Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I booked my parents into these apts for october using my travel £1200 for 1st 2 weeks in october with 1 bed seaview as my daughter is getting married there on 5th october
Can you only book these apartments direct rather than with a tour operator? can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere, been looking.
See http://www.yiannamarie.com/reservations.htm where they say:

"Unfortunately we CANNOT accept any DIRECT bookings for dates between 15 May until 15 October 2007. Note - Any direct reservations received for the above dates will be automatically disregarded."

Marion
They e-mailed me at the start of the year to say that all bookings have to go through the tour operators. We had wanted to book independently but couldn't
Walkers, where is your daughter actually getting married. We'll be there at the Rising Star the first 2 weeks in October too.
hi, i was ready to book these apartments for late september but was worried about the wording of the bathroom in the accomodation. it says" bathroom with bath or shower", i'm thinking it means either stand alone shower or a shower over the bath which is what you see nomally in hotels. what i wouldn't be able to put up with is no shower at all as getting ready to go out would take ages for a family of four. other accomodation i have cross referenced is worded " bathroom with shower" . can anyone who has stayed there shed light on this? any replies would be gratefully recieved :)
:really Oh my god, will have to double check and get an Airtours brochure on Monday. We are off here in May and couldn't cope with having just a bath.
There is a shower in the bath was here last year and going back in june for 2 weeks

cant wait to get back :D
seeview room we had and also view of Protaras was great
i have some pictures off view from my room with sun rising and other snaps aswell i shall get them uploaded somewhere for you to see
Hi Gabba, if they are pictures of the hotel you can upload them HERE

Kath HT Admin
uploaded 2 so far in Cyprus album they are the 1st 2 on the page :)
i had nice snaps off Famagusta but unfortunately i zoomed in and spoiled the pictures :(
pictures at moment are in

hope they are some help to u CMT.

also i forgot what u called the caves when on boat trip i have pictures of them aswell can someone give me the name off them and i will upload them aswell
Thanks Gabba, it looks fabulous.
Looking forward to seeing more. ;)
your welcome. will upload rest once i find out name off them caves... think its kamnos bay or something like that went out boat trip seen Famagusta, that bay and went "snorkling" which was putting head under water with scuba gear for about 1min lol
Hi, hoping someone can give me some info regarding room types at these apartments. Have phoned Direct Hols and got a reasonable quote for a fortnight in August next year staying in a room that's described as a 1 bed apt 'side view'. Has anyone stayed here that can tell me what this side view is of, if it's the beach then great but I'm a bit wary it could be of the local carpark. The adviser on the phone didn't have any idea so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
hi nicjw, we have stayed twice here 1st year was side sea view and we overlooked fields, you do get a side view of sea and also the little church on the hill. Also these rooms are cool during day as dont get the sun but you do get it late afternoon/evening which is nice. We are going back in june for the 3rd time and cant wait. Anymore questions just ask. :)
Hi Caits, thanks for your reply. I'm still pricing up various dates and have noticed that it's not much more to upgrade to a 2 bed apt. Any idea whereabouts these are in the hotel? Also, a little :offtop I know, but have found a price for 11 nights at the Vangelis apartments which is loads cheaper than the 2 weeks at the same time at Rising Star (about £700 cheaper). Do you know of these apartments, is it worth paying the extra for the Rising Star?? I'm thinking it's a BIG difference! Also thinking of maybe going end of May as opposed to July/August as I'm worried about the heat for my children. Thanks again, Nic. Can't believe I'm thinking about next years hols already, got to pay for this years yet!
hi nicjw, i dont know about the vangelis except that they are on main strip so will have everything close by, if i hadnt already stayed at rising star and there was such a price difference i would prob gowith cheaper option but rising star are great.One thing i do know is that vangelis do offer an all inclusive option so that may help you decide.
We are staying here in three weeks time but are half board. Will we be in a self catering apt or do they have rooms set aside for people who are on half board. I need to know if we will have a fridge.
I've also tried e-mailing the hotel to ask them this, along with requesting a high floor, several times but have no reply as yet.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.