Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Glad to hear that those building works are complete. We are booked into the Revron Apartments in mid-June with Thomson. So hopefully by then even the final bits will be finished.

Two questions , I shall probably be hiring a car for a few days. What is the parking like around the apartment building and does the complex have its own car-park. Secondly , who are the best people to go to for car hire? We are getting a free airport transfer so we do not need to pick up a car when we land. So I would like to collect the car in the resort next day and have it for about 5 days while we are there. I have looked at some car-hire sites on the net and a lot seem only to have an airport pick-up option. Thanks in advance
Just down from the Reveron (about 10 yards down from the restaurant on the Reveron 'corner' and before the Victoria Court 1 top entrance) there is a car hire place - usually a few hire cars outside - not sure of the name or hire costs but vvv or Apollo should be able to advise or let you know of other options.

We are over next Friday for a couple of weeks so I could get the phone number etc and post or PM on our return - let me know.

Re parking - not sure if they have their own car park - unlikely, streetside parking is the norm. Don't expect too many spaces on Sunday mornings ie market day. However, on reflection you are probably far enough up the hill to not be affected (maybe !!)

Regards, CJB
Thanks for that . Wish I was going there next week as well. Yes , PM with any details you can get.
Hi
Just a word about the new shopping complex near to the Reveron apartments. Where exactly is it. We go to the Mar y Sol which is just by
the Reveron, usually we use the supermarket at the bottom of the hill so if there is one nearby it would be a good help.
If you are coming from the Reveron apts, you turn right at the roundabout and you are there. Its not complete yet though.

re: car hire. Before we bought ours we used JR cars which just down the rod from Reveron on the other side of the road. (wakl down towards the sea, its only a small place, its attached onto a Thomsons holiday complex.
€26 per day for a saxo, €27 seiciento etc etc. Its good because they always have cars on the day, so if you decide one morning you want to go somewhere, you can just nip down there and they will have one.

The one below Reveron do 3 day hire for €55 but its not easy to get one unless you book a week in advance or something.

Parking is free in most places, often there are not marked spaces so you just have to squeeze in wherever you can.

As for the building work across the rod from Reveron, it shoudlnt be long now, a few tractors (or whatever they are called) coming in and out, they are mostly on the painting now. I would think they would be done by June (remember, these are Spanish builders, so things tend to take rather longer than you might expect). I think it will be all done by the time you get here.
Thanks for those answers re car hire and car parking. Much appreciated
I managed to stick my reveron photos in the album!

Hooray!
:) Stayed at reveron last week in january 2005. There was some noise from diggers, moving earth, but not enough to disturb sunbathing on the rooftop pool and it all stopped early evening. Hope the water has warmed up, it was freezing! It was a great holiday!
hi just come back from victoria court 1 last friday the supermarket as not opened yet
my friend is in the rervron apartments at the moment they are very nice and clean they have a great view on the third floor and as a sunny balcony
the apartments on the oppiste side are not finished but causing no trouble or noise
you will have a great time and the staff are realy freindly
When are they going to paint the wall at the victoria court side of the Revron.
Its the first thing i see when i come out the front door of my apartment :evil:

Edit - Personal website link removed. luci - HT Mod
Just wondering if there is any more work been done on the supermarket yet. We are going in July and am hoping they are open
ha ha ha, sorry, no, slow as ever.

The building is up and car park is sort of ready. I dont imagine that the supermarket (Mercadona I think it will be) will be in for July though, not at the speed they work over here, the interior is still not completed.
Hi,

we have booked 2 studio apartments at the reveron aprtments in july and would really love some information about the local area as well as the aprtments. Wheres the best places to eat and drink? What sort of prices would we be looking at for car hire for approx 3 days and wheres the best place to hire.
Has anyone got any photos of the aprtments or has anyone stayed n the studios?

Thanks Lucy
There is a car hire place under the reveron apts which does 3 days for €55. Most places have package deals like that ranging from €48-€70 for 3 days (for bog basic small runaround, perfectly adaquate)

Just down the road from you on the other side of the street is JR crs, also very cheap and not bad.

Loads of good food places, depends on what you like tbh, but there is a
great range of everything within walking distance to you.

Along Las Vistas front are some fab bars for a fairly close drink with a great view.
check out my site.
If you click on the picture of the smaller balcony you can see a wee bit of the Reveron.
http://www.gallrental.co.uk/

The studios i can see from my stairway resemble a shoebox but i dont know if they are all like that.
When are you going in July as i will also be there from the 1st to the 15th.
Maybe see you and give you a tour of mine in Victoria Court 1
Reveron is right in the middle of everything, so you can probably walk or taxi most of the time. There is something for everyone, so take your choice. Definitely a good idea to rent a car and see a bit of the island, although three days is probably enough. Probably best to book a car before you come if it is in the summer holidays! Try http://www.trc-cars.com.

If you let us know what type of bars/entertainment you enjoy, we can probably all point you in the right direction, so you don't waste any time!
Hi
Six weeks and counting till we go on jollies. I was wondering how the
new supermarket and shops are coming along near to the Reveron apartments. It will save having to go down the bank to the shops down
the bottom.
Cheers
Stocktonmackem
We have just returned from a week's holiday at the Reveron Apartments and although we enjoyed most of the stay there was one thing that spoiled it .This that was the noise from the building work across the way at the new supermarket and apartments. This started an just after 7 in the morning and went on till 6 at night. We had one of the studio apartments, at the front , located over the main entrance.

The worst noise was from a JCB/earthmover type machine that pottered around the site most of the day. This had some sort of problem with it's brakes so that each time it went to stop you heard this very loud screeching sound, a bit like fingernails on a blackboard. Then you had the "I am reversing " bleeper as well This sound carried quite a distance and could be heard even when the machine was working at the back of the new complex. The other sound was that of angle-grinders used to cut up slabs of stone.

Because there is no air-conditioning we had to have all the windows open otherwise the room was too hot. I know that this noise only went on during the day , but even so it did spoil the times we spent in the room in the morning and evening. I hope that the work will eventually be finished but it did spoil what was a good holiday in a nice apartment complex
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.