Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Re: Onur Air ..
760 Posts
Thanks for you reply Darren. We booked with Travel Republic (Flight Only). I understand what you are saying about the airline being chartered by the tour company now.
Thanks again
god forbidd ANY Company should go bust :cry :que
not just the one you mention .
I would not worry if I was you. It could happen to any firm at any time. Nothing in life is set in stone, ( WELL APART FROM GRAVESTONE ),.. :que
freedom direct have gone bust.. a friend of the wife's is going to antalya on tuesday with them.not anymore. lucky enough they are atol & abta so she is still able to travel .which is very good news.
For more info and discussion on the collapse of Freedom Direct, please click here.

David :wave
Hi,
I have booked flights via Travel Republic in August for Turkey. I have recently been notified of a flight change but only on the outward journey. We were going on TOM7097 but it's now BD7659. I just wondered why? and why is our return flight unchanged OHY363? The times are better i'm just curious.

Thanks
ccygirl,

Welcome onboard :tup
They've chartered another airline or put you on a flight that is better for your schedule (and probably cheaper!). Travel Republic have changed loads of flights recently from OHY to BD and vice versa.

Darren
Afternoon All,

After just having booked a holiday with ONUR for the first time, I was having a 'snoop around'.

Found this link to the food available on the flights http://www.onurair.com.tr/onurair/ikram.pdf.

I'm hoping this is current but not sure if it applies to Charter, Scheduled or both ?

John
yes i think that is the current one but remember the flights all start in turkey so the uk to turkey is always the second leg :sun2
Darren

Any idea which type of plane will operate on OHY4498/4497 MAn/BJV for 10th/24th August yet ?

Thanks

John
john123,

MAN-BJV-MAN (OHY4498/7) are operated by an Airbus A321-200 normally.

Darren
Sounds like a long shot according to what i've heard about Onur air so far but my health visitor said to ask if they do 'sky cots' so the baby can sleep on the flight...does anyone know if they have them and if so how i get one ? thanks :sun2
You could try dropping them an e-mail, probably best to include your flight numbers and dates.

info@onurair.com.tr

John
rachael1977,

They don't offer the facilities for sky cots as far as I know. You could try emailing as john123 suggests, but I wouldn't hold your breath for an answer! I've tried several times to contact them via email and have received confirmation to say they've received my email let alone anything else.

Darren
Just checking for someone, are Onur chartering some of there flights out to BMI from Bournemouth to Dalaman.

Steve
Not sure but have read several posts where Onur Air flights now change to British Midland.
salford_steve,

Onur Air are chartered by tour operators to operate flights on their behalf, so are bmi (seperate from their scheduled operations). It's the tour operator that decides who they charter, not the airline.

Darren
Hi Dazbo.

Tharts what I suspected, as Onur were getting a bad name for chaning them. I said that it probably wasnt onur makeing the change but who ever they booked with.

Steve
Last Sept. my daughter booked a flight and hotel deal with "On The Beach" for herself and two children to Ichmeler departing Glasgow on the 11th June. The flight details were as follows
Dept Glasgow on OHY437 at 20.45 Arr. Dalaman at 02.55
Dept Dalaman on 25/6 at 16.35 on OHY436 Arr. Glasgow 16.35
We cant find any of the big companies using this flight and there is now no such flt.no. listed on the "On The Beach" web site now. With the current climate, she's getting a bit concerned, especially as the tickets wont be sent out until 7-10 days before departure. Can Darren or anyone else shed some light on this ? Alan
Hi Alan .. the most common explanation in situations such as this is that the flights are now fully booked and so would no longer appear on availability systems. However, I am sure that one of the aviation experts will be able to check out those flight numbers for you and hopefully confirm that is the situation in this case.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.