Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We're looking to book seats for our journey on 10/06/15 from MAN-CUN and the return leg on 24/06/15 (flight no TCX162/163). Thomas Cook's website is showing the refurbished A330 (2-4-2 config). I was wondering if anyone has any info on which seats to avoid booking? I've tried searching on seat guru etc but i'm struggling to find the particular config. We're thinking of booking 38A, 38C, 38D, 37A & 37C.

Thanks.
Jac_789,

Seating is personal preference. The ones you're looking at are as good as any others.

Darren
jac_789
i flew to and from Orlando on this plane and thought the seats in 2's seem to have slightly more room than the row of 4. The exception was the row of 4 when you first enter the aircraft(the extra legroom seats) where there was that much room in front of the seats they were playing charades
grimlord01
Thanks so much for your reply. We've decided to book 2 sets of 2 seats with one directly across the aisle. Can you remember if the rows of seats are aligned so that seats C and D are directly across the aisle or are they slightly off-set?
jac_789 wrote:
We're looking to book seats for our journey on 10/06/15 from MAN-CUN and the return leg on 24/06/15 (flight no TCX162/163). Thomas Cook's website is showing the refurbished A330 (2-4-2 config). I was wondering if anyone has any info on which seats to avoid booking? I've tried searching on seat guru etc but i'm struggling to find the particular config. We're thinking of booking 38A, 38C, 38D, 37A & 37C.

Thanks.

They'll all be refurbished by then, Those flights look to be operated by one of the currently configured 3-3-3 aircraft which will be 2-4-2 for next summer.
jac_789
i think they are slightly off but not by much
hi flying man to las on 11/06/14 tcx718 i been rading films are shown on loop could u tell me what that means on loop ?
Hi buster,

We're flying MAN-CUN on TCX162 on 10/06/15, and from what I can gather (and what i've been told on here) all of the long haul A330's should have been re-fitted by then, meaning they will have 2-4-2 configuration and will all include the new entertainment system, which I *believe* means films will not be on a loop. I'm not 100% sure on this though, so clarification would be perfect.
  • Edited by jac_789 2014-05-29 19:51:19
we booked our seats on fly thomascook website and it showed 3-3-3 on seat plan.
Oh sorry, i've just realised you said 2014. I thought you meant next summer!

I think the 3-3-3 config A330's do have films on a loop, meaning they all start at once and cannot be paused.
Hi, flying to dalaman in July on a b763. I have noticed that g-tcca/b are in the uk, but just wondered if anyone knows where g-dajc has gone? Also will the condor titles on tcca be changed to thomas cook?
Cheeky999 wrote:
Hi, flying to dalaman in July on a b763. I have noticed that g-tcca/b are in the uk, but just wondered if anyone knows where g-dajc has gone? Also will the condor titles on tcca be changed to thomas cook?

G-DAJC is on lease to Condor I think.
buster27,

Film on loop just means they when they are played, you have to watch it from whatever point the film is at when you put it on. If the film started 30 minutes ago, you'd have to watch it from that point or wait until it finished and it restarted. More modern systems are on-demand where you can start and stop them at any time.

Darren
Hi Darren, further to my post of 5th May, I have now booked with TC to Holguin for my trip to Santiago da Cuba in September. Surprisingly, despite telling me that there was only 1 seat left by this morning the price was cheaper than when I was looking at the beginning of May! Perhaps because there was only one seat left and most people are buying 2? Who knows? Either way I am pleased with the price I've paid and because I know there are other people who are going to Santiago too and are booked on the same flight, we'll be able to share the transfer costs. So result all round because overall it is working out much cheaper than having to fly into Havana and thanks for the earlier advice. :tup

SM
Hi,]]I was wondering if you can help me with selecting a seat for next years holiday, We are travelling on a 757 - 300 and would like a decent window seat as its our sons first holiday and its day flights. Which rows offer the best window?
sxem,

Welcome onboard :tup
There are no 'best' seats, it's very much personal preference. If you're wanting a view out of the window without the wing in view, one towards the front or rear of the aircraft will be fine. The ones in the centre will have the wing obscuring views.

Darren
For those interested, Thomas Cook are in final discussions to lease an Airbus A330-200 from Air Tanker's (Travelmode article) to cover their expanding long haul schedule. Air to air refullelling over the Atlantic on the way to Antigua perhaps? Watching a couple of Typhoons out of the window would beat seat back IFE any day! My camera is at the ready :tongue

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.