Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
My Travel/Airtours
150 Posts
hi jeanette

your welcome ! :D

lou x
MyTravel's new website will be going live this week so I would imagine that is the reason for the trouble as they are likely to be running tests and checks on it.

Spies
Thanks, just glad its not my fault-Again!!!! :lol:
I have worked as a travel agent for 9 years and trust me for the whole 9 years I have been in the trade Airtours/My Travel or however you prefer to refer to them have always "been going down the pan" it's teh 3rd largest tour operator so don't panic it's old news and we're all bored of it now
Flying to Salou with Airtours. Is check in at the airport 2 or 3 hours before.
Thanks
I've been searching online for holidays and My Travel is the cheapest. Just wondered if anyone knows which travel agents can book My Travel holidays for you?

Many Thanks

Louise xx
Just wondered if anyone knows which travel agents can book My Travel holidays for you?
Going Places is the high street branch of MyTravel/Airtours. You can book Airtours holidays in any high street travel agent, but you're more likely to get a better discount on Airtours if you book with Going Places.
Go with direct holidays part of the same group phoneor book on line have just got a weeks h/b for three of us £743 flying from glasgow to alicante
I got a great price off the net and Thomas Cook matched it with an airtours holiday. Direct holidays were actually more expensive for the holiday. Orlando here we come.
Just a couple of quick questions ...

1. Does anyone know if you can book a MYtravel flight anywhere cheaper, other than on their own website for next years flights (ie NOT last minute / late deals) ?

2. Anyone know if Mytravel day time flights to Turkey (Antalya) are prone to be changed to night flights.

I am on the verge of booking flights for Oct 2007 - these are quite expensive and I would be sooooo annoyed if they got changed to those stupid night time flights after we had deliberately paid more to travel in the day.

Grateful for any help you can give :roll:
Hi all
My husband is flying out to Turkey on the 4th September. How many days before do they send out the tickets? Have never used them before, other companies normally between 10-14 days.

Thank you
Dawnie-Rob
On our confirmation for next year it says that the tickets will be issued 7-10 days before hand.
I am booked to go with Tradewinds (which is part of this group) next Thursday and our tickets still have not arrived.
This company has in my opinion got a very black mark against them, as this is the second thing they have mucked with our booking. The first being booking us on the wrong cruise and now this.
Compounding all this, is that it is booked through Going Places, which is also part of the group.

We shall not be using them in the future as they only seem interested in getting our money/commission and not providing the sevice.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
hi just got back on sunday from ibiza,booked direct,never had such a smooth checkin,flight etc,all on time in fact in ibiza on return we boarded early,usually go first choice but i have to say very impressed with my travel,also the meals on the plane were very good. :) mo
I normally go by My Travel and fly by them. 2007 book with Mytravel to Sharma El Sheikh flying with Thomas Cook Airline very Strange indeded.

Phone up to see why was told that my travel are not doing Birmingham to Sharma El Sheikh this year even though they are doing bookings
does anyone know if you can pre book seats for long haul in the premiair gold section, we are off to jamaica to sandals river falls in april and i would like to book to sit on the outer isle seats if we can. love to hear from anyone who may know, thanks
I've booked a Panorama holiday to Egypt over the phone with the MyTravel/Going Places call center.

To further confuse matters they are using a Thomsonfly plane. :shock:

I wasn't offered the option of booking in flight meals, and am now worried that I will be stuck on a plane for 5 hours with no meal.(I know the're not great, but they break up the flight a bit).

Does anyone know if they are included in the price with MyTravel/GoingPlaces?

The person I booked with tried to sell me all sorts of other stuff like airport parking and travel insurance, so I am assuming they are included and it wasn't an oversight on her part.
If you look on Thompsonfly site I belive that meals are included.

I have the same as I ahove booked with Panorma going from Biirmingham in June

Trigger
Thanks trigger, thats helpful info. If it was only a 2 or 3 hour flight I wouldn't be bothered, but as it's 5 I am. Cheers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.