Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
no pegasus definitely doesnt appeal not only cos of all the bad reports ive read, but mossies and the fact there isnt a lot to do around the hotel, i hate being hotel bound, love to have a nose around the shops, bars markets etc

i wouldnt go back to side either full of germans lol
im going to be on and off here as watching tv too

out of all the places in turkey ive visited my favs are but not in any order lol

cesme, olu deniz, akyaka,icmeler
Karen - if your really really struggling. maybe deep down you know you need a change. You sound really confused now and have looked at so much your brain is sizzling :D . try and go back to when you first started thinking about next year where did you want to go ? what were your original instincts telling you.????
I went to the Hemera in March for 2 weeks and it was wonderful.The hotel wasnt full of Germans but in fact there were more Belguims than any other nationality.We met 3 lovely German couples and are hoping to meet up with them next March.There were Swedes,Norwegian and quite a few British on long stays(6 WEEKS).although the hotel was AI I didnt see anyone worse for wear which is more than I can saw for some AI hotels that are mostly British.The Management ,Barut,are excellent and keep the hotel a pleasure to stay at.There was a large pool area,a large garden and a beautiful sandy beach with plenty of beds.Another excellent hotel in Side is Club Voyager Select and has cheaper prices than the Hemera because it is bigger and situated in a pine forest.Dont worry about getting a sunbed at the Sun City,just do what I do ,Remove the towels if the people dont show by 9.30am!.
The trouble is Turkey seems to have too many lovely resorts and hotels, we are all spoilt for choice. LOL.

Jay I think I need you to come on holiday with me and sort out all the sunbed hoggers. :D

I seriously considered the Hemera for this year but in the end the beautiful pictures of OD won me over. Wouldn't worry me being in a cosmopolitan resort like Side, sometimes a mix of nationalities is good. Last year in Greece it was a quarter of each, Brits, Germans, French and Greeks. :shock: Great atmosphere all enjoying hols together. Must admit I don't fancy Pegasus, but now Iberostar have taken over the new reviews seem good.
i didnt mean i dont want to holiday with germans but were there are more germans they put prices up, silly me didnt explain just rushing off to watch big brother lol

i do like to try different places, but want to make sure its right as ive had a few disappointing hols in the past,

turkey always ticks all the boxes but i will have been 9 times since last easter so maybe its time to look somewhere different just for may 07
I must be the only person who likes the Germans.I lived there when I was first married,my daughter was born there,I had 2 German exchange students stay at my house a few times and my son worked in Bavaria for a couple of years and went to university there.I would love to go back for a holiday as its a beautiful country and the cleanest place I have ever been.
Hi EllieMeg :D

Perhaps you're right and you are meant to try somewhere other than Turkey this time. I know I'm going Off topic but you mentioned Morocco. Was it the Caribbean Village, in Agadir I thought that looked like a possibility for us?

I forgot the prices were more expensive on the Med coast of Turkey, although we go AI we also go out and about quite a bit so that would be a consideration for us as well.
jay ive never said ive got a problem with germans ,i had a german student stay with me last summer and ive been to germany a few times and i have a german aunt, what annoyed me was the fact side put their prices up because they have more german tourists , we were told this by most of the shops and restaurants when we were there
yes that was one option it came out very reasonably priced, which co did you get a quote from, once ive decided that then i can make up my mind which hotel to book in oct, too many hols causes confusion lol
We always eat in Soundwaves resturant run by Penny and Ali and their prices hadnt gone up much from when I was there 12 years ago.I also paid £38 for a trip to Cappadocia in 1994 and they were selling these for between 39euros and £30 in March.
I got my price from Eclipse for this year seem to remember it being good. My Other Half preferred Turkey out of the choices I gave him, so Turkey and Olu D it was. :D I haven't priced up the Caribbean Village for next summer, it sort of went out of my mind as I seem to be in Turkey mode at the moment. LOL :D
it has some very good reports but also some bad ones thats what worried me ive never seen such mixed reports before for a hotel have you read them recently
No, havent read them recently. Would you get good weather there in Oct? You might be better sticking with Turkey.
no this is for may 07 ive got flights booked for oct to dalaman so got to book hotel in turkey for oct
Thats a flight to Dalaman then in Oct (I'm losing the plot watching TV as well, think I better sign off as too long on this machine!) and another destination needed for May then. I'm sure you'll get it sorted soon. :D
yea thats right got some really good prices for bulgaria just been recommended just to add to my confusion lol, my husband cant believe im looking at next year when got 3 to go to this year oops definitely got a prob holiday addiction
morning all , i forgot to ask about the jabs for turkey ,do you have to have them im not to keen on needles ?
no mo been going 24 years and never had jabs, only needed if you going out into none tourist areas, my mother lives there and she hasnt had any either
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.