Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Thanks June.

When I looked at the brochure I immediately thought -oh good theres a Glasgow flight. Then I saw the asterisk. We cant get an Edinburgh flight now and the Glasgow one is flying into Bourgas. Wouldnt want to do that long transfer. So we miss out on Golden Sands!!! I wonder why theres no Edinburgh or Glasgow flight anymore into Varna. It was a very popular holiday destination.
been like that for a few years now thats why we fly from Newcastle have been for years now june
they re doing golden sands and Albena no favours in cutting the flights into Varna, I dont want to go to Sunny Beach, and Im sure Im not alone, why is it that its only Balkan that now fly inro Varna
Same here lal don't fancy SB was down last year for a day & never thought much of it.

2002 was first time in Bulgaria flew from Prestwick brilliant for me as I stay 15 mins away
2003 booked Prestwick - Varna flght cancelled got bussed to Manchester.
2004 Glasgow - Varna
2005 Glasgow - Varna
2006 Glasgow - Varna flight changed to sun nstead of friday
2007 Glasgow - Varna
2008 Glasgow - Varna changed to Bourgas
2009 Newcastle - Varna

Balken are the pits.

Be glad not to go with them this year we are going to Turkey 2 weeks sc family of 4 £1199
Much cheaper to get to than Bulgaria for some reason :que
we love bulgaria,sunny beach was ok for a day, we always go to golden sands,but get out to the villages
hope you have a great holiday in Turkey Stephen Will miss you all this year in G/S June :que :que June
Like DOA we are going to Turkey and spending 3 weeks there this summer. Would just love to fly from Edinburgh or even Glasgow into Varna and would have no hesitation in booking (even with Balkan) as our family love Golden Sands. Unfortunately dont feel as enthusiastic about Sunny Beach altho I am not saying we would never return to SB.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.