Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
dely Please do not post in phone text style or your posts may be deleted. Thanks.
glynis what do you mean i dont understand?
  • Edited by dely 2005-05-28 19:54:07
Dely

Glynis means using u instead of you and gud instead of good, for example. This is not allowed as per the Terms and Conditions of the site.

luci - HT Mod
lucis and glynis i am sorry for any convience i have caused i will changed what i have wrote. xxx
Hi,

Staying at Palm Garden Apartments in August '05. Would appreciate some reviews/photos, if anyone has them :?: Also, does anyone know the location of the Apartments in Icmeler :?:

Cheers :!:
Just received a PM from Redrhino with some great information, read on.............

Laurence you are in for a fantastic holiday,the aparts are pristine and spotlessly clean.My first thought as I walked through the double gates and saw this 3 storrey building facing me was "Impressive".
Most rooms face the pool and mountains, cater for 4 people have aircon,toaster, the bathroom has a shower and half bath.
balconies have patio furniture.
A large kidney shaped pool 1.25mtrs to 1.50mtrs is surrounded by a huge sunbathing area with lots of sunbeds and brollies also giant scatter cushions.
A big double slide serves this pool and during opening hours is suopervised by staff,10am-12am and 3.00pm-5.00pm
There is also a seperate round pool for the toddlers.
To one side of the apartments is a lage covered bar area with the reception area attached,the bar serves reasonably priced drinks and meals.
The bar has plenty of tables and chairs and also a pool table but charges 5ytl for an hour,a bit mean I thought as most pool tables round the resort are free.

A fantastic time guaranteed and I do think you will have an unforgetable holiday.
Gene
hi thanks for the info on palm gardens as i am going in 7 weeks is their any chance that you could obtain any pictures and a precise location
many thanks :lol:
Laurance all of that information sounds great. i cant wait only 4 weeks until i go away i will take plenty of photo's for all you guys. if any one finds out any more information can they inform me please thanks very much xxx
Sounds great dosen't it dely. Can't wait for your review.
Laurence
Hi every one just got back from two weeks at Palm Gardens. Located at the top of the road that Amigo bar chmpagne bar are on.The bridge that has Baron bar near it, these apartments are tucked around the corner from the bridge , so the location is tranquil but one minute from one of the main strips.We had a great two weeks, pool large kidney shaped, two water slides, separate kiddy pool. it is cleaned and hosed down daily.Apartments are compact, but are tidy. Air con is an extra £25 per week, safety deposit box £10 per week, late check out £20, pool table is 7.5lire per hour.Drinks and food are well priced. In fact the food is excellent.We attended two barbeques and the food was the best i have had at any acomodation I have stayed in, in Icemeler.(we have stayed in some 4 and 4+ hotels)Some finishing touches are still in progress(lighting around pool installed on sat 4th) Rear of hotel still a bit rough and ready.The bean bags around the pool are really cool!! One criticism is the cleaning service of apartments is a bit hit and miss. There was also no patio or balcony furniture. We had to use table and chairs from kitchen.No lifts. No tvs in rooms. some of this will probably be rectified over the comming weeks, who needs a tv on hols anyway! The only real crit is the format the spare beds take in the living area, armchairs that collapse into flat beds, these were awful! Having two kids 9 and 14 they were not really suitable.They kept collapsing. The location is beautiful and the view of the mountains at night is magic. It is a 5min walk to the beach . 1 min to a bar.and shops.The staff couldnt have been more helpful. We would definately go back having consulted the kids on the chair beds(they were a laugh) The non slip tiles around the pool are very slippy! Hope this helps.
Andrea Mary
thanks for that review andremary, seems like you had a good time we go on the 27th so may be some of the little things will be sorted.
were the safes in the room ?
was there hangers provided and was there much wardrobe space?
was ther plenty of sunbeds?
where did you change your money??
was the reception exchange rate nearly as good as the town?
looking forward to going
thankyou so much for your review i am going in august with my two children and family and their friends.sounds really good .do you know is there is a internet cafe near by and what other activities are there for children [13 to 18]
Hi shirley and jack
There is a safe in the apartment in the bedroom wardrobe, its £10 per week, there are hangers but not many, I took loads and left most of them in there, there is a double wardrobe in the bedroom, and a single one in the living area, single draw bedside tables, single draw unit in living area.there is an internet cafe close by, carry on past baron restaurant on the right and its on a lower level to the pavement near a barbers(hope that makes sense) there were no organised animation or activities, music was played from the bar, a dive school visits and offers a free dive in the pool, the pool slides keep younger ones more than happy.Forgot to mention the tortoises that live in the hillsides these kept my husband and 10 year old happy for a couple of hours. Most people we met there are planning to go back-no better review than that.We love Icmeler so much we are going back in 11 weeks, but could not get in to palm gardens, they are fully booked until mid sept begining oct.
Hope you all have a wonderful time, the weather from 31st may was brill, and will get better and better. Have a g&t for me . Any other questions just ask!
Andrea mary :glynis :glynis
forgot to mention sun beds, when the apartments are fully occupied there is a shortage, one day we would have liked to have stayed by pool but had to go to beach(boo hoo) :D there was a bit of the old plonk your towel down to book your seat, which is fine if your an early riser but us lazy bones dont get up till 10.30am. :oops:
Andrea :D
hi ya andreamary what is the staff like in the apartments. how far from the canal is palm garden. What is it near? love adele xxx
Post deleted phone text Briar
have you any photos of apartments that you could send so i could see as we go in 6 weeks
many thanks
Hi,
Just returned from icmeler on tuesday morning,We were in club petunya[dont go there] However the good news is my daughter was in the palm gardens which was absolutely fantastic,We spent every day at palm gardens as it has a really good pool with a water slide and a water flume,It had a few teething problems mostly related to the kitchens [It only opened on 16th May] But they are all sorted now,The rooms are really good and big they had the usual kettle,two ring hob,and a toaster,The bathroom in my daughters room was massive with a shower and a bath,The pool is about 5ft 4 at its deepest which i loved as i am no mark spitz when it comes to swimming,And a fair size kids pool,Everybody will love it ,Anybody going to palm gardens please say hello to rambo,and baz from the gang from motherwell especially dylan.
PS.If you can tell me how to post pictures i will post a couple.
The palm gardens are at the top of the road that runs down the mountain side on the extreme right of the resort.This road has Champagne bar on it as well as Mirage, Amigos, Waterfall bar and restaurant. The top of the road dog legs to the left and the oylum? hotel is on the right , before you cross the bridge by Baron restaurant.We have loads of pics on the digital camera my husband will put some on for you at the weekend.(because im rubbish)Canal area is a 10 min walk. Beach is a straight line down and takes 5 mins. The beauty of this complex is that it is central but in a residential setting facing the rear of icmeler and the mountains. We didnt get to know the staff as much as some of the guests as we were visiting friends out there and spent much time away from the complex. But they were as most turkish people are friendly, happy to see you and will do anything to help.
Andrea :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.