Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
joe3400,

It's because the ones linked on our What Aircraft? guide are the long haul configuration. You'll be flying on a higher density short haul configuration that are used over the summer months. Seat plan will appear here at some point.

Darren
Thanks Darren, thought that might be the case, any ideas why they pulled the 757?
One thought, have they consolidated their flights, therefore a330 from Manchester picks is up from Gatwick.
joe3400,

Its not that the 757 was pulled, they needed a larger aircraft plus there are less 757's around these days due to retirement as they've reached there passenger service life. Its not a flight consolidation as far as im aware, its not operating MAN-LGW-HRG.

Darren
Hi Darren

I have just booked TCX2462 Manchester to Arrecife on 9 June 2014 returning on 16 June. I've booked extra leg room seats and the configuration on the seat plan was 2-4-2. Just wondering what aircraft this would be?

Thanks very much.
Jayneheppy,

MAN-ACE-MAN (TCX2462/3) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Hi Darren,
We're flying back from AYT to LGW on TCX1727 19/4/14.
The seat plan shows 3-3-3 with the toilets / stairs as per old MYT downstairs config.
Are they using their old long haul A332 for short haul long term with seats packed in tighter, or are we getting the benefits of extra leg room etc for our short haul flight? Interestingly, the rear section of the seat plan is not selectable making me think they haven't decided this themselves yet?! (the seat plan goes to row 42, with 32DEF onwards not selectable, the window seat pairs are "twined" and seem to be selectable though).
Thanks.
rhodgreen,

An A332 is normally converted for short haul work in the summer months (354 seats). This is normally a TCX Scandinavian aircraft leased in for the busy summer season with the downstairs toilets just the same as the UK aircraft, but it's probably yet to be confirmed. It's unlikely to be long haul configuration.

Darren
Hi Darren.
am i right in assuming flight tx126 on 17th april to orlando has only 31" seat pitch as opposed to the normal 33". i am asking as this is a 2-4-3 instead of the 3-3-3. you pointed out in my earlier Q that it would be an ex bmi Airbus A330-200.
grimlord01,

I'll have to check next time im in the office for you. If the seating plan is showing 2-4-2 throughout, then yes, its the ex Bmi A332.

Darren
Once again I'm spitting feathers with TC, or more particularly their site! I booked a flight back in December and a couple of weeks ago went into Manage My Booking to add luggage and API. It appeared to go through OK, including them quoting the card I'd previously used to pay for the flight. I didn't get any further acknowledgement however and when I got my statement today from my credit card company the payment wasn't showing. Checking with Manage My Booking nothing was showing there either. I went into Live Chat where I was told it hadn't been booked, though my API had been added. It was suggested I'd better ring them (not a free number of course). All sorted now on the phone, but I've had nothing but problems with their site throughout, jncluding only being able to access them through Chrome rather than IE which I usually use. :banghead:
grimlord01 wrote:
Time to play sardines then

The 3-3-3 configured are 32/33" pitch and the 2-4-2 is 31/32" pitch, but the seats are slimmer so there's not a lot of difference in the actual leg room.
i went last year and the 3-3-3 config was just about ok(i wouldnt have wanted any smaller seat) and from your info the 2-4-2 would be more comfortable as it is slightly wider? I know there is 1 seat less on the width but thought maybe this aircraft wasnt as wide. Thanks for the heads up Sunaddict
grimlord01,

Seat widths are marginally wider, but not much and hardly noticeable. The aircraft fuselage width is the same being the same aircraft type. It's only the interior that differs.

Darren
Darren:

Reference my question on February 17th concerning TCX244 Manchester to Holguin on Thursday March 7th as to where the aircraft was flying in from. You said the inbound flight would be from Barbados, but I can't see an inbound TC flight from Barbados arriving Manchester on Thursday.

I think the inbound flight is TCX465 from Cayo Coco as today this flight has a delayed arrival at 10.00am and the Holguin flight has a delayed departure time estimated at 12 noon. I would be pleased if you could confirm this for me. Many thanks.
songbid,

I can only pass on what it on my screen. As your flight is operated by G-CHTZ (ex-BmI) is doesn't tend to change. TCX815/6 has been the inbound flight every week for the past couple of months. As there's a delay to a flight, aircraft are sometimes swapped around to minimise issues and get things back on track.

Darren
Watford Travellers wrote:
Hello
I have just booked a Thomas cook holiday to Turkey on 30th May. I thought it was TC flights until I tried to book seats and then realised its a monarch flight number ZB 826 and ZB 827

I have a couple of questions!
Does this now mean I am unable to book seats at all or can I book with monarch? The same with online check in??
Also, if I wanted extras like ordering a bottle of champagne on board (hubbies 50th the day we fly) who do I book, or even can I??

Feel a bit cheated if I cannot do any of the above!!! That's why I booked with Thomas Cook!!

Sorry for so many questions

Thanks

Just an update to my post above, we had to cancel flights now till September, but long story short. I called Monarch a couple of days ago and was able to book seats and extra's with no problem, our details were already on their system..... happy days :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.