Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Does anyone know if it is possible to book accommodation only for mid october 2007 at Rising Star? They offered it on their website for 2006 but have tried to e-mail them a couple of times about next year and as yet have had no response. Perhaps the company shuts down over the winter?? Would like to do schedule flights and stay at Rising Star rather than book a package through Airtours but don't know if this is possible. :?
Hi Snowflake, we stayed at the rising star in oct 05 and 06, as far as i know they dont take direct bookings from may to october, i spoke to another holidaymaker who had asked at reception aboit doing this for 07 and she was told they only accept bookings through airtours. They might have changed their policy now tho. I did see some foreign holidaymakers there in october so they might no longer be airtours exclusive. They are great apartments. Let me know if you do manage to book direct as i would be interedted in doing that for next year.
Hello all

We are quite close to booking the Rising Star Apartments for this summer but I have a few questions that I hope you guys can help me with.

I think these apartments are on the same road down to the beach as the Tsokkos Hotel, nearer the beach and on the opposite side of the road - is this correct?

Looking at the flight from Glasgow it is going to be a late departure on the way back home, somebody mentioned that you can't book your room for a late check out - is this still the same? I don't think we would be getting picked up until 10pm and this would make it a long day if you have to be out of your room from 12.

On a more general note, it has been about 5 years since we were last in Protoras, will we notice a big change?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Trish
Hi, the apartments are on that road right beside beach, we were able to book a late check out room, i think it was about 20cyp and it meant we had the room until 6.00pm. Sorry cant help with the changes to protaras as we only went for the first time in 05.
The Rising Star apartments are behind the Rising Sun Pub (where Airtours put on some of their entertainment) opposite Golden Star and Tsokkos. Protaras hasn't changed too much over the last 5 years. Most of the main changes took place over the 10 years prior to that. The main street is now one way with a fountain at either end, they have built pathways along Fig Tree bay and in the last year some of the Elvis acts have moved on although there are still a few to be found!! The price of things has also crept up over the last few years but the standard of food in the resort is still excellent (try Diva's at west end of strip). Still cheaper than eating out in UK. Other than that not a lot has changed. Still a great place for a holiday! :D
Thanks, Caits. Not sounding too hopeful. It may be that they only rent out rooms that they don't sell as a package through Airtours. I might try phoning them. Will let you know if I find out anything. :?
:D Needed chearing up so we booked our 2nd stay at the rising star.

We go in

270 days :)

6488 hours :lol:

Thats 30 Sept at 11.10 am from Newcastle

Not that im excited or anything. We booked along with another 2 couples and their children. We booked with direct this morning and then tonight my sis in law tried and Direct have nothing avail......

Its an exra £200 + with Airtours :lol: Pleased we just booked intime, good a good price but :cry: sis in law and her family prob wont be joining us.

We stayed at Vangelis this year and Rising star was far better so this time we stick with what we know. Great accommodation, great location fab weather ( fingers crossed ) and perfect company.
Just hope it doesnt go down hill.
Thanks guys on the info.

Great that they allow late check out rooms, don't mind paying a little extra for it.

And it sounds like they are where I thought they were.

By all accounts it seems like you can't fail to have a great time at these apartments.

Of to book, will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again
Trish
That is us all booked, off to the Rising Star on 11th July....can't wait.
I have a couple of questions about the pool area at the rising star apartments that I was wondering if anybody could help me with.

How deep is the deep end of the pool?

Are there plenty of sunbeds - I am usually at the pool around 8.30, will there still be beds left by the pool (we are going July)? With the kids being a little bit bigger, we don't have to be close to the shallow end or anything, just close enough to keep an eye on them.

Tekki
hi tekki, i'm not sure how deep the pool is as i'm not a swimmer but it is a large pool and there are plenty of sunbeds, we could go down to pool at 9.30 and still get a good one, we did however go in october. Even if you cant get one round there will still be plenty on the large grassy area. Hope this helps anymore questions just ask.
thanks very much for taking the time to reply.
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the apartment sizes are like at the rising star, ie the two bedroom and the one bedroom? Also if anyone has stayed in a two bed can they tell me what the views are like, many thanks mandy
Hi mandyk,

have only stayed in a one bedroom and thought it was a good size, there were 2 adults and 2 children, only thing is not enough storage space, but they are great apartments, if you have any other questions just ask :)
Hi Caits06,

Got an e-mail back from Rising Star recently saying that they don't accept direct bookings and you have to go through Airtours. Pity as would like to have done that. However, the upside is that by booking scheduled flights I can have 8 days instead of 7 in the resort. :D
Hi snowflake,

it's a pity you cant book direct with rising star, why dont you try travel republic to look for accomodation. We have booked through them to go to paphos this year as we fancy a wee change, but i am hoping to go back to rising star next year. :)
Thanks Caits,
Have already booked Vangelis where we've stayed the last 5 years.
Had just fancied trying Rising Star as it has such good reviews. However, the Vangelis is really central and have not found anywhere else comparible in price for 2 apartments - that way the teenagers can have their own without it breaking the bank! Maybe another year :D
Just been trawling through the many reviews on this website and a few others. We are going next year and have opted for the half board option but no body seems to have done this in the reviews. Does the hotel have a restaurant or do we have to take our meals at the Yiannis Marie across the road. Please help :? We don't mind if we do as it also has had really good reviews.

Cazz.
XXX
hi, there is a restaurant in rising star and we ate meals there a few times on half board, we upgraded when we got there, as there wasnt many people o half board we were able to choose what we wanted from the menu, both breakfast and dinner and the food was lovely, but not sure it is all buffet style now. It is a nice restaurant and the staff are lovely.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.