Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Over The Flames is next to Linda Goa, opposite Kim Faa, just before Ronil and Cafe Coffee Day.
Where are you eating tonight Phil? :lol: Great job you have , keep the tips coming :thanks
Allan.
Our fave place to eat is Redonda - its near the roundabout on the Baga road in Calangute - fantastic Chiken Tikka and great banana fritters! Oops bang goes the diet yet again!

Happy Eating
Jo
thanks to everyone for all your valuable information about chinese and indian restaurants in candolim sorry i did not post my thanks earlier i havent been too well we are really looking forward to going to goa as first timers i am glad we found this fantastic site thanks once again to you all mackmick :lol:
you will love it mackmick :D i guarantee
Been to Goa a few times, found a great place to eat in January. La Terrace, used to be called Mooncrest, near J&As (which I think has gone downhill). We had an amazing Chateaubriand, so good we had it twice more on subsequent visits!
The Bistro in Candolim opened last night.....it looks really classy.
They now have a brand new kitchen with windows so that you can see the chefs working away, and a terrace up top, it must have cost a fortune. Looks really nice!!

GFF xx
This was posted on another site today about sublime in Baga

Hi everyone, Sublime Restaurant next to Baga Bridge will re-open for business early nov 06
My name is anthony & along with Karolyn & len ( my parents ) we have taken the restaurant over
The name is staying the same along with the waiters & we hope to bring you some exciting dishes from our vast experience in the catering trade.
Myself a fully trained michelin star chef having worked along side gordon ramsay for a short while and around the world will bring you some great dishes for your delight.
Look forward to seeing you all soon.
Your turn to show us the menu then Anthony, or is it Tony?
Really liked the food at this quaint nice place in Panjim called Viva Panjim. Local owner, authentic local food and local prices. Located in a bylane in a nice quite locality behind the main Panjim post office..I believe its listed on the Lonely PLanet..
Try the whole pomfret fry in Reshiad masala- my mouths watering just writing about it. The restaurant closes at 2:30 pm before opening for dinner again, so arrive before that if you are planning on lunch.
A word of advice though - avoid the restroom at any cost..I learnt this the hard way and was a big negative on the place-but nothing can take away from the quality of the food.
Any favourite in Baga/Calangute?
Bagaaddict,
You are right about Viva Panjim.
Great food, huge portions and a lot cheper than the costal strip.
Four of us ate there in February 2006 huge well cooked meals including drinks 650rps. This included 10% extra for seating in the AC room.
Steve
If the toilets are that bad whats the state of the kitchen like?
I must admit its one thing that turns me off some places if they cant be bothered to keep the toilets in good order are they that fussy in the kitchen. :yuck allan.
definately 'After Seven' on Candolim/Calungute border. I wish I had gone there more!
Anybody know of a Greek restaurant in Candolim or Calangute
The Flying Dolphin - near the Golden Eye changed into a Greek restaurant last year - I'm assuming it still is
Yes, Flying Dolphin is still trying to be a Greek restaurant, though the Greek chef has left so best lower your expectations. The mixed starter platter is very good though.
It's a crying shame as that has been my favorite apres dinner drinking establishment for many years - A-J on the bar was always a pleasure
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.