Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Re: Onur Air ..
760 Posts
Flying with onur air June 29th EDI to DLM returning DLM to EDI July 6th. Rubbish flight going out but good flight coming home. Fingers crossed for a nice new plane!

I just hope they don't fly their planes the way they drive their cars in Turkey :cheers
does anyone know how much Onur air charge to increase hold baggage from 15kg to 20kg???
greenshoes,if your flight is booked through aegeanflights or H4U,foOr onurair its an extra £20 each way for the extra 5kgs.I have just received an email today to say our outgoing flight with onurair has now been changed to pegasus,so no new plane for us :(
Think yourself lucky its pegasus (also they have a 25kg luggage allowance) and not half the problems Onur have had in the past. Id walk to turkey first before using OHY.
Ive no complaints with onurair,Ive flown with them for the last couple of years and also have flights with them for September,I just hope that those flights are not transfered and the times changed again.
New aircraft ? That is interesting as we have been moved to an earlier flight now (Thursday 6-00pm)to accommodate an extra passenger. We where told Onur have now got 2 extra flights into Dalaman from Humberside,Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Are we on the same A321 type of Aircaft I wonder ?

:que
Rotterdam,

Your flight should still be on the Airbus A321

Gower
Hi First time poster from Eire - Onur Air has a charter flight Dublin to Antalya, which I booked... OHY750/749.
What plane can I expect ? Travel agency couldn't tell me whether I could buy additional luggage allowance on top of the 15 kgs. Told me to check at check in- an answer that left me in tears :cry . Can anyone help to answer this question before I arrive to the airport ? Also what about our Bugaboo buggy (2 parts), will they carry it for free (like any other airline). Thanks a mill
Hi Happy-Harry We flew with Oniar 2 years ago to Dalaman we were allowed 20g of luggage it was part of our deal. So i think
you should be able to buy more. I would of thought your travel agent would sort this out for you. We use CO-OP travel.We
have been lucky enough they sort things out for us.Hope this helps you .
Happy_harry,

Welcome onboard :tup
Your flights are operated by an Airbus A321-200 normally. You'll find further aircraft information on our What aircraft? guide (link below). Checking to see if you can purchase extra luggage allowance at check-in isn't very useful is it! If you did that, you'll be charged excess baggage at £8 per kg, far more expensive than pre-purchasing extra allowance. You can purchase extra allowance if you book flights through their agents yourself, however since you've booked through a travel agent, they'll have to arrange it for you. Your buggy will be carried free and loaded on to the aircraft at the boarding gate.

Darren
If the tour operator is Goldtrail then yes you can purchase a 20kg allowance but your agent has to do it.

I'm not sure if they do the Dublin flights but the tour operator has charted the flight might of only chartered it with everybody having a 15kg allowance as a bog standard flight.

I would get onto your agent though and ask how you can do because at check in it will cost you lots more.

Thanks
Ive booked my flight with aegeanflights,flying with onurair.I booked it last year to fly this June,when I booked there was no charge for baby buggies,but recently they have changed this in there baggage information and are now charging for them as excess baggage!!
Thanks for your help.. I asked my wife to call the travel agents again as I just couldn't set myself to call them again. The flight is chartered by a local Dublin travel agency. The buggy apparently comes free and I did ask whether I could pre-book additional luggage and as I said the answer was - No you can't you, but try at the check in. It will be a matter of arriving early, checking in and if they want to charge extortionate amounts for the excess luggage, I will just put it back in the car and then park the car in the long term after the check in.

In this type of plane any seats to avoid ( I am 6'2 with long legs) ? Normally I would get an exit seat but as my lovely daughter joins us, that won't be possible.
Happy_harry,

The seating is pretty much standard throughout the aircraft. No one seat gives any advantage or disadvantage other than the extra legroom seats. Seating is always personal preference.

Darren
Re post from Crispy regarding charge for baby buggy. We also booked with Aegean to fly with Onur. We booked early within hours of the flights going on sale last June. I think, or at least I hope, that it is only bookings from March 2010 onwards that will be charged for buggies. We also got the free luggage allowance by booking early.

I actually have kept an email from Aegean which says we can take a buggy on free of charge.
Thanks morph,We also booked just hours after they went on sale.Phoned them today and they said to email them and they would reply to say our buggy would be free,and to print a copy of the email so there would be no problem.
How do you get extra legroom seats with Onur Air. Apparently they are not pre bookable is it just first come first served at check in. I am 6' 2 and get really cramped so always try and book extra leg room where possible.

Steve
Steve,

Aegean's website gives the following information:

Pre booking seats on the aircraft.

Sorry, I've had to remove the pasted information for copyright reasons. Please refer to Aegeans Website. Dazbo HT Mod

Hope that this helps.
Thanks for that. We are booked with Travel Republic who booked it with H4U after the custom flight downfall.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.