Forum Announcements

Announcements on changes and amendments at holidaytruths forums.
and from me and mine happy new yea
Margare(madmum) :cheers :ghug
And Happy New Year to Everyone too!!

Do you know, Fiona, it hadn't even occurred to me that the winner wouldn't be announced!!!! Apart from the big lottery wins, I always thought that winners of competitions had their names published!!!
Sue
I didnt say they might not be announced. I replied to Tarry saying they might not post. "They" meaning the winner.
I read it wrong Fiona :) I read it as "will the winner be posted"!!

I'm excited to think the winner could be a regular poster in the review section....although I know it's not me :cheers
in order that we can all now get closure on this can we please get an update on the winner.
Phil/Chris
i am not trying to be difficult or cause you problems as i think your initiative with the ipod was a great idea, and i hope you have a few more ideas on a similar line to try and get HT back to where it should be as the best independant review site on the web.
the longer this drags on the worse it appears to be to those who have uncharitable views of this site.
it is no secret that some ex members of this site are taking delight in the fact that you do not seem to be able to organise a simple raffle and this is damaging to the integrity of HT.
i am reluctant to post on this thread as Chris made it clear that he did not welcome any further input from me regarding this matter, but if you do not reply to PMs then you do yourselves no favours.
like many of the "old hands" on HT i want this site to prosper and get back to where it once was but i feel that you are taking any criticism as a personal attack where this is just not the case.
i, and i am sure many of the "old hands", only want HT to progress and are keen for any initiatives that you instigate to succeed.
i personally thought that the blog was a great idea and some of the contributions by Ed were very worthwhile but this seems to have declined recently. has Ed retired/been sacked or can we get some more input from him/her on a more regular basis.
together with your use of FB the blog was a great inovation and i hope that you can keep these iniatives going.
we are in a notoriously quiet period on HT, my area of "expertise" is very quiet on HT and TA but i still visit every day on the off chance that i can help someone.
we need to provide visitors with a reason to visit HT so we need positive posts to encourage these visitors. an early resolution to the ipod matter will go somewhere to assist in this.
i would also hope that you will take on board a positive criticism that a lessons learned discussion would be appropriate so we are not in a similar position in the future.
i trust you will take this post in the manner that it was meant ie a positive post rather than just a rant.
thank you for your time in reading this.
Hi Jim,

I appreciate what you are saying, however the people who have won have failed to reply to the email we have sent them and as this is something that is beyond our control, there really isn't anything we can do about it.

As for the members of the OTL, who clearly have nothing better to talk about than what goes on here on HT, I can only hope they stop hiding behind their net curtains and show themselves - although I do know who the main culprits are and I have already started a program of removing these people from the site as they are no longer welcome.

Whilst I appreciate your intentions for making this post Jim, I am afraid you may have done nothing more than fuel the cronies on the OTL further, however I will leave your post in place and lock this thread for the time being. I don't like to lock and delete posts, however sometimes people leave us no choice. Please remember doing so is OUR choice and we will do what we feel is necessary to protect the integrity of the site, if anyone has any problem with this you know where the PM button is.

Chris
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.