Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Whilst I understand your concern Michelle I think we should consider that we have all been enjoying cheap holidays at the expense of the natives in many holiday destinations for a bit longer than perhaps we should have.
We enjoy a very good lifestyle compared to many of the people in the countries we visit. They are rapidly catching up with us and there is a price to pay. Having said that I have come back from a long weekend in Scarborough and comparing the costs I could have had an inexpensive week in a foreign country for what I paid.
I have been looking at prices for next year myself and can see a substantial rise in prices,even though we got off season. Of course the general financial crisis is going to hit all of these places hard.

fwh
I remember when something similar happened back in the early 90s when the hotels had it good and deciced to hike their prices to deter the Costas/Lager lout brigade and only succeeded in pricing out the backbone of their tourism-the family groups. It backfired as it ended up being more expensive then going to Florida which we ended up doing in 93 and 94. With the current economic situation they would be very stupid to go the same route.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.