Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi Everyone
Were doing Teners on a budget this year have managed to get a cheapie so everything needs to be on budget this year including getting the bus not a Taxi. I know the area quite well so my question is Where do i get the bus at the airport to Costa Adeje and what time do they run till. Thanks for the help

Paul and Anne
hi just a thought, due to xl gone and loads stranded, does anyone know what the knock on effect this has on the airport itself, like delays for outbound/inbound craft, and also the other facilities in the airport
going out on 15th oct for the first time in tenerife and was wondering if there is a bus service that takes you from airport to hotel.we were in costa dorada last year and found that there was a 'plana' bus taking you door to door for about 5 euros per person and wondered if tenerife had anything like this.
I have been using Via Express for sometime now for the airport transfer to either LC or PDLA.
They are half the taxi price and it saves you the white knuckle ride. They are not answering email or the telephone so I presume they have gone.
Last visit I used Tenerife Transfers an English run firm again very cheap, the last I heard they are back in the UK after having received death threats.
We know who normally makes these threats if they see their monopoly challenged, no names mentioned.
I shall be back in Tenerife for the winter shortly , most probably until March.
Does anyone know any good airport transfer companies still operating and more to the point can anyone shed anylight on the two companies that have called it a day.
Rodz
Have you got too much luggage for the Titsa bus?

When we used Via Express they kept us waiting around and then we had to walk to find the mini bus.

Haha Dave :tup
The problem for us with the bus is we are way up the hill from the bus station in Los Cristianos, most probably two thirds of a mile.
Been ripped off so many times by the taxi drivers I am always looking for alternatives.
We have to use them sometimes as we are there for the winter, I get a bono card straight away.
Rodz
we have just returned from tenerife and we pre booked his company, and had no problem with them at all, and you pay them when you get there and not up front. http://www.tenerifetransfer.co.uk
Thanks for that,
I tried to get in touch with this company a few days ago and was told they have had death threats and returned to England this week.
Will try again perhaps someone else has taken it over.
Thanks
Rodz
Hi Ya

I have just booked Tenerifetransfer.co.uk on their website for December, I am awaiting confirmation which has not come yet but the web page seemed to be working fine, I will let you know if I don't recieve confirmation, this death threat business is a bit sinister :think , all I want to do is get to my accommodation as reasonably as possible.

Dave :(
well here it is from the horse's mouth i'm afraid, sorry to see them go as i last used them on the 30th september, here is a quote from the owner

** Edit to remove material which may be copyright. Please feel free to post a link instead. luci HT Mod **
  • Edited by luci HT Mod 2008-10-15 12:16:18
    To remove coyright material
Sorry you were cut off Little Legs :rofl , but obviously TenerifeTransfers.co.uk are no more, is it the result of these dreadful threats, very intriquing is the mafia operating in Tenerife.

Dave ;)
sorry admin :(

yes sorry to say this transfer company as had to close due to the tenerife mafia style threats, i wouldn't mind there is loads of bussines to share among alll over there
Is it the usual intimitation by the taxi drivers?
Rodz
Please do not discuss who may or may not be behind these threats as any suggestions may be libelous.

Thanks.

luci :wave
Hi,
We have always used the 487 bus from the airport to las Americas but are now unable to find it in the timetable. It appears to have been replaced by the 488 airport bus.
Can anyone confirm this please - wondering if this is a new service or just a number change. When we were there this May I remember something about a new bus service for the hotels - more expensive.
Thanks
Jean
Hi, was in Tenerife in September, at the airport got the bus 488 which went through to Los Cristianos harbour then on to Costa Adeje, 2.50 euro
Does it stop at the main los cris bus rank (the one in front of to San Marino appts) with all the bus stops) before stopping at the harbour??
Hi everyone
We are going to Playa de las Americas on 28th November staying at Parque Santiago 3. We are thinking of booking the Resort Hoppa Shuttle service from the airport. Has anyone used this and is it reliable.

Many thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.