Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
My Travel/Airtours
150 Posts
Hi everyone... our scuba diving school is going to Malta with airtours in May..one thing in the small print tho.. it says you can get 2 free places if you have 30 adults going HB...are they really free or is it added on to the cost of everyone elses holiday?
Thomas Cook and MyTravel group are to merge.

More info here at MyTravel and BBC News
For info and discussion about the merger, please click here.

David :wave
The EU have approved the merger of Thomas Cook and MyTravel.
The deal is expected to be completed by June 2007.
I've just booked a holiday to Dominican Republic in September. Upgraded to Premiair Gold. What a bargain ! Can anyone tell me the type of aircraft ? The flight numbers are MYT021/022.

Thanks in advance....
hi Steven
If you ask on this thread you'll definitely get help! Welcome to HT :D
First time I have booked online, usaully would go to travel agents.

How exactly do you get the tickets, can anyone give me an answer, so I know what to look aout for

Are they going to come by post, or will it be an E-voucher
Who have you booked with ?

Kath HT Admin
booked my holiday through airtours

all I can make out is some sort of e-vouher will be sent 28 day before
Although it was a long time ago when I booked with Airtours, I received a confirmation invoice through the post, which was then followed by tickets nearer the time of departure.

Kath HT Admin
I booked a holiday with airtours via telephone just over a week ago and have just received all the confirmation paperwork.

You get information from Going Places and information from Airtours Direct. It came in seperate envelopes. The sales consultant on the phone explained that this would happen.

I would give it 7 or 8 days from when you booked and then ring them.
I was given a booking reference number. I would imagine you should have been, then you can quote it in all further phone calls etc.
i've booked online many times - with my travel/direct etc (all part of group) you still get correspondence through post. The tickets usually come in post about 2-3 weeks before departure - we get online invoices as we usually pay the deposit and then just pay instalments online, but always get a full confirmation or any major changes through the post :)
hi dont know if this is in right place just need some information for a friend when you book your holiday and you are given a date for balance to be payed do they give you any extra time to pay or do you have to have it payed for the date they tell you she booked a holiday at going places any info would help she can only pay her balance 10 days later than was invoiced thanks :?:
I've had to pay my balance on the date set so she may have to check with her travel company or travel agent.
It will probably depend on whether she booked through a travel agent or direct. Travel agents normally look for payment a couple of weeks before it is due to be paid to the tour operator. If it is a TA, then she should speak to them.

luci :wave
hello she booked at travel agents going places they said if any payments are payed after the date there is a fee of 25.00 just wondered if it is right thanks
Well it may be that they charge a late payment fee. As they would have to pay the tour operator who doesn't want to wait for their money. This is why I never book a holiday unless we have actually saved the money up and know we can pay it.
The other problem with paying after the due date is that they can canel your holiday and then you will lose your deposit and be back to square one.

I think if any folk are going to have problem paying the balance on the due date, contact whoever you are dealing with and explain the situation. Don't just hope they don't notice.
hi thanks for your replys my friend sorted it out with going places seems they give you an extra 2 weeks after your balance date so there no extra fee only if you cancel thanks again
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.