Forum Announcements

Announcements on changes and amendments at holidaytruths forums.
Yes I had the old "view new posts" link saved in my favourites .. Im still using it for the moment but it now takes me to a page not found .. I'll resave the new one when I have the energy :)
Limited time today so only poped in for a quick looksee.

Love the colours and the font size gets a huge thumbs up from me, so much better than before, I can actually see it now !

I'm sure there is still a lot to do, so good luck with it P&C, Glynis and all you mods - must be like having a new toy.
Still 'Haven't got permission' to get into Forum Issues. Also had a look at Holiday Reviews on first page. The first review is for the hotel at Heathrow and speaks about long waits for service, long corridors and being charged twice. It then says 100% of 1 posters recommend the place. I hardly think so!
Still can't get into the thread under Misc about website issues? Telling me still I need permission. Also could someone put up a screen shot of what the first page of the forum should look like? My page is long and thin with big margins, the Logout is all out on its own, plus all the bits uner Last visit was: are squished together on the LHSwith no spaces between them. On the RHS Control Panel, Members etc are all under one another. Is that how it does look to others too? I'd put up what I'm seeing but have no way of doing it (or rather no idea how to ;) )

On the Blog and Contact pages I am finding the colour of the writing compared to the background very similar, and find it very difficult to read.
Similar to Madsue... the header is all over the place (includiing no text to the right of the logo) and I can't read any of the reviews as it just shows a blank box. That is in IE8.

However, all is good in Firefox.

Mark
No problems at all here with the layout or text on my computer, it's all nice and clear.
I was on the old IE7 and it was all over the place so David suggested Firefox and it's fine now :tup
Just seen the site in IE8 got a few other things to sort then ill get on to sorting that.

Cheers,
This is how it looks like for me in IE8:

[attachment=0]ScreenHT.JPG[/attachment]

Mark
firefox is fine, ie8 is not working with the new site re same as madsue and markj

I am not a great fan of the new layout either but here is hoping it grows on me. I just did a quick search for hotel reviews and there are no recent ones at all when there should be recent ones there. I am sure this will work itself out when all the IT stuff is finished.
I always use firefox anyway but thought I would be helpful and check it for other people.
MarkJ wrote:

Mark

Yup, thanks Mark I have that here. :)
Do you like the new look site?

Cheers, Phil
Your screen shot Mark was how I was seeing it in IE7 I wondered why there wasn't more members posting about it :rofl
Phil wrote:
MarkJ wrote:

Mark

Yup, thanks Mark I have that here. :)
Do you like the new look site?

Cheers, Phil

It quite obvioiusly looks different and especially the review section is a great improvement to what it was before.

Mark
this new site reminds me of the holiday watchdog. I know your connections to there so it isn't too much of a surprise to see this site moving towards a holiday watchdog feel. Just an observation
I just went to send a PM to someone and I can't find the PM facility?????????????
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.