General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I think the owners of the hotel were quite right to take off all the towels :tup I have heard of other places doing it as well and I think its great :)
We went to the Costa Encantada in Lloret De Mar 6 years ago. After being there about 3 days we were told towels were not to put down until 9am and if you werent with them before 10 they removed them. They were put in piles or dumped in the pool.

Helen
l.o.l - lots of places say they will remove but don't - we actually moved some in Rhodes Atlantic Imperial last year
that were left on at 12.30am - we move one towel 100 yards in one direction and the other 100 yards the other direction - would have loved to have seen the owners looking for them the next morning but just couldn't be bothered to get up early........
^ That was the problem at Costa Encantada. My now husband and a few friends were sitting outside having a few drinks (this bar closed at 12 but a couple we met there were staying in an apartment beside the bar) and at 1am a man was down putting 5 towels out. Come to think of it I think hubby and the other gent moved them.

Helen
The Paraisio complex in Alcudia does this and I think its FAB.

First morning of the holiday folk would come down and leave swathes of towels down at the crack of dawn..........not realizing that the pool attendant came along half an hour later and set them on the stage meaning they had to walk up in front of everyone to collect them!

Brilliant idea as the rest of us who get up at a reasonable hour and would like to actually get one to relax on rather than sitting on a chair looking at hundreds of them with no one on them until lunchtime - I wish more places would do this to stop this HORRIBLE habit. :)
We had a laugh when we stayed at the Hotel Moreyo in 2008....I woke very early and couldn't go back to sleep one night so sat on the balcony overlooking the pool. It was still dark but as my eyes accustomed to the dark I could see 2 sunbeds with towels on, it would have been about 5am and I thought "Jeez, they must have been put out last night" and then as it got lighter, I could make out a shape on one of them, as it got lighter still I had a chuckle to myself.....one of the local feral cats had made him/herself very much at home on the towel on the sunbed.

I chucked a little more when I realised later that the towel's owner would have been complaining about mozzie bites later in the day, little realising they would have been eaten alive by cat fleas nestled in their beach towels. :rofl Served them right for sunbed hogging so early!
The Sol Pelicanos in Benidorm has a lady on duty to take towels off reserved beds. She stacks them up neatly on a table where she sits.

Re: flea bites. I left my towel on top of my lilo on my sunbed while I went for a late lunch on my first holiday abroad. When I came back, my lilo was flat as a pancake and my towel was in a heap. I was raging, asking people around about who had done this to my belongings. No one could remember anything so I blamed the Germans. Next day I was covered in what i thought was mozzie bites. Later on that day I witnessed a ferrol cat jump ontop of another towel covered lilo, squished about a bit to get comfy and fell asleep for a while. The lilo slowly went down then the cat ran off......thats when I realised they were flea bites. :(
Where we are staying they give you an hour to have brekkie or need to get stuff from your room, or after an hour the rep removes your towel,which I do agree with.. thats in the hotel angela fuengirola..same applied last year at the las palmeras fuengirola :sun2 :sun2
When we were at the hotel Sun City a few years ago our friends went home 3 days before us.
He left his towel on a sun bed and it was still there 3 days later when we left. :rofl :rofl :rofl
Dont laugh Jean . It's probably still there now . :rofl :rofl
we went to a hotel in Cyprus a few years back which had a no reserving rule, our room over looked the pool, being an early riser i sat on the balcony every morning watching not only our continental cosens but also a few brits sneaking out about 6 am and placing towels on the selected beds,.. about 7am the garden and pool maintenance man came in cleared all the rubbish, then cleaned the pool and when finished [about half hour later] proceeded to pick up ALL the towels from the beds and throw them in the pool,...also been to a couple of hotels in Greece where they just gather them up and throw them in a pile in the corner
if ive come back to the hotel a bit lateish and see towels already laid out, i give them a wash in the pool, i got a round of appluse one night with people sitting on there balconys
The Oceania in greece did this. They also moved pesonal property which i think could have caused poblems.

I think the policy should be ***** amount of guests *****number of sun beds. Problem solved :tup
holiday village in turkey removed towels last year if noone was on them
When I stayed at the Aqua hotel in Icmeler many years ago we never managed to get a sun bed the whole 2 weeks we were there.
I wasnt that bothered as we prefer the beach but the were 2 lady guests with dogs and yes they also put the towels out for their pampered pooches. :rofl :rofl :rofl
I suppose because they were white poodles no one challenged them. :really :really
Most of the hotels in lido de jeselo, charge for the sunbeds by the pool, and you have to buy one of there blue/green towels, to reserve a sunbed

You can try to put your own towel down, to reserve a sunbed, but it wont work, as each hotel provides30 towels for 30 sunbeds, if you buy a towel, then you are entitled to one of the sunbed

So in Lido de jeselo, in italy, I have never realy seen anyone get up early to get a sunbed, most holiday makers do it just before they go for breakfast
Holiday Village in Egypt - staff sweep round the pool about ten, and remove all belongings from sunbeds not in use.
Got caught out on the first day (we were at the Welcome meeting !) but it worked really well.
I remember one year in Tenerife -everyday all nationalities put their towels on the same beds, we had never been earlier enough to get a sun bed then one day we were so I said to my husband - i'll put the kettle on you go and put towels on - we will have a brew then go down. About 1/2 hour later we went to our beds to find our towels up against a palm tree and 2 people from our own town who we had been chatting to all week had chucked our towels off and put theirs on - needless to say I ignored them after that - just thought 'cheek of it' go and pick on the ones who have abused it all week why don't you !!
We went to the Pueblo Indalo complex in Mojacar a few years back. They had a sign asking you not to put towels on sunbeds before 8 am. Every morning the "newbies" would put out their towels regardless, but what they didn't know was that at 7:45 the gardeners would hose down the sunbathing lawns, and the sunbeds, towels or not :rofl I don't think anybody ever did it twice
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.