Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Re: Onur Air ..
760 Posts
Winter flights 2009-2010 have gone on sale today, not very cheap though

Dave
Onur couldn't be that bad - just booked with them again this year for annual trip to Turkey/Antalya

Could it be anything to do with the fact that the return flights are over £150pp cheaper than their competitiors........
Hi there..I've never flown with Onur air before but i just read somewhere that a buggy counts as excess baggage.Every other airline i've flown with allow you to take a buggy for free if you have an infant..i appreciate no actual baggage allowance for the baby but now i'm worried i'm going to be stung with a charge for taking a pushchair! Does anyone know what the policy is for definite?I'm flying Cardiff 2 Bodrum on 21st June...thanks :think
Reading Agean Flights information they are saying that baby buggies are not included n the flight price, so by sounds of it you may be charged extra for this. Which is abit tight. How have you booked have you booked flight seperatly with Agean flights or was it part of a package deal with the likes of Holidays4u or Scot Travel.

Steve
Yeah steve,thats the same info i read and thats why i'm worried...my hols are booked with imperial travel but i think they are an agent for hotels 4 u.....maybe i'll give m a ring and see what i can find out..
We are flying with Onurair this summer,we booked our flights with aegenflights,we wondered the same as we have a baby flying with us this year and are taking the buggy,so we phoned up last week to ask as was told we dont have to pay extra.
Thanks for that...i did think it seemed a bit tight!
Can anyone tell me the aircraft which will operate the Glasgow/Dalaman flight in July OHY630/629? Just asking as a matter of interest, having read some of the previous posts!!
kimi,

It Will Most Probably Be Operated By An Airbus A321 or An Airbus A300B4-605R

Gower
Good value for money airline and totally reliable. Take your own food on board and Ipod, Book or Magazine as there is no in flight entertainment. Snack/Drinks are cheap by airline standards
Gower - Thanks
Does anyone know if you can pre-purchase extra baggage with this airline?
kimi,

It May Be Worth Contacting Your Tour Operator/Travel Agent To See If You Can Pre-Book Extra Baggage

Gower
Gower,
I have been advised by the travel agent that it isn't possible to purchase extra baggage but just wanted to check and see if anyone else had managed to do so! Looks like I will need to manage with the 20kg hold and 5kg hand baggage allowance!!
Thanks
Kimi
kimi,

You don't say when you are travelling, but your flights are operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R at peak times (school hols) and an Airbus A321-200 at other times. You can't pre-book extra luggage allowance as you've already established as they are a chartered operator. You'll be liable for excess baggage charges if you exceed your limits; 8 euro per kg last time I looked. You'll find further aircraft details over on the What Aircraft? thread.

Darren
Dazbo
Thanks for all your info - I'm flying on 6th July so guess it will be the Airbus A300. I'll have a look on the other thread for the aircraft details.
Have just been advised that there has been a change to our flight - We are now travelling on BD8515/BD8516 instead. Am I right in thinking this is a British Midland flight now and not Onur Air?
kimi,

That's correct - BD is the flight prefix for bmi (British Midland). Refer to our bmi and What Aircraft? threads for more details.

Darren

PS you've had a stroke of luck there!!
Dazbo
:D Having read previous posts about them, I tend to agree. The flight times have changed by a few hours, but to our advantage, so I'm well pleased.
Morning everyone.
My family and i were due to fly to Dalaman 10th August for 2 weeks with Onur Air, But i recieved an e-mail yesterday informing me that the flight has been changed. We are now due to fly with British Midland (BD) same day, but a lot earlier, 7am instead of 8pm. the return flight is again with BD, about 7 hours later than the original(Half past midnight,on the 25th). flight nos: BD8317 & BD8312. I am actually quite pleased with the outbound flight as it means we get an extra half day's holiday. The return is just a minor inconvenience as far as i'm concerned. The question on my mind is,
If, (God Forbid) Onur air were to collapse before our holiday, would our flight still be honoured as we are now flying with another airline?. Also are we now eligible to check in online with BD before we leave for the airport. Any other info ie: plain type would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks. Snapper
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.