Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thomas cook flights
3590 Posts
I use Thomas Cook regularly, but I have never found them claustrophobic. I will agree with the leg room though, if you are above average height you will find them very close together.
BON VOYAGE

you do not say whether its short or long haul but as your post has been moved from the turkey forum i will assume short haul..

the advertised seat pitch for thos cook short haul is 30 inch to put this in perspective BA/BMI/flyB/Cyprus airways are 31 inch Easy jet/Monarch are 29 inch,Ryon air are 30 inch and Thomson short haul 28 inch so very little in it as for Claustrophobic as they all usually use either Airbus or Boeing narrow bodied jets there is little to chose..

if you are a nervous flyer may i suggest you read through the Fear of flying thread further up the airline index page

wizard
HI there, thanks for the responses. It is Turkey I am travelling to, I will do a wee bit more research on the aircraft you have mentioned and measure my legs :D . I am only 5 2ish so I should be ok I think
im 5'8" and OH is 5' 0" and not had a problem even on squeezy jet :rofl
Pay a little extra and book an exit seat. You'll be fine, I've flown on tighter legroom flights. Thomas Cook is fine :cheers
Thanks everybody. We have two little boys so can't book exit seats or would have, also these are already booked. I am about to book seats but wanted to ask where the best place is to sit on a plane. Hubby thinks away from wings I remember hearing something about safest place being in middle. Sorry to be a pain but I am very nervous flier :cry
in front of the wing/engine area is the quietest
the area 2 rows either side of the wings is the strongest part of the airframe
the area to the rear of the wings can incur engine noise

but i have always believed the back seats are the safest...... Well have you ever read of an aircraft backing into a mountain :rofl :rofl

wizard
BON VOYAGE,

Statistically, there are no seats that are safer than any others. However, in effecting an evacuation, it has been shown seats within 7 rows of an exit are the safest. Other than that, it makes little difference, front, middle or rear. Aviation is the safest form of transports and the most dangerous part of any flight, again statistically, is the drive to and from the airport. Seating is really personal preference. Given you're on an all economy flight, all seats are pretty much the same apart from the extra legroom seats, so it's whatever you prefer really. You'll feel aircraft movements more the further away from the wings you (centre of gravity) are and it's generally quieter infront of the engines, but it's all personal preference.

Darren
I have just booked the exit seats row 11 for the tcx 907x sept 5th do you know if there is a window to look out of I am under the impression there isnt thanks julie
a judy,

There are windows on row 11 (B752), however it's only a small one in the door. As the seats are in pairs and set back from the fuselage, you don't get a clear view out of it, especially from a seated position. If you look over your shoulder though, you'll get a view out of the window to the side/rear.

Darren
Are airlines allowed to seperate children from adults on flights? i am concerned because i do not want to pay to choose my seats on my flight. Our party has 6 adults and 2 children. I realise that the adults will proberbly be seperated and have no concerns with that ( could be a bonus-travelling with the in laws!!)
my youngest is a nervous flier and is dyspraxic and has ADD. I have emailed Thomas Cook.

:think :que
I am a family of three and the once we travelled with First Choice and was told not to bother pre-booking seats as they never split families up.

We arrived extra early at airport as usual only to find that there wasn't 3 seats anywhere on the plane to sit us together.

They told us that the policy was the child must always sit with the mother, and then they upgraded hubby to extra legroom for the inconvenience!!!! :yikes

That was a fun flight I can tell you.

Now whether or not that was just First Choices policy or a general airlines policy I don't know.

I can't imagine you been completely split up into single seats so I can't see any problem. :cheers
how can i find out what inflight entertainment will be on the plane? 12/09/10 Gatwick to Puerto Plata dominican republic?

thanks in advance!

love this forum :D
Films for August, September and October.

OUTBOUND.
Premium Movie1
Brooklyn's Finest
Premium Movie 2
Ghost Writer
Main Movie
Shrek Forever After
Movie Plus
Date Night
Additional Movie
Alive in Wonderland
Family Choice
Iron Man 2

INBOUND
Premium Movie 1
From Paris with Love
Premium Movie 2
Edge of Darkness
Main Movie
Valentines Day
Movie Plus
Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang
Additional Movie
Kick- ass
Family Choice
The Bounty Hunter
jonnyharb,

Aircraft information, including a link to Thomas Cooks inflight magazine where IFE etc is listed is available on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
do you have to pay for the premium movies? or are they all free to watch?
They are only for people in the premium cabin. Pretty sure they don't do an IFE upgrade for economy.
jonnyharb,

If you are a premium customer, you'll have all movies, including the premium ones included. Economy customers don't have the option of upgrading to premium movies as all but one of the aircraft (A332's) have an older generation of IFE system installed that doesn't have the facility.

Darren
Hi can anyone tell me what row 12 on Thomas Cook A321 aircraft is like, I have booked these seats for four people for the extra leg room but looking at the aircraft plan I can't work out how they have more leg room as their is seats infront of them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.