Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
when we were there last year it was definately charged extra but it may have changed since then.
Rising Star used charge for aircon, i dont know if they still do. In my opinion it is a rip off, aircon fridge hire it can put hundreds of pounds on your holiday, a holiday that looks cheap can turn out more expensive. I try an stay places where it is all included in the price
Just got back from Protaras and spent a few days on the Yannis Marie Beach which is near this Hotel. The noise from there Poolside entertainment was really loud. So Dont go there if you want to relax round the pool.
When is everyone stopping here? We go on the 30th Sept for 2 weeks ....... 10 weeks on Sunday woohoo
Hi, just to let you all know i emailed the apartments and they have replied saying air conditioning is free...great. Fly out 7 weeks tomorrow, can't wait!! :lol: :lol:
We are going next May, will it be available then as some places don't switch it on until high season.
Not sure, worth an email to ask them though, they replied to me in 48hrs. :lol:
Going out to thr rising/s on the 19th sept, really lokking foward to our stay, all the reviews look & sound great.
I believe the aircon is free also, grreat, more spending money.
See you there then, fly out on the 12th for 2 weeks, getting married on the 21st at capo bay but staying at rising star...hoping for 2 weeks of sun!! :lol:
Just back and can confirm that the a/c was indeed free. We were there from the 11th July so the holiday season was in full swing. I like a relaxing holiday and did not find the pool at all noisy. Yes there are a couple of entertainers (Chris and Aairon) who do a splash dance with the kids about 11.30 for 30 mins then a quiz and adults water polo and kids water polo in the afternoon. It was all good fun with people just enjoying themselves. If you want peace and quiet then there are pleny of sun beds on the grassy area overlooking the sea. - Wish I was back there now.

Any question and I'll do my best to answer.
Hi Tekki, what were the room sizes like as i have heard they are rather small. There is three of us and have only booked a studio. Do you know if these are adequate. Also, if we are not happy, do you think they will change us to a bigger room, we are going in May so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem, or do you think we should change it now over here.

Thanks,
Cazz.
Hmm, not sure what size the studios are. Yes compared to other one bed apartments the one we had was a bit smaller, but not uncomfortably so. There is only room for a small table and two chairs on the balcony, but you could take out one of the chairs from the room for your wee one to sit on if you all wanted to be out toghether. One thing I would do is email the hotel nearer the time (maybe a week or two before you go) and ask for a high floor. We were on the side opposite the pool which was fine, but we were on the first floor right above the generator room for the air con and it was a bit noisy.

No all inclusive option available at the hotel either.
Thanks for that Tekki, we have paid extra for a sea view( splashing out this year) and requested a high floor, so fingers crossed. Anyway, all we do is sleep and get ready in the room, we'll be out all day. :lol:
oh you will have a brilliant view - if i was going back i would def pay extra for the sea view (and I am not normally one who would bother with such things). We spent a bit of time in the room, we tended to have lunch there as it gave us a rest from the heat and I did not feel it too cramped when we were all there.
Hi Tekki

Thanks for all your useful information, did you need traval adaptors?

Mandy :lol:
No you dont need travel adaptors, its 3 pin sockets in Cyprus and certainly in the Rising Star.

There is also a hair dryer in the room, can't say what it was like as I didnt use it. Much nicer sitting on the balcony letting the last of the sun dry my hair.
Can you watch the sunset from the seaview rooms????
cmt,

we were in a corner room, last oct and a back room the year before and these are the sides where you see the sunset, the views from the seaview rooms are lovely though, wish i was going back this year but we are trying turkey in october, prices seem cheaper and we are going AI, would love it if rising star became AI and maintained the standards it currently has, hope to go back there next year.
Hi, can anyone tell me do they have safes in the rooms? thanks mandy :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.