Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
phoning home
87 Posts
landlady I usually buy a phonecard from Andy's in the indoor market, cost is 6 euros and get plenty of talktime particularly if ringing a landline. You can use them on the phones on the streets with the blue canopies and we find the best phones are the ones just outside the Presidente hotel. John
You can also use them in some of the hotels and you get a lot more minutes.

Sue :)
Sue I have heard this before but never found a hotel phone that doesn't require prepayment, can you let us know which hotels you have used the cards in please. John
It used to work in the Sol Pelicanos but not tried it there for a year or so, you just type in the pin and access number as normal but you get around 250 mins for your €6 don't know if it still works but one that definitely does is actually outside but linked to the hotel, it's the one right outside the Dynastic I found that one by accident but it's ideal because you don't actually have to go in to the hotel to use it.
One hotel that it doesn't work in is the Regente, we were there in May/June.
It also used to work at the phone box outside the Flamingo Oasis too which is also linked to the hotel so you get the extra minutes but don't ever use that one with €1 coins as it eats your money.

It's all trial and error really, have a look ar earlier threads, I think that there's something about it somewhere.

P.S For anyone not familiar with phone boxes in Spain, always make sure that if you are puttinG coins in that the flap at the bottom of the box is closed beforehand, otherwise you are sure to lose your money and then some low life will come along and retrieve it. They go around opening the flaps on purpose so that this happens and then go along later and flip the flap up and down to get your money back. BEWARE!!!

Sue :)
thanks a lot for your help i will be getting a card from andys
We buy our cards from the we internet shop and phone place in between the pelicanos and the rosaire hotel .You pay 6 euros and get 300 minutes and you can use them in the ambassador hotel and presidente hotel .As sue said put in your pin and follow instructions if the operator tells you you have like 100 minutes put fone down i use them all the time with ho problems . cheers mazza
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.