Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Sun village
166 Posts
we are going on the 17th july for 2 weeeks :lol: Just wondering have you heard anything about these apartments. Are we near the beach. We have a 16 14 13 and 9 year old with us,will there be things for them to do...... thanks a million :oops:
dnt knw anyfing bwt the apartments apart from that they are ment to be built by may. It is not too far from the beach and is close to the water park. there probably will be a pool table, most of the hotels out there have pool tables. The kids can go in the pool, there is a karoake bar there on the main street. You can hire out golf buggies for 1 hour for 30 leves. They are fun plus you can go further then and see what else is around and take a walk there later in the nite. Write bk if you want any more info. xx
just found these recent pictures of sun village,looks to be just about completed cant wait untill july.http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/Sunny-Beach/8282
yes i had it on my favourites so youve beat me to put this on looks ok doesnt it.
yes looks great, good to see its nearly finished.cant wait
:lol: thanks for photos of sun village looks lovely
hi
looking good.
thanks for the photos.
cheers
steve
:fly we will going to these apts in 5 weeks 2.5 days . cant wait ! really excited !they look bigger than i thought and pool looks fab! thanks for the photos alison.anyone any tips on what to bring over with us as we are a family of 5 ,youngest is 3 .i have read somewhere that calpol is expencive so will be bringing lots of that with us but what else is expencive out there ?will have lots of pain killers for hangovers too !he he!how much money do you think i will nead because i plan to travel light and buy holiday clothes over there ?my 10 yr old girl loves clothes so can we get a lot of choice for her or is it all sporty ?will let uyou all how we get on in sun village and what they are like when we get home !cheers! :lol:
just read your message diddles. All medicines are quite expensive. My youngest brother suffered with rashes on his legs out there because of the pool water and cream for that was very expensive. So i suggest you take some just in case. There are loads of very nice clothes over there. not all sporty either, i fancied loads of denim skirts and if you haggle with the people on market stalls they put their prices down. If they say they are not going to drop the price just walk away and they will call you back, if they dont you can always go back and get want you want in an hour or so anyway. Perfumes are also very cheap. I wouldnt say you need loads oof money but take about £1000 just incase. Then watever you bring back will be a bonus. Cant think of anything else that is expensive apart from medicines and creams. Would advice you to take a thin jacket tho because some evenings it was a little breezy. I cant wait to go now,going with my fiance :love this year on july 28th so let us know wat sun village apartments are like. I stayed in hotel zornitza last year and that was nice. :yipee Anything else you would like to know just write and ill let you know asap x x xx
can anyone help me and let me no can you bring euro to bulgaria and change it or does it have to be traveller cheque
thanks a mill :?:
Yes Euro's are changeable in Bulgaria but the same rule applies the same as Stirling, only new, untorn, unmarked notes will be accepted. Tonyt
Hi berkeogh,

As Tony says, no problem with clean, unmarked, untorn Euros and the exchange rate fluctuates much less than Sterling, as the Lev is pegged at around 1.95 Leva to the Euro.

Take note of the advice on this site and DO NOT change money in the street or exchange booths, only in banks & hotel change facilities, or you will regret it. :shock:

Baldur
can you use credit cards out there as some one told me that a lot of shops wont take them :?:
Most shops/restaurants, etc. (even in the cities) don't accept Credit Cards - Bulgaria is predominantly a cash economy.

You can withdraw around 400 Leva per day from ATMs in Bulgaria, with most Debit Cards - again, stick to those inside bank branches & protect your PIN entry to avoid cloning, etc.

<Edit> You will find discussions about prices/currency, etc., HERE

Baldur
i personally would advice everyone to take all money with you and dont use the atms as they charge you for using them. But that is just my opinion. I like to be on the safe side when it comes to my credit cards.lol. i would just take extra money with you and keep it in the safe in the hotel. pinkwelshchick x x x x x x x
Hi pinkwelshchick,

dont use the atms as they charge you for using them

Depends which card you use - I receive a superb exchange rate (better than the cash rate) & no additional charges, either by the card issuer or the bank which operates the ATM when I use my Nationwide Flex A/C Debit Card in Bulgaria.

Baldur
Anyone out there give me any idea how much money should i bring with me on holidays. We are going for two weeks in july 2 adults and 2 kids 9 and 13,we like to eat out every night and have a few drinks as well. Like to bring the kids on tours as well.
Thanks a million :?:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.