America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Yeah defo Puddleduck

One of the lads in our work went to Claridges and had gordon ramsay cook for all his party (in a private room) - he didnt pay so he didnt know how much it cost but said it was out of this world

They stayed one night at Claridges and loved it - they took pics of everything even inside of the lift ha ha

Jo
I no I said I wouldnt keep checking out flight prices but I did today and Delta Airlines are showing at £278.00 :( :( to fly to NYC on 19th May - if anyone is looking to book I would check them out ASAP!!!
wow nicky thats a good price

its horrible when you have booked i cant stop looking myself and i know i shuoldnt - ours is ok at the min it has gone up slightly since we booked it
they took pics of everything even inside of the lift ha ha

That was me when we stayed in the Peninsula in Hong Kong. I've got a lovely picture of the loo!!! :D
Ha ha im not that bad but do go OTT with the pics

Jo
Jo - I no I cant believe how cheap that price is (if we just would of waited a few more days :( ) but hey were still goin to NYC :lol: :D

Nicky
Its always the way Nicky

its the chance u take though if u wait would it be available and that - the thing is to try and not look once u have booked but its hard aint it ha ha

*Edit. Please try not to use text message style words on the forum. Thanks. Pippy*
Hi all, new to this forum, but a regular on the Goan one.
We've just booked for New York, going on the 24th May for six nights.
Never been to the states before, so really looking forward to it now, can't wait.
After looking at this forum, and trip advisor for hotels, we finally got a deal with E bookers.
Flight with BA from Manchester, staying at the Affinia Manhattan near Madison Square Gardens.
The hotel has some great reports, so keeping fingers crossed.
We've paid £800 each, think it seems a reasonable price.
No doubt I'll be asking a few questions before we go.

Starting with what sort of clothes are needed in May?
So used to going to Goa for years and just packing shorts and tee shirts.

Barry and Lesley
Welcome to America Barry and Lesley! :wave
Pippy :)
Hi Barry and Lesley, we went last May (around the 10th I think) and upon advice from TA, took clothes we could layer, just incase.
A couple of mornings we were up early and it was a little chilly but it soon got warmer and the day we left it was really hot. It did rain one evening (it was fine when we left for dinner but by the time we came out of the hotel it was pouring down but on the whole we were very luycky with the weather,
No-one seems to wear shorts in NYC, I just wore skirts/cargo pants during the day and a t-shirt and cardigan I could take off and shove in the bag. Main thing is don't take too much, so you can buy (and wear) your new stuff!
We flew from Manchester too but with Continental.

Hope that helps, any more questions just fire away.
WOW :) I can't believe it's only 5 weeks until NYC!! It has come round really quickly - this time in 5 weeks I will be sitting on the plane reading my NYC guide book :D ...

Jo - you must only have a week or two to go??? Have you decided what you want to do and were you want to visit??
Hi Nicky

Go a week on Saturday :)

Im getting proper hyper - im nearly 5 months preggers now and havent really thought about the hol that much with the baby stuff - we have found out we having a boy and we are guna go mental

Have u seen the little ralph lauren stuff its soooo cute

will need to get a loan to pay off the debt when we get back

Have only booked a couple of things - we have got empire state tickets, booked the maze restaurant (gordon ramsays) for hubby's bfday

just guna take it one step at a time when we get there - defo doing the hop on hop off bus the first full day we are there - and jot down where we wana go from there

Jo
Hi Jo

Congratulations on the baby and enjoy New York.

Can I ask that you do no post in phone style text, eg guna instead of going to, u instead of you, etc?

Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers that do not recognise this type of text.

luci :wave
Congratulation Jo....how exciting :) - I've just become and Auntie for the 1st time (Hollie is 10 weeks old) and I know I am going to be buying her all kinds. I went to London in Feb and seel all the deisgner baby stuff in Harrods but I knew it would be cheaper in NYC ;) I can't wait.

Can't wait to read your trip report, have a FAB time..

Nicky
** Edit to remove post with phone style text words. See my post above. luci HT Mod
Rules Of Posting:

2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.
Dont forget on your itinerary to visit the Top of the rock, a lot better views than the empire state building and hardly any queues, all open air with no screens!
Oppps sorry I cant help using text its habit I do apologise :duh

Cant wait to get there now - Saturday cannot come quick enough

Top of the Rock is on the Agenda - probably the day we get there - dependant on the weather

will report when I return a week on Monday

Bye for now

Jo x
Nickyjl- when you go to NY be sure and have a look at the American Girl Store for gifts for your niece. It is at 609 Fifth Ave, at 49th Street. Enjoy. You can spend hours in there though.. :D
Emdia43 - oohh thanks for that tip - will make sure I check out that store...any other ides keep them coming!!! 3 weeks tomorrow :D :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.