Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
songbid,

That's true, it is a double drop that flight. It's definitely that one though.

Darren
Thanks Darren. It is strange though that this morning's flight from Cayo Coco was over 4 hours late arriving at 10.25am and the Holguin flight departed 90 minutes late whereas the Antigua/Barbados flight arrived ten minutes early at 7am. I probably put 2 and 2 together and made 5.

Maybe the aircraft coming in from Barbados needed a quick repair and that's why it departed late.
Hi Dazbo (long time no post :oops: )

Just noticed the TCX138 flight from MAN - Goa (due out 09:25 today) is delayed by probably 24 hours because the Barbados - MAN flight TCX147 due in this morning at 04:55 is delayed (board shows 'Next information at 16:00').

I'm on the MAN - Goa flight TCX114 this Wednesday (09:25 5/3) and wondered if you can tell me where the plane will be coming from so I can track it.
Basically, I'm wondering if it's the same aircraft that is currently stuck in Barbados and if this long delay will impact on my flight.

Many thanks

Polly
Prettypollycat,

It is normally the same aircraft, G-CHTZ on that rotation so there may be a slight knock-on delay still on Wednesday. The aircraft would normally come in on flight TCX149 from Cancun.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo.

Do I have this right?

Plane comes in from Barbados (usually early Sunday morning), out to Goa, back to MAN (usually early Monday morning), out to Cancun, back to MAN then out to Goa Wednesday 5/3 @ (fingers crossed) 09:25.

Thanks
Prettypollycat,

I'm not in the office at the moment so i can't check movements for every day, I can only do the day before. I'm sure any delays will be minimized.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Going on flight TCX464 MCR to Cayo Coca. on 13/03. This was the flight following on from the inbound Goa flight TCX115. I see that the plane for TCX464 came up from Gatwick last Thursday (4 hours late). Is this now the normal schedule or was it a one off to allow for the Barbados flight? Hopefully the delay was also a 1 off.

Thanks
DLT1,

Airlines try to minimise delays when they occur. They are as much as an inconvenience (and expense) for them and they are for the passengers. They tend to be one offs but are sometimes out of their control. eg the strong winds of late have caused problems. Hopefully things will be running on time when you fly. The flight before yours is normally the TCX115.

Darren
Thanks Darren. Will see what happens this week.
Hi,

We are looking at booking to return to Mexico as soon as the dates for 2015 are released. We have always flown with Virgin in the past, but had a bad experience on a Virgin Holiday last year so we're looking to change companies. The hotel we really want to go to is exclusively TC in the UK, and so we're looking at booking with them.

I've read a lot about TCX using different seat configurations for their long haul flights. From what I can see some are 2-4-2 and some are 3-3-3. I was wondering if anyone could clarify which is the newer configuration, and which we would be most likely to get flying MAN-CUN next June?

I know it's probably really difficult to tell, but any inkling would help as there will be 2 adults and a child flying and I have a terrible fear of flying which is only made better by sitting near a window on take off and landing (which I know is odd as it's usually the opposite).

If anyone can shed any light on this for me it'd be greatly appreciated :)
jac_789,

Welcome onboard ;tup

Please quote flight numbers and your dates or travel when requesting aircraft information. There's often more then one flight. This ensures we get the correct information for you. MAN-CUN-MAN (TCX162/3, TCX168/9?) are operated by Airbus A330-200 (TCX 3-3-3 up to press, not the ex Bmi in 2-4-2). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi Darren,

Thanks for your reply. We haven't actually booked yet as the dates aren't out but I just wanted to check which configuration it's likely to be. I'm glad it's usually the 3-3-3, makes me feel much more at ease about booking Thomas Cook.
jac789
I've read that the 2-4-2 plane is really nice, we're due out of MAN to Goa on it tomorrow.

Here's a youtube link to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPeyLTGXKjM&list=PLZTKwRPJGkslCIHDEyQXAE8tK3i7xibQu&index=5
Dazbo
further to my post a couple of days ago, the plane you said will probably be used for our flight tomorrow (TCX114 to Goa) when it comes back from Cancun (TCX149) is showing 'boarding' for the outbound flight to Cancun (TCX148) so I think that looks promising.

Have to say that on our last long-haul TC flights, the food (menu designed by James Martin) was pretty good.
Yeah polly, I agree it looks lovely. It's perfect for passengers who travel as a couple as they can have a window without having to have a stranger next to them. It would just make it really awkward for us having a young child who wants to see out of a window (and me with my fear of flying preferring to be able to see out), having to have no window and the possibility of someone next to us as well. Not easy when you have a small child who could get wriggly!

I'll cross my fingers for 3-3-3 configuration!
Hi Dazbo

We are flying on the 28th June to Antalya from Birmingham. TCX 4682.
Any idea which plane services this route?

Anthony
Imbrugliasboy,

BHX-AYT-BHX (TCX4682/3) are operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.