Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Yes, as long as it's within the limits.(Don't know what they are :))

But why?
you will be able to take your allowance but watch the weight
Hi Em,

I flew to Lanzarote in December and as CI's are not EU you can buy a litre of spirits each in the airport at duty free prices - we bought 2 bottles for £16.00 Whiskey and vodka - the offer also inclded gin - it was the same price on the plane and cheaper than Playa Blanca. HTH.

Gretchen
Thanks gretchen and Bejay, will check the limits before I go .

Robertk, I was thinking of taking my own alcohol because we are staying in a villa, and I have cupboard bursting with spirits that I will never drink at home, so its going to waste a bit, thought I might just pop a couple in my bag .

Em x
:sun2
Dont forget it will have to go in the hold otherwise security will take it from you.
We are flying on Tue from Belfast would we be able to buy in duty free 2 litres for £16 as it would save weight in suitcase could some body who has any knowledge let us know asap
As it has to go in the hold, wrap it in bubble wrap first and tape it up, then wrap that in a towel and place it in the middle of you bag with clothes around it.
You can buy duty free at the airport on the way out but you won't be able to put it in the hold because you will have already check-in when you go to duty free. Not sure what the other poster was talking about. If you buy duty free in Lanzarote then you can wrap it as they said. hope this helps
He's already got it, he's not buying it at the airport. :cheers
was answering tgilmour and he wanted to buy two at the airport. It is possible to do that but he won't be able to put it in his case
He doesn't want to put it in his case. :que
If you can, get the plastic bottles they are much lighter.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.