Forum Announcements

Announcements on changes and amendments at holidaytruths forums.
First impressions very good, I like the way it is the same but very different, the colours are bright and clean and the font is very readable,now to have a look around
Guys, it looks fabulous! :D

Definitely worth all the blood, sweat, tears and lack of sleep.

I know you have a few tweaks to be made, no doubt a lot of the ones that are being pointed out. I think its great that you have so many members taking the time to help you find the bugs. Means you can get it sorted so much quicker.

I love the bright colours and the clean feel of the site and I also like that the size of the font is easier to read.

This was such a big leap for you, but if anyone can do it then its you two, I know that your friends and family are immensely proud of you both.

Keep up the good work & I can't wait to see the forum in all its glory once you have topped up your sleep reserves.
I'm noticing a few problems/quirks this morning... looks great, new and vibrant....

but...

the main page when you arrive at http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk you look at the writing and the word "bad" is hidden behind the picture so looks like "bac"

Then I looked about for the forums to mention this and easily spotted the forum link, which opened up showing only a few things. I thought maybe you haven't transfered everything over yet... then after quite some poking about realised I hadn't logged in and the "log in" bit wasn't jumping out of the page anywhere...
The same thing with the "post reply" its not a button and the text is lost under the main part of the forum... I knew it should be there somewhere, so looked a bit harder... someone arriving for the first time might just think they don't get the chance to reply ?...

*edit* just playing about on the side (as you might expect with a new toy..lol) Add a review link, quick and straight to it etc.. but at the end of the form its asking for Email and Twitter addresses, doesn't mention if this will be shown on your review ? I wouldn't want my email spammed by being shown etc

*edit2* just looked at reviews, cyprus, pernera, livas and no photos are showing, I'm sure these are all things you are aware of and addressing etc.. but just in case..

:cheers

Steve
Looks fine to me still finding my way round, had to search for reply button. Changed my favourites link to the forum page.
:rofl Well.......I made it in ok. Love the larger text :tup :duh Couldn't find reply button at first - but love the new look! Can't get the bling emoticon to work - and couldn't find review on Bopha Angkor in Cambodia/Siem Reap section. Will send large mugs of strong coffee to Chris and Phil about midday!
I think they'll need it there'll be some bleary eyes today
Morning Guys!

Thanks for all your comments :) Glad your liking the new look Holiday Truths!

Ive read all of your responses and most are around the forum, this is something we had got sorted first off but Technology/Tiredness meant we lost it :(
Im going to start by getting the forum "back" to what it should be :) Once ive done this Ill come check out the other issues and see what I can get sorted today for you.

Thanks again for all your comments.

Cheers, Phil
I dont know if its my computer but the grey text on pale blue background in the alternative posts is difficult to read as the text seems to blend into the background.
The quotes are fine as they are bolder as are the avatar names.
The text in the reply boxes is great and very easy to read.
I like the new HT but must admit I find the yellow a bit too luminous :rofl
Maybe because I havent seen the sun for weeks. :rofl
Doh!

You mean you can't read latin?!

Thanks Fiona! lol

Hi Jay,

Im tweaking the forum as we speak should get better shortly :)
Cheers,
I think Phil has just fixed that Steve, it works here anyways.
buttons are showing but the link is still suggesting I've gone to the Africa section ?

http://s12.postimage.org/ebzpxzip5/ht_oddlinking.jpg
Hi - noticed a couple of times (not every time) that when you press view new post it takes it to a web page not found and you have to click on forum again at the top - it has happened a few times

Thanks
Miss Pink wrote:
Hi - noticed a couple of times (not every time) that when you press view new post it takes it to a web page not found and you have to click on forum again at the top - it has happened a few times

Thanks

Hi Miss Pink ... are you clicking on the View New Posts link on the forums, or are you clicking on a previously saved link in your Favourites ?

If it's a saved link, you will need to update it with the new URL for that page.

David :wave
Second go at an answer( 2 of my replies have never reached the page)
Steve- its a global announcement and the Africa forum is the first one its seen on
Miss Pink- same here
Hi David no I have new favourite for the new site and as I say it's not every time but enough for me to notice - sorry
Hi Guys,

I am sorry if I miss any of your messages :(

I'll try and answer as many as poss :)
Sorry about the page not being found issues, I was trying to sort the url structure, I leave it how it is for now. So you shouldnt get these any more.

Also old urls should be redirected so any links shouldnt be lost :)
Steve, thanks mate seems there was two different issues :) Looks ok here, ok for you?

The little blue buttons are still being worked on so some text might "spill out".

Keep em coming,

Cheers, Phil
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.