Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
First choice are saying pools have been tested as well as food and no problems have now been found just wondering when this outbreak did happen has they started to cook food properly now do better hygine prior to this testing going ahead if anyone is out there at moment a posting would be of use
Exactly the same thing happened this time last year, we were booked to go the 3rd week in August. All the way through July when it was busy there were some absolute horror stories from people returning and i just didnt want to potentially put my fmily through hell.

I phoned FC and told them under no circumstances was i going to this hotel for various reasons and they let me change to a holiday in Rhodes instead.

It seems that the reviews when the hotel is not so full are fairly good, but when its gets busy they just cant cope :que
Problem is there is not much alternative choice now to change to, if there was a good choice i would go ahead as they said they will look at changing to another holiday if not happy to still go to bulgaria
Did anyone see this programme this morning?.
saw programme and worried but woman on pragramme out for all she can get - it showed very dodgy views of hotel when it is , for whatever faults it has, a stunning looking hotel. We have been offered a complete change of destination and fc will honour free child places etc but have a feeling we will still go. They said only 12 people (out of 1200 first choice guests staying at time) have been treated by doctor in Elenite and if anyone DID have food poisoning they would have gone to doctors, sounds like lots of people have had a tummy bug (which is what health and safety over there are saying - viral tummy bug) not food poisoning ( Only had food poisoning once and it is horrific, you would seek medical advice). We will look into alternatives tomorrow but will probably still go to this hotel, not prepared to lose my holiday and then find out it was all a fuss over nothing!! Fingers crossed we make it back in one piece!!!
Ceeza33,
Me and my wife agree if you had suffered with food poisoning you wouldn't be looking the way that family looked, probably another moaning family out for what they can get, but in any case first choice was denying any cases of food poisoning saying this was a bug in the air nothing to do with food, but with the tv images this morning the meat and chicken looking pink any normal person wouldn't just go what the hell and eat it, when we go for a meal in england it is normal to look at your plate when cutting a piece of meat up and if it looks under cooked you would take it back, why have these people ate raw food, also they stated there 7yrs old son got a beer from the bar what they doing letting there child loose for.
In any case what has first choice offered you now as we have looked and there is very little choice if not any to change holiday to, i'm going to travel agents tomorrow to get it in writing that this bug has cleared as they say.
Guys dont buy into this rubbish, havent seen any of the tv shows anyways dont need to I was there when they were there!!!! I know you are confused about who to believe but as the mother of 3 kids who went on my own with them ( ages 8,4,3) do you honestly think i would reccomend a hotel that is dangerous/would make you ill to other families? Check out my review on this site and the recent ones on Trip Advisor.
As for the beer....... complete and utter nonsense. Kids under 18 get purple wristbands for the very reason they cannot be served alcohol. However I did see some parents send their 9/10 year olds to the bar to get beer for them and when refused by the barman get really angry and have a go at the barman in question.

I cant tell you what to do that decision is yours, however if you had seen the calibre of some of the people who were staying at the hotel when I was there, you wouldn't believe them if they told you what time it was!!! Must try and archive the GMTV programme as I've no doubt I came across this family at some point.............. :think
we are going anyway - now trying to convince others to go with open mind - waited too long for this holiday to let this woman ruin it for us . Sure hotel are really taking care with everything at moment as they won't want to lose bookings, probably best time to go!! May see you the Dazznutts!
Have decided to go now with an open mind will probably see you there Ceeza33
yes - will look out for you, we are a large party so should be easy to spot!! :sun2 Sure it will be a great holiday, some good reviews on trip advisor in last week so will just go and enjoy regardless :cheers
looking better now have ignored the tv spotlight, see you there a small party though
My partner, me and our 10 year old daughter are going to the villas on the 11th august, was a bit worried but then thought I see bad reviews every year we have been away to other hotels and havent had a bad holiday yet so Im just gonna ignore them, there have been positive reviews from people just back so lets all go and have a ball - maybe see some of you there

Shaz
If there has been a problem then at least it as been highlighted before you go so hygiene ect should be spot on now as hotel and tour operators will want this sorting as if tour operators pull out the hotel won't get any money :)

Weve just come back from hol village turkey and there was over 3000 there, so you are going to get a small percentage that will get ill at one point.

Hope you guys have a great time :cheers

Jo
we went to albena in 2005 and out of a party of ten six of us were violently ill we had to take turns staying in the room so at least the whole holiday was not ruined
i have travelled the whole coast of spain france gibralter morroco the ballerics greece turkey cyprus and never been or seen people as sick as we were
it was a holiday from hell for us as two familly's and has totally put us off returning there :(
we went to albena in 2005 and out of a party of ten six of us were violently ill we had to take turns staying in the room so at least the whole holiday was not ruined
i have travelled the whole coast of spain france gibralter morroco the ballerics greece turkey cyprus and never been or seen people as sick as we were it was a holiday from hell for us as two familly's and has totally put us off returning there

:que Albena is a totally different resort and area, and can't really be compaired with Elenite other than the fact it is in Bulgaria ?

You can go to http://any country and be very ill, I have been very ill in this country through poor hygiene and cooking standards and we have reasonably high standards and inspections.

Having been to Elenite last year I heard a lot of people moaning about the food, however their main problem was that it was not exactly like they are used to back home.
The catering staff try to produce a wide variety of food to cater for the many nationals that visit Elenite, so a lot of the dishes are not familiar to many.

One problem was that the food was not always piping hot by the time it was brought through to the front counter, it was properly cooked but had been allowed to cool down a bit.
There is a thread of interest HERE, on Holiday Complaints above.

Peter
Have just got back yesterday and i can honestly say the food is under cooked!! Any 1 that is going with children PLEASE make sure that the food is not pink(chicken) . Would just like to add that 4 power cuts in the last 5 days, some lasting for 3-4 hours is not much fun :( . In the last 2 days have never meet so many people that wanted to go home! This hotel is now at full occupancy,To many people on 1 site. If you like to queing when on holiday then you will love this hotel but after a while becomes very tedious :cry
Hi DazzNutts

Just got back yesterday, we didn't stay at Royal Park but there was some sickness/diarrhoea going round, the kitchens were closed for a few days, probably for clean/investigation etc.
I spoke to a fella on the flight home who did stop there & he said that there was a problem with sickness but the staff were always cleaning, its was a spotless place, all facilities were excellent & he couldn't knock any of that & lets face it, if food looked uncooked where ever you were in the world you wouldn't eat it would you?
Think of it this way too, after all this trouble & bad publicity standards will be high regarding food i would have thought, it looks a fab place.
If its still dodgy there's a eating place called Paco's just up the road, 5 mins walk if that, by Privelige & Messambria (thats where we stopped) really cheap, looks rough, dont be put off, Lots of British. The buses are regular, lots of nice eating places in St Vlas especially Miami, S.beach Djannies is Brill. Dont go to Zornitza Sands, crap food, expensive & waiter never gave us change Cheeky Sod

The power cuts were everywhere not just at The Royal Park Chill ;)

Have A Fab holiday Jill
Hi jill so you did not stay at royal park then??? The idea of an all inclusive holiday to me is not to spend loads of money, We did eat at paccoes about 5 times in the 2 weeks very good food,The food in the hotel is not of a very good standard! I would love to be able to chill about the power cuts, but seeing as we had a 3 month old baby to carry up 7 flights stairs by candle without emergency lighting was little peed off :( This hotel should be named faulty towers :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.