Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Wednesday night update from Benaulim

Very few shacks open at night, most still under construction.
whats going on, its nearly December!!
So glad i chose to go in Jan, instead of keeping to Dec.

Nic
I hope when I am in Goa on the 2nd December staying at the Majorda, the shack we use is open. Not that there is anything wrong with the hotel's own beach shack but we do like to go back down in the evenings and have a meal on the beach.
Shacks now under construction on Morjim Beach.Gilberts Shack will be Cafe Del Mar.allan.
Licences for the shacks in the Benaulim area finally came through on friday (23rd).
A small number were ready to open, but only a few have electricity as yet. In order to get an electrical connection they need to take the licence to the electrical supply people, so it could take a few more days before most get up and running.
On friday night four or five had power, the rest either have a very limited service, with candles at night, or are still being constructed.

Geoff
hi all
we arrived in south goa cavelosim on 15th nov the shacks here have only just got their licences and they are building them now we are staying nr varca and the shack owners are erecting the shacks but have put sun beds on the beach which they are charging 50r for they are trying to provide drinks but still sorting out electric for fridges one or two are up and running and seving drink and food but not all , they should all be ok by next week anita
Most shacks on the Candolim/Calangute/Baga strectch are now up and running. Many do not have signboards up yet - some haven't' got around to it, others who may not have actually got luicences just don't want to draw attention to themselves. So you will probably find your favourite shack in the same place as last year, though it may be incongnito.

Happily, the ugly sponsorship of shacks by a mobile phone and a soft drinks company which so disfigured the beach last season is so far absent. Probably only a matter of time though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.