Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Royal Park Elenite
237 Posts
andrew ,
i personally will take it on myself to asure you , you will have a fantastic time and you will return .
bill . :D
Bill
I know it must be nice for you to keep returning but its justthat little feeling that i get inside, its because i have never been there thats why if it was somewhere like spain i would be fine, i am sure that we will have a great time when we go out next year

Andrew
Hi Andrew,
if it was somewhere like spain i would be fine

If Bulgaria was like Spain, why would anyone go there - they may as well just stick with Spain?

It's the difference that makes it attractive to many of us although, unfortunately, the developers appear to be trying to make it another clone of the 'Costas/Algarve'.

Baldur
Spudz....theres a new reiew on Tripadvisor.co.uk which is rather glowing :D
And we have one also - HERE

Peter
Whats this hotel like the 1st week of October? Peter mentioned that the weather might not be so good and that as it is the end of the season, things might have closed down.

Bit gutted now as I was well looking forward to holiday. We could only afford the last week due to cost.
I have looked through the reviews for you and did find a couple where they went in October. Look at the 2005 reviews. you will find the resort will be closed unfortunately.
To be honest, if its sun you are going for I would seriously be having a rethink if I were you. Sorry I can't be more positive.
We were at SB for the last week in sep, 1st week in oct last year, and for the week in oct the weather was mixed, one day of rain, two days cloudy and four days of sun. It was never really cold during the day and mid 70's when it was sunny. It was cold at night though. The resort is shutting down but there were still some stalls still open. Also there were still plenty of restaurant's open and we had no trouble finding anywhere to eat. Lots of reviews based on AI in Bulgaria fall short of what the hotels are really like because of the food. We were AI last year but ate out most of the time but the hotel food wasn't to our liking, but eating out was really affordable and we never found a bad restaurant. But saying that we loved it so much last year that we are going back to SB this year. First two weeks of sep though :lol: and self catering. Eating out is so inexpensive and the drinks are cheap as well, it wasn't worth going down the AI route again. For the extra it costs to go AI compared to going self catering, it is better to be able to choose where you want to eat.
Hope you have a great time, because we did. Bulgaria is a beautiful country, but get in quick before the EU ruins it, like they did with Spain.
Happy Hols.
Paul 8)
One year we were in St Konstantin 1st week in Oct and needed jumpers and anoraks and we were still cold. We have photos of waves lashing over the main Prom of Golden Sands but 2 weeks later our Bulgarian friends told us it was a beautiful gypsy summer.

Patka
Hi mcfester,

As you can see, from Patka's & Paul's replies, the weather at that time of year is a lottery.

I have been in North Eastern Bulgaria in late September for the last couple of years and it certainly was not consistent sunbathing weather.

Last year was particularly cold and very wet with a number of prologued, heavy thunderstorms in the penultimate week of September; whereas the previous two weeks were generally very pleasant.

Baldur
Thanks for your advice everyone. We have booked now so will just ride it out. Hopefully we will see enough of the coutry to return when the weather is good.
hi all :wink:
have booked two weeks at above hotel for my partner myself and three boys aged 9 3 and 10 months would like to find out the latest news from this holiday village.
i,m abit worried about the food here for the kids as i,ve read the reviews and there abit mixed can anyone give me an honest opinion on what it is really like at the resort as my partner and 3 year old are very fussy eaters?
also can anyone tell me if there are cots available at the royal park as i cant seem to find anything about this here?
i,ve read here that one of the pools was filled in because of vip visit and wedding this year i,m really hoping that it is,nt the beautiful pool right in front of the royal park?
are the other pool adequate for little ones?
heres hoping everyone has a brilliant holiday with lots and lots of sun 8)
all very latest news from this village very welcome guys
re the cots
your TO should be able to sort this out for you- best to do now, rather than wait till you get there
thanks fiona got in touch with TO they have cots there which is great to know just wondering if anyone can answer the other queries that i have posted in my last post?
It's 2 years since I was there but from my experience all the pools are pretty cold, I wouldn't have thought they'd fill the big pool in. If they have then the others will struggle to accomodate everyone. As for the food, we always managed to find something, the beauty of AI is you can always try something else.
thanks rennie
glad to hear that the foods ok
hopefully the big pool is,nt the one that was filled in as it does look great for the kids did read a post here that there was a VIPwedding there awhile ago and the pool had been filled for some reason?
no worries though as i,m sure there will be plenty of play time for the kids.
did you try out waterpark if so was it any good there?
cheers
There was no water park in elenite when I was there, there was in Sunny beach, we went past it but didn't go in. We went on boat trip to Nessebar and by bus/taxi to Sunny beach 3 or 4 times. There were some water sports available in the complex. We walked along the beach ,out of the complex, towards sunny beach most days, there was a lot of building going on and a really prehistoric bar called Robinsons. Not really an action packed holiday but it was nice to have a rest. Hope you enjoy it.
Hi

I was wondering if anyone going to this hotel soon could find out about the rooms...We have booked for next year and have a twin room 2 adults and 2 kids.my mother booked a few weeks after we did and she has a single room to herself ,i was checking the rooms and there only seems to be 3 rooms. twin , family and kids suite ,i was hoping to get a my room next to hers ...
We go on friday and have a two bedroom suite booked , i believe its two bedrooms each with own balcony and seperated from each other by the bathroom and a corridor
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.