Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Same here have cut out all the negitive faults now and just want to get away from housework cooking dinner scholls run etc and just chill out
I suggest you print off the Safe and Sound booklet available via my signature link and take it with you so you know what to do if there are any problems in resort.

luci :wave
I am sure you will be ok, just 2 quick things PLEASE PLEASE watch the un cooked meat, & be prepared to spend some money as not everything is all inclusive!!! Have a lovely time and enjoy the weather :cheers
Guys,
Wishing you all a safe trip and a happy relaxing holiday. I know you will have a ball ignore the whingers and remember to post while you are there...... only 6 leva for an hour :wave: :wave:
hi guys

only a week on monday to go - anyone want to post that is there at the minute has it improved???
1 more sleep - if I'm able to sleep, bags all packed, can't wait !!

Shaz

:hyper :hyper :hyper
Safe journey Shaz and enjoy your holiday ;)
Returned from the Royal Park last Friday [August 8th]. Food was pretty basic but accomodation and resort were excellent. My family of 5 did not suffer any ill health. Had a good holiday in a great location. Only drawback was the number of people grabbing loads of food and sometimes having to queue for cups or glasses. The queue for the animation hall was also silly. More entertainment should have been put on in the amphitheatre. You all should have a good holiday.
I am still here just under another week to go, i can't see what other people have been moaning about, as Grober as said food is basic to a degree some nights have been excelent though, you have to bear in mind that hotel has germans and russians as well as english, i spoke to some germans and they said food was more geared towards the english, my family haven't gone hungry always something to eat, you will have to try pako's for a change the T-Bone steak is excelent and very good value two T-Bone meals with drinks 36 lev.
Only moan i have is entertainment not enough of it and wrong location to have it in the ampertheatre is used by an outside company three times a week which is payable when these are on entertainment is in the morris bar which can only realy sit 100-150 people so were does everyone else go for entertainment as the animation club gets realy busy which belongs to the german side other hotel they do entertainment in english as well.
Every one should have a good time with pools/water park and beach all next to each other
Dazznutts so glad to hear you are enjoying your holiday :wave:
Just got back this morning and have to change my views from last weeks has the minor faults that were apparent with this hotel have got bigger and bigger
1)No entertainment or reps available for 2nd and 3rd day of holiday due to staff training
2)Kids reps were given last sunday off cause they worked there day off
3)keep on having to check towels in room - 5 times my self until i gave the cleaner a small tip - then suddenly always got the 8 towels in room
4)Any problems raised with reps relating to hotel- reps getting ignored by hotel management and not getting rectified - i had a lock problem which took 5 days - exposed plugs/light switches never got rectified - parasol's by pool were all heald up by little plastic sticks this was reported but never actioned
5)We saw one example of the towel scam happen, people ended up paying for them - also any damage/accidental caused security will be all over you untill you pay for damage.
6)Entertainment venue's too crowed and paid entertainment/outside company a few times a week in ampertheatre

Unlike other holiday makers i did not find food a major problem
Holiday reps are ignored by hotel management i am surprized first choice haven't sent any senior mangaement to get this problem looked at.
There have been the same complaints about this hotel since it first opened in 2004. At least you escaped the food poisoning DAZZNUTTS, it's often been part of the package.

My impression is that this hotel is just too big for the Bulgarians to be able to cope. First Choice are fully aware of all the problems which are permanently ongoing, and are it seems unwilling to do what any reputable travel company would do under the circumstances - pull out and let the Victoria Hotel Group get on with it all by themselves, and stop selling it to an unsuspecting British public.

Peter
Just got back yesterday and had a good holiday overall although there are lots of problems with this hotel - far more than when we went last time. Out of 16 of us, 9 had a sickness bug. It wasn't food poisoning but some kind of virus that lasted 24 hrs (food poisoning would have lasted longer) but very nasty for those who had it - severe sickness and upset tummy, we had to take advice from the doctor for one of the children but medical staff useless. First choice reluctant to record the sickness but some of the party insited as it is important people who are going there know there is a viral illness/ gastric illness in complex instead of brushing it under carpet. Entertainment all over the show, have to pay for lots too considering AI. We made the best of it, kids loved water park/Beach/Pool and all so close it meant we could do something different throughout day. Location is very nice, would rather be in elenite than Sunny Beach. The queues for meals etc were ridiculous but food basically ok , no-one starved and we were just careful what we ate , very samey but edible. Enjoyed previous visit but would not visit again, just glad there were lots of us there as this made holiday more enjoyable. New mamagement in place and improvements being made but agree with Peter that hotel just too big and not organised well enough to cope with amount of guests in peak weeks.
For those just back, we would appreciate it if you could post a review of the hotel in our Hotel Reviews site.

luci :wave
Nothing about this hotel for 3 years! :que

Has it shut?

my circumstances have changed and I don't think
I'd go back now.

But like to read about it occasionally :D

2005 I went! where's the time gone? :que
I went in August 2008 some of my reviews are on here somewhere :-

My kids have wanted to go back for the pure simple reason of being on the beach and a water park right next door.

The hotel had some teething problems which could of been sorted out very easier - if the staff were a bit more friendly it would have been a nice place to stay - the food was okish some dish were geared up for the russians/dutch etc but you didnt go hungry - i still had a good time but have had second thoughts about going back to bulgaria now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.