General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
lilyflipflop

Cheers. I think we have a bodyshop locally, not the sort of shop I frequent :think However I also saw it in Matalan which is next door to Asda, it was £6 in there as well.
Aha we have a local Matalan - bit of a hike to our Asda's :tup
Does anyone know of anything you can apply to your scalp to prevent burning please? It's always my fringe line & parting that kops it, cos I don't always like wearing a hat!

Yes there are a number of clear sun protection sprays for the scalp. I believe Malibu do one but there are a couple of others.
We've just bought the new Nivea clear spray,Boots Soltan does a clear spray too.Last year we bought clear Ambre Solaire for hubby's baldy head but when he perspired some got into his eyes and made them sting,its also not recommended for the face.
Just joined today.
Going to Mexico in Aug and would like to hear from anyone regarding Biodegradable sunscreen.
It appears that you must use this when visiting the eco parks.
Any sugestions as to what is suitable to purchase in uk.

Thanks
Hi ptkdave, I would definately buy it out there, I have never seen any in the shops in the uk, the 'greenpeople' do some online, but it is very expensive, depending on where in mexico you are staying, all the large stores sell it ( at a reasonable price ) as do the eco-parks you'll be visiting .
hope this helps :tup
Well Ive just fake tanned and Im absolutely rubbish at it! I now look like ive spilt fence paint all over me :duh . Anyway, Im due to go on holiday in 6 weeks so should I start using the sunbed or get a spray tan done? Im quite nervous of using a sun bed but not sure if the spray tan last that long. Anyone have any experience at all of either??
(ps just to note I am veeeeery pale!!)
I don't use either. I just catch the sun on holiday. Sun beds are waaaay too dangerous and I don't want to look like an umpa lumpa with fake tan :( However, I found some tanning wet wipes in a shop (can't remember what one?? :que ) and they were brill!! Looked like I been hols!

CourtneeLouise x
I hate getting my scalp burnt its normally where my parting is, what sun product do I use for this..dont want my hair greasy.
Just bought another 2 bottles of Calypso once a day today. I now have 4 bottles for my months holiday. Looking at the bottles, they don't look like they will last a month though. I'm hoping they will. Also hoping that by applying in a thin even coat and not overdoing it (as I tend to do!) I should be able to cover myself ample enough.
I bought a pack of P20 recently which is an airport exclusive and I got it in the duty free at Manchester , there is a P20 spf 20 and spf 10 and a mosquito repellant all 100ml 24.99 for the three , put it away for my India trip :)
Calypso once a day Spf20 is now on sale at Matalan. Reduced from £6 to £4.80.

I've already purchased mine for my holiday so no good to me!
I used the Mark Hill Spray spf 6 on holiday Boots sell it in small bottles is quite good however my next holiday end of august I may get a hat and wear that :)
i bought a soltan spray for head and hair it was bogof and just over £8 but for the 1st time ever my head didnt burrn
well worth the money
Can't believe how cheap wilkos is for lotions got Nivea protect and perfect £5.99 and some Garnier Golden Glow £6.99 :)
Avon have an offer on at the moment, buy three suntan products for £10.....Caz
Hi

Bottles/tubes of suncream do you take for a 2 week holiday?
to pack in my case i have 5 x 200ml bottles of Solait and 1 bottle of Solait 400ml after sun , i will buy more at the airport but only another two bottles because we ran out last year and had to buy more in resort . There is only the two of us hubby and myself
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.