Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Re: Onur Air ..
760 Posts
HELLO Off to dalaman on the 13th, goldtrail emailed tickets, it says baggage allowance ,does anyone know if this is including hand luggage with Onur or just hold luggage, Cannot find contact phone numbers, cheers maxie :fly :fly
maxie,

What Allowance Have They Given You?, It Works Differently With Different Travel Agents

Gower
hi Gowerl7,20kgs says on ticket, emailed ticket
can you fly with onur on your own at the age of 16?
Hi

I've just joined this forum. Like others I booked and then found loads of rotten reviews for Onur air. I wonder if someone could allay some of my concerns? my flight no is OHY2612 from LBA to Bodrum - does anyone know what kind of plane it will be? Also I am travelling as 2 adults 2 kids - have read they split you up from your children - surely that can't be true? Any info greatly appreciated

Rachael :-)
Hi Rachael

Welcome to HT :wave

Flew with Onur for the first time last month - no problems whatsover.
There were 8 of us in the party and we got 3,3 and 2 seats all together, Obviously 4 of you cannot sit next to each other - most likely 3 seats together and the one across the aisle.
It's the handling agents who allocate the seats at check in so not really down to Onur.

Coming back was quite amusing in the way they allocate the seats. basically a plan of the plane with stickers on, peel off the sticker and put it on your boarding card :)

Beware of the prices in Bodrum airport - absolutely sky high !

Probably be an Airbus A321 but one of the experts will be along to confirm that I guess.......

John
Thank you John, that's v reassuring.

One other question is that on our flight ticket is says baggage 20KGs - I thought that meant in total - asked the Travel agent - they say it is each/per person, hoping we're not going to arrive and not be allowed my 2 cases. Is it a standard 20kgs per person rather than in total - other airlines seem to be much more precise about explaining that, and I like to be very clear on this kind of thing :)
Feel better about the flight read some positive stuff in here too. Can't wait to get there now.

Regards
Rachael
It's 20kg per person.
As a group, we had 8 cases between us and some were a couple of kilo's over and some under. This didn't cause us a problem at Manchester or Bodrum.
At Bodrum, they have a running total of the weight on display for your party - 159.2kg - less than a bag of sugar under our combined limit.
We also had hand luggage which was limited to 5kg but never checked.

John
rle,

Welcome onboard :tup
As John123 mentions, your flights are operated by an Airbus A321-200. You'll find further aircraft details on our What Aircraft? guide. Most passengers will be seated together. However, due to the nature of aircraft configurations, it's not always possibleto seat everyone together. If you arrive at the airport late or are amungst the last to check-in, there is a risk of being split up as you get whatever seats are left. This isn't unique to Onur Air and I'm sure they'll do their best to ensure your party is seated together.

Darren
Antalya via Bodrum to Gatwick

Just noticed that Onur Air are operating a service as above.Don't know if this will last all winter and don't know who the agent is.Maybe of some use to members.

Ian
Hi, new to the board.

Just booked a good deal to Turkey for me and the family and recently found out we are flying with Onur Airlines which I'm led to believe is a Charter company based in Turkey? My point is this,having not flown with this airline before I am now a wee bit concerned about the age of the Onur fleet. It seems some of the aircraft are 14 years old (A 321 type) ?

Is it normal to allow aircraft to be this old without having to renew its fleet, ?

Can anyone who has recently flown with Onur put my mind at ease please.

Thanks.
Rotterdam,

Onur Air are an established airline based in Turkey that operate scheduled domestic services as well as international charters. The A321 fleet is moderately aged with most originally delivered between 1996-99 (OHY's average A321 fleet age is 12.4 years), it's the A300 fleet that's getting on a bit (average 15.9 years). Having said that, the aircraft are maintained to high standards and meet CAA (as well as others) requirements for operations in europe so it's nothing to worry about. There are airlines operating far older fleets than that, and safely. Aircraft aren't like cars, they are maintained to far greater standards and are almost like new following a D-check when the aircraft is pretty much dismantled, gone over with a fine toothcombe and rebuilt. The oldest aircraft I've been on first flew in 1934 and it was a delight! I wouldn't worry about the age of the airframe. You'll find lots of opinion about the airline on this thread as well as general aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below).

Darren
Thats good reasurring news,thank you. Not sure which aircraft type we are on but we fly out of Humberside on a thursday departing at 21-00pm at the end of July ?

How often does an aircraft get this 'D' check, or should I go to the 'which aircraft' site and ask on there perhaps ?

:que
Rotterdam,

Your flights are operated by an Airbus A321-200. Aircraft maintanance is a complex topic with A, B, C and D checks carried out at regular intervals depending on age and use of the aircraft, and to manufacturer specifications. Heavy maintanance D checks (there are several levels of checks under the heading depending on age) are carried out ever 5 years or so. There's plenty of general information on aircraft maintenance on Wikipedia.

Darren
Hi

Does anyone know the dimensions of baggage allowance for Onur Air? I have just had delivered a 20"case which I thought would be fine for hand luggage but thinking it may be a little big now.

Steve
Hand baggage allowance is 5 kg max size 45x35x20 cm

wizard
Oh my case is to big then, luckilly it was only cheap. Those limits seem abit tight compared to other airlines.

Steve
txt297l,

Is OHY2598 MAN-Bodrum? If so, it'll be an Airbus A321-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below).

Darren
Onur Air are expected to add 3x Airbus A330-300's to their fleet, 2 in April and one in June ready for the summer season to replace their aging Airbus A300B4-605R's. They will be in a single class 350 seat configuration.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.