Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi

Good to hear you had a really good time and and all the great info and positives re Elenite.

would i go back to the royal park? most probably not, the chavvy people next to us put me off.
bulgaria again? yes but maybe to a different part

That is a shame that you wouldn't go back due to some scummy lot like that :bling unfortunately you can end up with this type of trash on any holiday no matter the hotel or location, should have their passports off them.
That's a very good review Nicdown, could you possibly enter it on the hotel reviews page HERE, please?
Getting worried going on 04th August and three very bad reviews have come on T/A i need calming down as problems are stated with kids club as amount of children to amount of kids reps so you'll be lucky if your kid gets in, amoung aother problems
Dazznutts the kids club is fantastic there are 3 reps so therefore they can only take 24 kids under health & safety guidelines.My 3 went every day and loved it. Make sure that you are there 20 mins before start of session and you will be fine, however if you do not manage to get yours into a session the rep will take your name and you will be a priority at the next session. The sessions are 10-12, 5-7pm and 9-11pm, also some days there are parties from 2-4pm which you must pay for as they get sweets have faces painted etc again only 24 places and a list is put on the door for you to put your name down the day before. Please dont worry you will have a lovely time the kids club reps are nice,caring and really helpful girls which all the kids love. Gonna read the reviews you mentioned and I bet I'll recognise some of the moaners :tup
Thanks for that i just wonder if they will have more kids reps has august will be busy main season etc.
let me know about the moaner and if they were just moaning to moan
What the moaner about the kids club was saying is rubbish, he was part of a middle aged couple who had no kids with them and they were very wrongly placed at this hotel as it is for families. This was the fault of first choice and not the hotel. He also doesnt mention that quite a lot of these kids that were around the pool/beach etc were over the age of 8 and too old for kids club and they didnt want to go to wavelengths the over 8's club. Also many parents I spoke to just didnt send their children to the kids club preferring instead to let them swim/build sand castles etc. As for being in bars after 11pm, that is every parents choice to make and will occur in any hotel in any resort. Stop worrying this is a case of bah humbug on this guy's behalf!!!!!! :really
As I have said before on here, I really have an open mind and enjoyed our last holiday at this hotel, so much so we are going back with 3 other families in 2 weeks. However Royal Park was on sky news last night and on page 18 in Daily Star today - being investigated for food poisoning outbreak - Really worried now!!! Anyone see any evidence of this outbreak whilst out there???
This is worrying i'm going in just over two weeks 04th August has anyone got any joy out of first choice
First choice offering to transfer us, must be on same flight, and will pay extra £200 for accomodation. However, 16 of us going and no accomodation available. Plus we will not get our free child places etc which will push the cost of the holiday up further again. We booked this 14 months ago so had quite a good discount. First Choice ARE investigating and hotel removed for bookings. We may have to bite the bullet and just go !
As per usual first choice will not admit there is a problem in shop they said someone had reported food poisen but had eaten outside, funny isn't it if that was the case why would they have to send out people to look at it, first has offered to change with no admin charge to four other hotel within same area of bulgaria but would have to pay the difference in price, not on have made emails last year this year and so on with reference to worries so will fire them with eveidence if we do get forced to go there
First choice have no available alternatives unless we go half board but they have now said all the management from hotel have been sacked in last couple of days, more staff have been taken on and all systems and procedures reviewed to overcome problems. This sounds a bit more hopeful. We will probably go anyway so may see you there darren and anyone else!!!!!
I am ringing first choice tomorrow to see if anything else has changed since, i wasn't too worried about the reviews that had been posted recently as there were some realy good ones as well as bad ones but when a food poisening issue go es in papers and sky TV there must be something wrong, will update Ceeza33 when do you go and where are you flying from we go from gatwick on 4th August that's if they don't change us.
Mind you there have been no other updates on news or papers since yesterday.
Hi Dazznutts
Google search "Royal park elenite food poisoning" and digest the results
Cheers
Guys I am back a week and saw no evidence of this, but watch yourself when you are there the gluttony that surrounds you. I saw people having a large cooked brekkie at 8am then at various stages between 10-1pm eating hot dogs and pizza, 1pm would then see them in the dining room for lunch, 3pm would see them eating kebabs whilst washing it all down with beer and spirits all day long before heading out for dinner at 6.30pm and a nights drinking. Its no wonder their guts gave up!!!!!!!! :que
hi dazznuts

we are going same day as you but from manchester so if all else fails will see you the - gang of 16 welsh people shouldn't be hard to spot!!! :cheers We have just all got together and will prob still go as first choice not really offering a viable alternative. Will go with an open mind - if health and safety are over there investigating then now is probably the best time to go!! May see you there , let me know if there is any update x :)
There are a lot of bad reviews but some good ones between the bad ones for same time period who do we beleive
There were lots of bad reviews before we went, first choice sent 2 british chefs over to sort out the food, go with an open mind!!!, we had a good holiday.
Rennie when did you go as there have been a family on GM TV this morning complaining about hotel, in another with reference to this complaint what was parents doing let there kids running around going to bar and asking for a beer, i don't take my eyes off my kids when on holiday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.