Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Agreed Chilly, great food, made a right pig of myself and it cost next to nothing, my Mrs recommends the Butter Chicken. I think I saw you in there last March Chilly but didn`t say anything as I wasn`t too sure, next time I will say hello to you :wink:
Does anyone know if Kalingas is still in Candolim?
Kalinga is one of my favourites for Curries - had a ride down there last week but it wasn't open so ended up at Flambe instead.
Will keep an eye out and let you know when it opens.

GFF xx
please make sure you do Feelthevibe!!! :) when you off?
Chilly
Thanks Golden flipflop - that would be great. Off on the 18th Nov. :D :pele
Where is this place - I can't think whereabouts it is?
Chilly i heard so many ppl mention Catus, will definately give it a try when we get there.
I have so many restaurants written down to try, but don't know which one's to go to as we only have 14nts!! :D
Hi Chilly , I tried the Cactus on your recommendation last year and it was beautiful.
The food is excellent and very fresh , will definately go back when we next go out there.
:) I can recommend Cactus - i had breakfast there every morning and a couple of meals - great!!
Christian you will enjoy it mention me to them!! shirley we must have met there?? and Candy as it is so local to us we always use it!!
chilly
If anyone fancies a change from Indian/Chinese etc I can fully recommend "Why Not Prayjots" in Calangute for excellent English food. It's run by a wonderful English couple and is opposite the Falcon Resorts amongst the few shops there. The sunday lunches are awesome and very filling and they do excellent breakfasts. The home-made pies and burgers are also superb and made on the premises by Indra the chef.
we are staying at the falcon resorts, so u would recommend the b/fasts there?
Yes I would mate, definitely!
Vodkasundae,

Kalinga's is now open.....and as good as ever!!!

GFF xx
Sublime, as in Chris, has a new venue in Anjuna. Food was the usual high standard. Yum Yum.
Thanks golden flip flop will go next week!
Just got to try cactus shepherds pie after so many good reports.Where is it in relation to The Nizmar further up towards Calangute or back towards candolim.This is so great looking for all the places to try this year.Just on my way out to pick up a curry from our local Indian to whet my appetite.

Papa
Hi Papa,

From the Nizmar Cactus is towards Candolim.......just ask any taxi driver. Ram has now had his new furniture installed and a carpet (he's so proud of it)........not really a carpet, it's linoleum but out here they call it carpet!!!

GFF xx
is cactus within walking distance of the Nizmar?Need the excersise you see.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.