Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Paulal,

I can't comment on the SEN apartments as we haven't stayed there as a family but I can comment on turunc as a resort which is that we love it. We are going this summer and that will be our 8th year in turkey and the 6th year of going to turunc. I know some people will find that boring but we love the place. I have looked at other areas but have never found anywhere with such reasonable accomodation prices. We have stayed at the Barbaros apartments (once) Burak apartments (twice - right by the centre of town and run by a lovely family) and last year we went to the Palmyra apartments for the first time where we are going to again. These are only six apartments, they are set a bit further out of town near the petrol station but they are great. What attracted us to them are that they are 2 bedroomed which you very rarely get unless they are privately owned. all this for £25 per night. As there are so few apartments it is like having you own private place with the run of the swimming pool. There is a restaurant the Turunc BBQ which is great but you will not be short of a good restaurant anywhere in turunc.

The main road running throught the centre of the village is closed off to traffic in the evening so you cana wander along the street with ease. There are pleanty of restaurants, a few bars and enough small supermarkets to cater for your basic needs. the people of the village are lovely and make children so welcome as do all people in turkey. We use the travel agents in the village JM Travel for our transport from the airport and any trips we want to do, i.e. jeep safari, water park etc. the agency has its own website so you can see what is on offer. As you may be able to tell I love the place. Please contact me if you would like more details. Regards ESM :sun2
Agree with everything said by ESM. Turunc is the perfect family resort. We came back today, and although I dont know what Sen Apartments are like to stay in, we had a meal there for the first time this year. The meal and service were very good, and the price very reasonable. The staff were also very friendly.
Thanks for the replies, Turunc sounds a lovely place just what we like.

Where abouts is the waterpark? Any good for the little ones?

Do yous use private transfers? How long does a private transfer take? Is the bit around the mountain really bad?

Any other info welcome.

Thank you

Paulal
PaulaL,

Private transfers from Dalaman to turunc will be in the region of 2 hours. The mountain road is as scary as you want to make it. It's steep and there are some tight turns and big drop offs, but it's no worse than some other mountain roads in europe and the drivers know the dangers and drive accordingly. If you go over it in the dark, you won't know much about it but during day light, the plus side are the spectacular views. You may find members Resort Reports for Turunc useful.

Darren
Hi Paulal,

We use JM Travel for our private transfers from Dalaman to turunc. If you google JM Travel turunc you will get their website. They are run by an English lady called June and her husband Murat. The transfer takes about 2 hours and last year it cost us £90 return for our family of 4. They use modern air-conditioned cars/taxi's depending on the number of people they are taking. However in 6 years we have only ever shared the car twice with other people. The journey lets you see some of the area on the way to Turunc depending on your time of day. The journey over the mountains is fine. My husband hates heights but it doesn't bother him. We have done the journey at many different times but you cannot beat coming down the other side of the mountain as the sun is rising over Turunc. The view is spectacular. Am I sounding biased!!!

We have been to the waterpark on the seafront of Marmaris again booking the trip through June. they have areas for different aged children so it is a good day out. I enjoy it for the people watching as I can't swim hence do not go on anything. I have been known to dip my toe in when the wave machine is on which is hilarious as it does get quite vicious at times but is such a laugh. It does get very crowded here when we go in august (school age children and I also work in a school office so no other choice). However you do leave fairly early so you have your pick of the sunbeds to get yourself settled.

Turunc is just the most fantastic place. the waiters will take care of your children and entertain them while you are having your meal as they just love children. We started going there when our children were just 5 and 10 and they loved it and still do. They are now 13 and 18. the eldest is not coming this year as he is going away with friends. The youngest can go off wandering by himself to meet up with any friends he has made and you feel totally safe there. Obviously you have them checking in with you as you are always a concerned parent no matter how safe you feel. 7 weeks on Tuesday and we will be back. Can't wait. Any other questions please ask but i can asure you that you will have a great time. Regards ESM :sun
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.