Forum Announcements

Announcements on changes and amendments at holidaytruths forums.
T&C's are there for a reason Jim, if you don't agree with them, don't enter. Please stop over analysing and picking apart what was and is just a simple prize giveaway.

The End.
That answer seems a bit brusque Chris, considering you were the ones that set the T and C's? Surely if no-one responded after the 4 hour cut off, you then pick another winner immediately, then another if they don't respond? Yet you said last night you still hadn't picked another winner, nearly 10 days after the competition cut off date.
vicjayhay wrote:
Erm me tinks there is no prize !!

Ooo but of an over reaction there I 'tink'. If the offer of the Ipod was not legitimate then surely the simplest thing to do would be to announce the winner was 'J Smith' with a link to their review. This hasn't been the case and a reason has been given for the delay.

But think what you want as there's an old saying for people who 'tink' bad thoughts.......
There's nowt wrong with my thoughts freedom of speech and all, plus I have only said what many are thinking
I'm sure the offer was legitimate Glynis, but I'm also sure that if the t and c's had been followed, and the winner announced at the correct time, or even a note to say they didn't have a winner, on the cut off date, there would have been no need for you to be justifying the Site Owners actions.
vicjayhay wrote:
There's nowt wrong with my thoughts freedom of speech and all, plus I have only said what many are thinking

Who are the many??? :think ;)

madsue wrote:
I'm sure the offer was legitimate Glynis, but I'm also sure that if the t and c's had been followed, and the winner announced at the correct time, or even a note to say they didn't have a winner, on the cut off date, there would have been no need for you to be justifying the Site Owners actions.

I don't have anything to do with the prize Sue but neither do I want to see a false claim written on the forums regarding a banner that HT has put up offering the prize.
As Glynis said above (but with a slight amendment from J Smith to "whoever" this below would have made a much simpler solution and more than likely the first winner may well have seen the post too as well as everyone else who entered....

the simplest thing to do would be to announce the winner was "whoever" with a link to their review.

Instead, some people are thinking there's a bit of cloak and dagger work going on.... Not me, I hasten to add - I just think it could have been done a bit better that's all.
Just emailed a new winner. Fingers crossed they come back to me quickly.
In case you don't think we have the prize...
Chris
Don't let all this put you off trying something like this again. It was a good idea. :tup
Yes I'm with Fi on this it was a great idea, hopefully the new winner will be claiming it soon :tup
Chris wrote:

Very nice too, Chris :cheers
cyprus100 wrote:
Chris wrote:

Very nice too, Chris :cheers

It is nice :) There is going to be one very happy person! :)
We haven't announced one, but a new winner has been contacted as Chris said above.
I can vouch that the new winner has been contacted. :tup
I wouldn't think you could force someone to post although it would be nice if they did. :)
God help them if they are not a regular here! I have a feeling some will only be happy if the winner agrees to appear on the Jeremy Kyle show to take a lie detector test. :rofl Lighten up everyone. I'm sure someone will be delighted to get a new ipod touch but I'm not sure its worth all the grief HT is getting over it.
Happy New Year everyone :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.