Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
tammie52 wrote:
how long after getting all the paperwork from travel agent.(Thomas cook) to goin on line to book the seats . booked holiday to PEK yesterday paid in full. but when I tried to log in last night with the booking reff it wouldn't let me. any advise would be great thanks

It can take up to 72 hours for the information to be uploaded onto the airlines website, but it's not usully that long. Just keep trying.
Hi Darren

Can you tell me what type of aircraft will be used for TCX174 Manchester to Cayo Coco on 1 October 2014.

Thanks very much :)
Jayneheppy wrote:
Hi Darren

Can you tell me what type of aircraft will be used for TCX174 Manchester to Cayo Coco on 1 October 2014.

Thanks very much :)

A330-200.
Hi Tammie, I'm also flying to Enfidha with TC on 3rd May and have booked the flight on line, added luggage and API and received the paperwork, On checking it seems that you can book seats from £9.50. I can check-in on line for the outward journey from the evening of 1st May but can't check in on line for the return.
Hey,I am travelling to dalaman on 7th July on a tcx 763. Does anybody know if seat 13A has a window or not. Also I believe 2 of the 763 aircraft are on lease to condor, do u know when they are due back and will they be painted in the new thomas cool livery?
Cheers
Chris
Cheeky999,

G-DAJC and G-TCCA are currently with Condor. G-TCCB is in the UK. One will be back in May I believe for the summer season. All have the sunny heart tail but not the new livery. They're unlikely to have the new full livery until they are due a repaint. 13A on the 763 I don't believe has a window,

Darren
Cheers for that, it just shows on the seating plan on flythomascook that it does have a window so just wanted to make sure.
IFE
Didn't TCX stop doing IFE on short haul or am I getting mixed with with TOM?
Does anyone have any up to date knowledge of IFE on A321 aircraft (medium haul)?
Darren's information page states A321 doesn't have IFE whereas their website has a download for Feb-Apr for the A321.
Also, on said aircraft, is it a 2 pin or single jack socket for the headphones?
Secondly, for our return trip, do they use the seat back tellies for medium haul (Turkey) on A332? (assume they still have the 2 pin sockets? - will dig out my ancient My Travel headphones!).
Thanks!

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
rhodgreen,

IFE details are on our What Aircraft? guide. I keep it as up to date as I can but things do change from time to time. Up to recently, IFE wasn't available on the A32x fleet. However with new build aircraft now being delivered to the fleet, this is changing with the newer A321's having IFE installed. The older A321's I believe don't. Headphone sockets are 2 pin although most ports are now stereo on the new aircraft so you don't normally need an adapter for them. This is for newer aircraft only, older types (757, 767, A330) you still need an adapter. Seat back IFE is available on all the long haul configured A332's. They normally lease in a TCX Scandinavian A330 for the summer season charters or reconfigure one of the long haul. Depending on which they lease and which they configure for short haul depends on whether seat back or mainscreen IFE Is onboard. I would assume it does as most of the fleet has seat back IFE installed. You'll need a 2 pin adapter for the headphones.

Darren
Hi Darren

Hope you can help me with this one, we are due to travel on 5th May from Manchester to dalaman on TCX2708, we have pre booked seats on our outbound flight in row 7, can you tell me if these are window seats and also are they fairly close to the ife screens (this is for my little girl who's so excited about watching telly on the plane!)

Also wanted your opinion about booking our seats for the return flight, don't know whether to book them as this is a late night flight so not bothered too much about window seats but my missus is worried about been split up if no seats all together.

Hope you can help me with this query.

Cheers
Paul
Pa3580,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-DLM-MAN (TCX2708/9) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including a seat plan, aircraft and cabin photos. Row 7 has windows. IFE screens will be a couple of rows infront above the isle so not too bad. You don't want to be too close to them or you'll get neck ache looking upwards! A and H seats aren't the greatest for viewing the screens either as the overhead lockers get in the way. If you're worried about not being seated together on your inbound flight, selecting seats solves that problem. It's a lottery with seating, you get whatever is left.

Darren
Hi Darren! I have just booked a holiday with TC to Skiathos in June 2014. Just checking the return flight TCX5005 and realised that we stop at a place called Kavala? Is this for refuelling? Would we be allowed off the plane? Also how long would we be at Kavala? Apologies for all of the questions, its just that I am a nervous flyer and the thought of two take off and landings on one flight is beginning to make me feel slightly stressed! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

Elaine
ELAINE 1963,

As the runway in Skiathos is short, the aircraft can't take-off with the required fuel so needs to hop to a neighbouring island to take on the required fuel. It does mean 2 take-offs and landings, but it's routine and nothing to worry about. You won't be permitted to leave the aircraft during refulling, just stay in your seat with the seat belts off during refuelling. It will only take 30 minutes at the most so there's not enough time to deplane. You'll be fine.

Darren
Ah thanks Darren!

I am sure I can manage half an hour! From what I have been told about Skiathos, it will be well worth it!

Best Regards

Elaine
Hello,

I'm travelling to hurghda on Friday with thomas cook and have selected my seats. On all my corrispondence it states I'm going on a 767 but I've done a little research and seen that last week they flew out an a330 can anyone shed any light on this?

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.