Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Daveeboy, there is no kids club but there is a mini disco each night for about an hour, they also have kids mini disco in pool for about 1/2 an hour every morning and then in the afternoon they play more games for about an hour again, this all takes place around the pool. My 2 kids really enjoyed it and so did we but i would have preferred a kids club. Having said that we are going back again this year in october. :)
the official listing follows with web address for the owners

RISING STAR BEACH Hotel Apartments A
AMMOCHOSTOS - PROTARAS_PARALIMNI

6, Feidipidou Str. 5296 flats: 52
P.O.Box: 33271, 5312 beds: 104

tel: 23814333
fax: 23814334
email: info@yiannamarie.com

hope this solves your problems

wizard

copyright material courtesy of the CTO
I'm staying at the Rising Star Apartments in May this year but have just read some reviews about people who have said they were put in the older blocks; I thought these were new apartments so if anyone could explain which the older blocks are I'd be very grateful. Also, any restaurant/take away reccomendations near these apartments would be good too. Thanks.
Could be that people have been put in the Golden Star Apartments which are owned by the same company I believe-they are very close to each other.We stayed in the Golden Star in 2004 and they were fine and the staff were brilliant.Theres the Rising Sun pub opposite and the restaurant there too.Just been on there website http://www.yiannamarie.com and all info about compex is there :D
Thats great thanks, I thought the same that people must have been put in the Golden Star. I assume booking at the Rising Star I should be in there so lets hope so.
Hi there is another block which is right next to the rising star and it has been refurbished, all the balconies are bigger than main block and i think they all overlook the beach. We stayed at the rising star in october in the main block and had a really good time, i dont think it would really matter which block you were in.
Thats good news then, i was just a little concerned we'd be put somewhere dodgy but all sounds great-I just want to get there now as I've had it booked for ages! Can you remember how much the loungers were to hire on the beach? Not sure whether to take our own brolly etc. or just pay?? Thanks for all your info. Claire
Hi, we only used beach once and only for a couple of hours in afternoon, to be honest nobody came to collect payment, there is a large grassy area right beside beach with sunbeds and brollies which belongs to rising star and we just used that andwondered down to sea when we felt like it, the apts really are in a great position for doing this. We are going back this year again but not until october.
Hi, been thinking about booking these apartments for next year and I just wondered what the beach is like directly by the apartments. I love a nice long sandy beach and I'd hate to get there and be disappointed. Also, is the sea clear or rocky? Had a very bad foot last year after standing on rocks in the sea in Ibiza.

These apartments get brilliant reviews from our members and visitors

Click Here go view them.
These apartments are brilliant and the beach is fantastic. Fine shingle sand and clear blue seas. A smattering of seaweed perhaps but nothing to worry about. You certainly won't get bad feet.
Just to expand a bit on what Helen T said.The area adjacent to the Rising Star is very rocky,if you are planning a walk into Pernera from here(though unlikely) you need to watch your footing.From the rocky area heading along to Fig Tree Bay it is practically all sand BUT there are areas where there is rocky/stoney parts in the water,very close to the beach.These are clearly visible though so you'll be able to pick a place to lie down and head into the sea without the risk of standing on something.
not sure where your apartments are but beachs very nice but not very wide penera has smaller beaches.
Well now I am pretty sure we want to go to these, only theres no free child places on the internet at the mo for next year!!! Wonder if they haven't released them yet, as I know a couple of years back I tried to book a Thomson hol and couldn't get free kids then managed to a few weeks later.
Hi If you look down the topic list and find the one by brookie uk saying (web cam views-the pool is empty)and click on the www address it will show you the beach.(day time only) as it is live. All i can say is as we live in cornwall and have got some nice beaches The one you are talking about is very good, But find a spot away from the rocks.
Hello

I am going to the Rising Star in Protaras in a months time - does anyone know anything about these apartments - how much is the local beer - how much is a bottle of wine - is the food good in Protaras - how much is a meal - whats the entertainment like etc

Gal
These are one of our review sites favourite apartments. They get glowing reports. Click Here to read them.
Try this past topic http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=58367&highlight=rising+star

You can use the search facility at the top of the forum page and searh within the Cyprus forum for past topics.....hope that helps
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.