Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I dont know about in the apartment but beer prices wise on the strip is around C£1.50 or it was last year for a pint of Keo.

I'll be in protaras from 11th June so i'll know if there are any increases then but it looks like you'll be going around the same time so it will probably be to late to let you know by the time I get back.

Thats my bit done, next person please lol. :lol:
:D The Rising Star Apts are In a great location.

Im sure prices will have gone up since we last visited......... hasnt everywhere else? :wink:

........ As for prices while been In Cyprus....... we always base our money on prices over here, ie, Beer, eating out etc. We are never disappointed :)

...... We dont mind what we pay In Cyprus to be honest. We save up all year and prepare for it......... Its your holiday after all....... and what a beautiful place to go.

:sun
Louise I totally agree. I dont find it that bad as its still cheaper than the UK.
It may be more than other countries but what the hell.

It's a holiday and well worth going back again and again.
Hello

Is it true you have to pay for the aircon in the rising star - going Sun - if its true how much will it cost - staying in a one bed apt.

p.s can you get P20 sun cream in cyprus
Most places charge for aircon
Price is usualy around £2.50 - £3.00 per unit per day.

P20 is notorious for yellow staining on clothes.

Mark
We stayed a fortnight in the Rising Star in July 2005. We were self catering and had a one bedroom apartment. There were four of us with two sleeping in the bedroom and two in the livingroom. There were two AirCon units-one in each room. As it was so hot we had to have both them on at night.

I recall the total price was in the region of £100, can't remember if it was Sterling or Cypriot. Apart from that the hotel was fantastic and I would have gladly paid the extra amount for the AirCon if it was included in the overall price of the holiday.

Last year P20 was on sale in Protaras. I have also been converted to using it! Enjoy your holiday.
Thanks my friend - will do.
The Rising Star is indeed in a great location. When we arrived we were a wee bit dismayed to find our apartment was in the older block. However things improved considerably when we had a glass of wine on the balcony and watched the full moon shining across Fig Tree Bay.

The Yianna Marie restaraunt is about 100m from the hotel and the meals there are brilliant. The prices are similar to the UK, but we found the overall food quality was superb. Even the hotel snacks were freshly made and of a high standard.

Last year the hotel offered half-board at a supplement of around £7 per day.
We are going to the Rising Star end of September (booked nearly a year in advance and have been counting down the long weeks).... I read in some of the comments on this thread that there is tennis and a gym at the apartments. There's no mention of it in the brochure. My 10 year old will be thrilled if there's a tennis court. Any feeback would be great. By the way, how much could I expect to pay for a litre of Bacardi in Protaras?
We are going to the Rising Star end of September (booked nearly a year in advance and have been counting down the long weeks).... I read in some of the comments on this thread that there is tennis and a gym at the apartments. There's no mention of it in the brochure. My 10 year old will be thrilled if there's a tennis court. Any feeback would be great. By the way, how much could I expect to pay for a litre of Bacardi in Protaras?
hi all :D
i have just returned from protaras and the rising star( read my hotel review under Dave from waltham abbey), i think value for money wise this hotel is unbeatable, i stayed on the third floor with a back view, i thought it was lovely it certainly is a lot cooler than having a pool facing room as the sun is only there late afternoon, and we left the balcony doors open and the bedroom window also, which created an amazing circulation of cool air which meant we never required air conditioning throughout our two week stay, so theres a little tip for nothing, i think when the maids clean the rooms on changeover days everything is shut up which makes the rooms stuffy and hot and when people arrive they automatically assume the rooms will stay like this but as i have mentioned above this can easily be cured, i must also add that it was near impossible to access my balcony from above or below so security wasnt an issue but it maybe on the lower floor of course, also to clear up the point regarding the tennis court on this complex, there is one but there isnt as yet a proper net just a mish mash of tape holding the old one together this wouldnt effect my game at all but for all you budding henmans out there it might peev you off a little lol, but i am sure they will replace this very soon. that aside and as my report states i have nothing but good memories about the rising star, i have booked the same fortnight for next year and cant wait to get out there again. if you have any questions about the hotel or resort please post and i will do my best to answer or help ... : :D
Just replying to a previous question, yes there is a tennis court and a gym at the Rising Star though i think there is a small charge to use them, hope that answers your question!
Any more let me know as i work there so i should be able to find it out? :wink:
Just came back from The Rising Star,yes there is a small gym which i think my son paid £3 per hour.Apartments are all really clean.I went with family and we had 4 rooms.Three rooms overlooking pool and bar area and one on the 5th floor looking over the back of the hotel.The room looking over the back really got hot at night so AC is a must,i think reason for this was because it was on top floor and not because it was out back.Hotel bar stays open until 2am so this was really handy if want a night cap and Michael the barman was a really nice friendly person.Overall the hotel has no downsides(maybe could do with bit more storage in rooms). :roll:
Thank you for the information. We are all counting down the days... only 21 more to go! I had been thinking about upgrading to half board for a few days while we were there, but reading all the reviews of the restaurants in Protaras I think we will have to go out to eat every night! Can't wait to try out the Nicholas taverna. If the lamb kleftiko is as good as it sounds I think I will be eating there every night.

What are the towels like at the Rising Star? Do we need to take our own bath towels, or are the hotel's big and relatively soft enough to cover you up after a shower?
We found the towels big enough and they are changed every 2-3 days.
Another question - is it worth paying extra for the TV? Often when we have been to Spain there are only foreign TV channels and American news channels on the apartment TVs.

Are there any channels of interest to the children available on the TV at the Rising Star (keeps them quiet when we are getting ready in the mornings).

How much is the TV supplement?
Hi, has anyone emailed rising star apartments, if so what email address did they use and how quick did they get a response ? thanks
I emailed them a few months back and it took a few days for a reply. I used the email found on their website.

http://www.yiannamarie.com/index.htm

email: reservations@yiannamarie.com
Hi thanks, i will try and be a bit more patient, just out of interest where you requesting a particular part of the hotel and if so did you get it ? thanks again
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.