America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Yeah it's my last day in work today and then we fly to NYC on Monday morning woo hooo :D .....

Thanks for all your wonderful ideas, i'll do a trip report on my return!!!

Nicky
Have a boss time Nicky

Report when you get back

Jo
I'm back :cry had a FANTSTIC time, can't believe how quick the week went, spent spent spent - flight on time going out (we flew Continental) and they had seat back TVs and we arrived 50 mins early, coming home was delayed 45 mins but made that up in the air - no seat back TVs on return journey. We stayed at the Best Western Hospitality House, which was a 2 bedroom apartment on 145 E and 49th St..

quick list of things that we did:

Top of The Rock
Brooklyn Bridge - FAB (one of the highlights of the trip) - we timed this so the sun was setting walking back to Manhattan
Ellens Stardust Diner
The Today Show were filming at the Rockefeller Plaza and Fergie was singing live so we went to have a look and got given VIP passes
Woodbury Common
Drinks in Greenwich Village
Drinks at 230 Fifth Avenue
Central Park (had a coffee in Tavern on the Green)
Strawberry Fields
Dakota Building
Sunday Mass at St Pats Cathedral
Grand Central Station
Staten Island Ferry
Shopping Shopping Shopping and more Shopping - Soho (Ugg store) and loads of other funky shops, Canal St, 5th Ave, Century 21, Macys, Blommingdales, etc etc etc.....
There was a market running up/down 7th Ave

Any questions, fire away....

Nicky
Hi Nicky

Did you have a good time

Its brill isnt it

Did you manage to get round everything you wanted to do

Jo
Hi Jo

We had a lovely time, done most of what we wanted to do (apart from see a show) not enough hours in the day lol....Have to start looking for a summer holiday now for Sept :cheers

Nicky
Yeah Nicky we will miss our September holiday this year with the baby coming in August so will be costa back garden for us this year

already looking to book for Next Year though - is weird lookin for a baby pool instead of is it near the nightlife ha ha :sun2

Jo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.