Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Re: Onur Air ..
760 Posts
gramps,

It's because it's a charter flight. Only the company who has chartered the flight or approved by them can sell tickets for the flight. As David mentions, if the flight is full, it'll be pulled from the system. OHY437/6 was operated by TC-OAI (Aibus A321-200) on Monday 11th May.

Darren
miller,

Refer to my post to gramps above, it's because it's a charter flight and not all flights show on timetables. I can't see details of it on the systems I have access to but it might not have started yet. It's through Goldtrail isn't it? It's still available on their system and I'm sure you'll be informed if there are any changes.

Darren
Thanks Darren, looking at my daughters email from "On The Beach,wouls seem that the flight segment of her holiday is being supplied by someone called Custom Flights, who I've never heard of. She'll just have to keep her fingers crossed that everything is OK
As much as I hate on the beach as a company. It's probably because the flight is now full or On the beach have sold all the seats they had for the flight hence why it is not showing up for sale anymore.

Steve
Sorry for some reason I hadnt seen that the question has been replied to. Been a long day forgive me

Steve
I noticed on the previous page that there was a link to the 'current' pricing from Onur for food and drinks. I am not sure this is too accurate as this list states hot drinks as 3YTL (about £1.25) yet a cup of hot water and a sachet of coffee/tea bag cost us £2.70 each when we flew with them last week for the first time. We also had a muffin (also 3YTL on the Onur list) which was inedible and also £2.70. Maybe 3YTL is correct and Onur have a very unique exchange rate! The flight was good for a no frills airline and I would travel with them again if the price was right. I'd just make sure I took my own snacks with me next time and bought drinks airside at the airport.
cazzholly,

I think that list is for their schedule operations rather than charter and the prices reflect it!

Darren
Ah ha, that would make perfect sense then!
Darn it :(

Thought the prices were cheap !

Probably trying to catch up with the airport prices..........

John
heared onur will no longer fly from cardiff to dalaman in summer 2010 can anyone confirm this as when they release flights i ll look at bristol instead. booked this year form cardiff then ended up being cancelled so woundering if anyone has any info thanks
becci,

It's not Onur Air themselves, it's whoever charters them (tour company).

Darren
thanks for the quick reply ive asked aegean and they re not sure yet, they told me to look on the website, but info not there yet. thanks again dazbo, maybe goldtrail will keep their route from cardiff, first choice used to use onur from cardiff but dont think they ve used the cardiff route for a while
Becci,
First choice now use Thomson to Dalaman from Cardiff, as they are all one company. This year there's 2 flights operated by Thomson on a Mon and Thurs.
Thomas Cook fly to Dalaman twice on a Monday
And Onur Air once on a Sunday.
They massively reduced their program this year because holidays4u and goldtrail couldnt agree contracts with Onur Air due to Onur air putting their charter charges up. Goldtrail now use SAGA Airlines on their Bodrum route instead of Onur Air who have previsouly operated for them over the past few years.
Just booked a holiday to Turkey via Travel Republic, and it looks like Onur Air is the airline from Edinburgh to Dalaman. Does anyone know what the luggage allowance is for this airline? I have never flown with them before, but have no expectations as we got the flights so cheap!
ElleDee,

Luggage allowance will be printed on your tickets, but I beleive the charters this year are 15kg hold and 5kg hand allowance. Be careful how you interpret things as they are quoing 20kg luggage allowance, but this is normally inclusive of hand luggage.

Darren

PS You found the thread!!
You had me in a flap for a minute there Darren.

We are flying to Bodrum out of Manchester with Onur - Sunwings/Wings Abroad charter flight as part of a package.

Just phoned them and they have confirmed 20kg hold and 5kg hand - good job with what TBH packs!

One point worth noting - they don't take buggies/pushchairs for free - they count as part of your luggage allowance. This is the case for a 3 year old, unsure about an infant.

John.
We flew with Onurair last week,luggage allowance is 20 kilos hold,plus 5 kilos hand luggage for this year.We also had a 10 month old baby with us and there was no charge for buggy.
we booked with A1 travel for 2010 and got an onur air flight with 20kg and 5kg hold, when i looked at the contract they had booked it through Holidays4u
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.