Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren,

I had noticed on SeatGuru that seat 2F was marked as a 'green seat', and thus one they would recommend. This is because apparently according to their map while seat 2F is a standard seat (and so £9.50), there is actually no seat (1F) in front of it, meaning it was actually extra legroom, and thus a bargain.

A quick google search to just double check this brought me to this forum where I think possibly yourself mentioned that this was not the case, and that seat 1F did indeed 'exist', thus making 2F a normal seat (if that makes sense?)

Thanks for the clarification about the slide though. I did read a review on Seatplans however that said:

Exit seats are poor due to the fact that the box containing the emergency slide is very large on a 767, so people were having to sit diagonally.

I'd hate to think that this was indeed the case. While I have sat in a similar seat before, it's fine it was free. However it wouldn't be good if you did have the slide and you paid £29.50 each way for the privilege! If you think that row 15 (and especially 15H where I would be sitting) doesn't have a slide, then I shall stay where I am.

Thanks.
Hi guys,

We've just booked our holiday for June 2015 to Cancun. We're flying MAN-CUN (MT162) on 10th June. I just have a couple of quick questions.

We've booked through Hays Travel, but it's a Thomas Cook holiday. When I asked the Hays Travel rep what happens with pre-booking seats she wasn't sure at all. Can seats be pre-booked, and when? If so roughly what is the cost? When seats are pre-booked can you choose the seat you want to sit in or is it just a guarantee the whole party will be seated together?

Also, I know it's probably too early to tell but how likely is it we will get the ex-BMI 2-4-2 configuration A330? As a family of 3 we'd much prefer one of the 3-3-3 configuration planes.

Ok so that's probably more than a couple of questions! ;)
  • Edited by jac_789 2014-04-28 15:13:37
jac_789,

MAN-CUN-MAN (TCX148/9) are operated by regular TCX Airbus A330-200 with 3-3-3 seating in economy, not the ex-Bmi. You'll have to wait for advice from Hayes Travel regarding seat selection. They should be able to choose the seats for you or provide you with a booking reference to choose actual seats.

Darren
Hi Darren,

I'm off to Holguin, Cuba on May 6th flying from Gatwick on TCX134. Can you please tell me where the aircraft is flying in from. Much appreciated.
songbid,

It'll either be Punta Cana or Cancun.

Darren
Hi,
We're travelling on TCX352 on Fri 27 June Manchester to Varadero.
Could you kindly tell me where the plane will be arriving from and, if possible, whether there is much of a gap between its landing and our departure?
Thanks,
Paul
paulbos,

There's plenty of time for the turnaround, normally 3 hours. The aircraft should be inbound from either Orlando or Cancun.

Darren
Darren,
Many thanks.
The seating configuration suggests that it is scheduled to be the ex-BMI plane.
Many thanks Darren. I suppose because it will be the first week of the changeover from winter to summer schedules it makes it difficult to predict.
just back from Florida and i can say that the twin seats(the 2 in the 2-4-2) on the ex bmi are in my opinion far better than the 3-4-3 we traveled on the year before with more legroom and width.
grimlord01,

I think you mean 3-3-3? TCX don't operate any aircraft large enough to be configured 3-4-3.

Darren
I've been looking at flights with a view to going to Santiago de Cuba for the big Matamoros Son festival in September (there's also a big dance festival on at the same time) and the best dates and prices at the moment are coming up flying Manchester/Holguin with Thomas Cook. The only problem is I have only used Thomas Cook once and I wasn't impressed but I want if at all possible to avoid flying into Havana and having to mess around sorting out either an internal flight or the overnight bus to get to the other end of the island. I can arrange to be picked up from Holguin and it is just a couple of hours drive so that would be my first choice of arrival airport.

Has anybody any recent experience of flying this route with Thomas Cook? For example, is it really worth paying £11 for the meal? Any update since I used them some 5 years ago from Gatwick would be much appreciated. I do so miss Cubana!

SM
SMa,

You may be pleasantly surprised. They're just about on par with Thomson these days in economy and not far behind the scheduled carriers. I certainly wouldn't have any problems flying with them if they were the cheapest option. The meals aren't too bad, no worse than any other airline. They aren't cheap but then you are 7 miles high in an aluminium tube!

Darren
Hi Darren,

Just letting you know that today we've been able to log in online and pre-book seats for our MAN-CUN fight (TCX162/163) on 10th June 2015. This flight looks as though it's being operated by the renovated A330-200 with the 2-4-2 configuration. I just thought i'd let you know incase anyone else asks :)
Thanks, Darren, I can't actually book just yet, a bit of negotiating to do at work first but it does look as if they are the best option.

SM
Hi Darren. Can you please advise which craft I will be flying on from manchester- antalya on 27th June? It is a Thomas Cook flight TXC2548.
Thanks
alexkeirmaxmum,

Are you sure it's the 27th June? There are no flights showing for that date. That flight number is showing as a Sunday flight, not a Thursday? MAN-AYT-MAN (TXC2548/9) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Sorry you are right, it is the Sunday. When I go in to book seats, it shows configuration of 2-4-2. Would that be right?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.