in sunny london i get bitten to pieces , but in albena i got bitten just twice , that was brill for me , we did see a lot of mozzies , but we had good old tesco mozzie repellent on , roll on one all over
I only got bitten when i was there when i was playing crazy golf and had to wander into the bushes to retrieve my ball :oops: :P . We bought mossibands from the supermarket and i used avons soft and fresh oil at nights and they seemed to work. Thankfully it was only me who got bitten and my 5 year old escaped. I dont think its a major problem.
Try Boots repel its BOGOF just now, It got a brill report from 'Which'

I've just bought spray on and a plug
Just got back from Golden Sands yesterday. No probs with mozzies for about 12 days then BANG we all got bitten. Maybe it's just coming up to Mozzy season there.
You don't have to go to Bulgaria for them, have been bitten enough in our garden this year, the little *&%$"s!

Peter
Well I will certainly be packing loads of avon woodland fresh skin so soft. Taking no chances :lol:
There is a good stuff sold in scotland in TISO Edinburgh MOZZY OFF COCKTAIL LOTION. You can also buy this online from tiso.com In Scotland we get midgies ( part of the mozzy family ) especially near forests etc and this is used by forestery workers, ramblers, hillwalkers etc.

Its gaurenteed to kill mozzys at £4 a bottle (15ml size ) £9 100 ml size )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.