Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Kumar's and Fish Tail are open in Vagator.
Ganesh shack - Candolim, up and running on Saturday. Still being built at the moment, so only sunbeds and drinks until then.
Walked from the river Princess to Calangute this morning and there was
only around a quater of the shacks open for food.Most have now got sunbeds and shades,and around 95% of shacks under construction. :wink:
Another text from Ganesh shack - Sudahs the shack next door has built hers even closer to Ganesh shack so his customers (or new ones) have difficulty getting to hers - please avoid this unfair women.
It makes you wonder why we all keep going back, doesn't it? :bhead

First the farce with the visas and then the Indian Authorities issuing shack licences one month after the first flights arrive. It shows a monstrous arrogance to us, the holiday maker who works hard to afford a few weeks in the sun, and to the poor guys running the shacks, who have six months to make enough money to see them through twelve months.

We keep hearing about the Indian economy booming and growing at 9% per year. Just think what the growth could be if they all got their :swear
in gear!
Roma, it would be pretty boring if everything went to plan and the flights and Hotels were brilliant the Airport got its act together and the place ended up spotless the beaches combed over every day the price you see is what you pay.maybe thats part of the attraction, plus we dont want to make it too attractive :wink: do we? Allan
Just heard from a friend who is out in Goa now.

Some tourists are thinking about suing their travel companies, because the shacks are not open. :?

Many brochures highlight the fact that - the shacks are available for food, drink, entertainment etc. Thus the holidays are not as described in the brochure. :shock:

Can't see them getting very far with that. :(
They have no chance of suing,it's down to the tourism minister, but lets hope the travel companys can throw some weight behind this and have a dig at the way things are run.
"Some tourists are thinking about suing their travel companies, because the shacks are not open."

Why bother! Nothing will ever happen. I tried complaining about a broken seat on a flight... a complete waste of time.

Politics in India is as we know full of corruption and deceipt. It's a pity we didn't all stamp our feet a little harder a few years back but too many people were praising how wonderful it's little idiosyncrasies were. Now it's all excuses and idle promises. Now everyone is just overpowered by greed. The local panchayats are getting richer and richer and have lost the plot because of money.
can we keep this one ontopic please. It was really set up as an info thread
Thanks
Does anyone have any more information on the Oceanic Beach Shack. Someone had mentioned previously that it might be up and running by this weekend, but ive not heard anything yet.
Hi Gemma I'm keeping my fingers crossed for news on the Oceanic too! Great shack is'nt it? :lol:
any news on sam's paradise? only 19 sleeps away!
Does anyone know if the Mishmar & The Camron Shacks (Majorda beach) have been erected yet, if so, are they in the same places as last season?
I was at the Big Banana in Baga on Wednesday when Francis said he had just been awarded his licence, just as well seeing as he was open for business. He was going around hugging people and was so happy. It makes you realise how much strain the shack owners are under.

I have also heard that Bobby's and Spotty's shacks didn't get licences, but don't know how true this is.
Buddha bar and Fishermans Paradise are both up, finishing touches just taking place, Shiva still tastes as good as ever!! :D :glynis
chilly
Checked out the Benaulim area shacks on saturday. Most were still under construction. Johncy's and the one next to it were open but they are permanent brick structures so don't seem to be classed as shacks.

I was told that the licences for the others start on monday. Some plan on being open straight away, others will take a little while to complete.

Geoff
oh no...we really liked bobbys shack the food was great!! :cry:
does anyone know if stringfellows,club 21 and 21 coconuts are open on candolim beach?
thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.